warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

AGM65 Maverick is done, AIM9 Block 2 will be done today. I may do an older SLAM anti ship missile just cause too. Any other helicopter launched weapons you guys would like to see?

AGM65 Maverick is done, AIM9 Block 2 will be done today. I may do an older SLAM anti ship missile just cause too. Any other helicopter launched weapons you guys would like to see?

Stinger, AGM114, FFAR and the M320 is all I need to kill  :lol:  :lol:

Mine dispersal bomb, like the CBU-103?

It's a legit thing, its always interested me helicopters with bombs, weird combo.

' Can be equipped with VOLCANO minefield dispersal system'

Other then that as long as it has Rocket Pods and Hellfires i'm a happy camper 

Yes will have both m260/261 hydra rocket launchers. Also doing our own DAGR launcher/missiles. Im not a huge fan of cluster or mine munitions (ive seen their devastation firsthand) so most likely wont see anything like that. You will however, see various types of 30mm rounds at your disposal.

Also dont forget you'll have pylon mounted m134's and gau-19. All weapons systems (except m230) will be available for littlebird gunships too

Yes will have both m260/261 hydra rocket launchers. Also doing our own DAGR launcher/missiles. Im not a huge fan of cluster or mine munitions (ive seen their devastation firsthand) so most likely wont see anything like that. You will however, see various types of 30mm rounds at your disposal.

Also dont forget you'll have pylon mounted m134's and gau-19. All weapons systems (except m230) will be available for littlebird gunships too

ah okay, i understand. On the topic of weapons how are you going to delegate the weapon controls? Will it be strictly co-pilot control over weapon systems or more like an attack chopper setup with the Direct ground attack weapons for the pilot and the guided weaponry for the co-pilot?

• Like 1

Now that sir, is a million dollar question. Ill leave that stuff to mag and the team. Whatever flows good, works best, easiest to use, and most realistic.

• Like 2

Hope the mechanics allow for the both pilots to access the direct fire systems (guns / rockets).

We will definitly start with the common variant.

Pilot (Right Seat) will be able to fire all the forward directed ammunition (M230, GAU-19, M134, M260/261 Rockets) while the Co-Pilot (Left Seat) will handle the FLIR Pod + Hellfire and DAGR.

Then we will start playing arround with different configurations.

• Like 1

OMG I cannot wait for these to be released. Amazing work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtual US Army Special Operations Command is very much looking forward to this!!!

~S

No FIM-92's for defense on the Blackhawk?

• Like 1

What you equip your personnel with to defend the birds is up to you. The DAPs will be equipped with a wide array of weapons able to attack land, sea, and air targets. But i wouldnt rely upon hawks for sustained CAS if enemy AA or aircraft are within your AO.

• Like 1

What you equip your personnel with to defend the birds is up to you. The DAPs will be equipped with a wide array of weapons able to attack land, sea, and air targets. But i wouldnt rely upon hawks for sustained CAS if enemy AA or aircraft are within your AO.

I may be wrong but the DAPs use FIM-92 Stingers rather than AIM-9s for air defence, no? 

I'm really hoping for them too haha!

AIM-9 works too, anything AA is fine 

I may be wrong but the DAPs use FIM-92 Stingers rather than AIM-9s for air defence, no? 

I didn't think AIM-9s and Mavericks were even cleared for use on the Blackhawk.

Oh, man, I really like and hate this endless teasing at the same time! Keep up the awesome work!

They are now muahahahaha

Oh lordy...  

Hydra pods look great, btw.

I know you guys are busy with things other than textures, but could a Navy/Marines-style silver/grey skin be a possibility for the -60's in the future? I know it isn't what the SOAR would fly around in but seeing as a lot of communities tend to do a majority of day missions, something that isn't flat black would make a bit of sense. :D
Anyways, I love all the screens, this looks amazing - also thanks for keeping everyone in the loop about the development!

Well, Pave Hawks etc are on the wish list, but they are on the backburner until the two brothers of the MH-60 are done...

But in the release version, you will have the posibility to make reskins if that makes you happy...