warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Will you set up the helos to have a randomly generated flight number on the glass since having two of the same helos is a bit immersion breaking, and are there any plans to remove the doors from the MH-60s?

"I hopped into Super Six-Four, settled into the right seat, and harnessed up. The doors had been removed, because they provided no ballistic protection anyway and when the dust kicked up you could see better if you could just look down." - Michael J. Durant (In The Company Of Heroes Page 11)

The progress is looking great guys, keep it up!

Heres a few more recent reference photos as well.

40abe64f1b.jpg

c2cfefe4e3.jpg

• Like 1

Wow very beautiful dude! It's so good to see this slowly coming out! Keep up and you'll do just fine!

@ghostops

the window number was really a test for myself experimenting with the alpha channels. We can look into random generated numbers however it will just be easier to include them with the tail number "camo" change through the service menu, and/or change them through a simple setobjecttexture init field script. Either way they will be changable and i will supply enough different numbers that you could fly a whole squadron and still have different numbers. Im not a huge fan of random generated stuff, and like to know exactly what im getting in a mission so i assume you guys do too

As always thank you guys for your ongoing support, we hope to have these ladies ingame soon ;)

• Like 1

Ingame soon?

Great news!

So, will you release both BH and LB or one at a time?

Also, will all the features (like fastrope) available day one or will they be added later?

• Like 1

Littlebird will be delayed. aBates is currently to busy with school.

Featurewise it wont a big package. What I can say is that the flightmodel (and AFM) will be at least usable ;-).

While fastrope is a importend piece of the puzzle, it wont be featured yet. Simply because we didnt put in any work yet (AFAIK).

No big scripters released yet a reliable and MP ready fastrope function with dynamic ropes, so I do not believe it will be here anytime soon. Sorry. Maybe we have to go back to static ropes.

I'm only becoming more excited by this as time passes! The model and general progress look very promising, but I have a few questions:

1. I see the main post mentions the option to equip/unequip the MH-60 pilot doors, but will this also include the rear cargo doors, or will they be permanently attached and open like in the WIP pictures above?

2. Regarding the attack variants of the helicopters, like the DAP, for instance, are there any plans to add some kind of laser pointer sight to them? It was previously mentioned in the MELB thread, and I think it would be a fantastic feature if done right.

Thank you for all the work and the consistent progress updates! 

Currently the following is planned for the cargo doors.

They are closable by an action. If they are open, there will be FFV seats available, probably arround 2 maybe 3, will have to check the animations for that. If the FFV slots are empty, they can be closed.

We will look into the laser pointer. Not only on the DAP, we would like to have the ANPEQ laser usable which is attached to the M134's so the crewmen can use them.

• Like 2

@ghostops

the window number was really a test for myself experimenting with the alpha channels. We can look into random generated numbers however it will just be easier to include them with the tail number "camo" change through the service menu, and/or change them through a simple setobjecttexture init field script. Either way they will be changable and i will supply enough different numbers that you could fly a whole squadron and still have different numbers. Im not a huge fan of random generated stuff, and like to know exactly what im getting in a mission so i assume you guys do too

As always thank you guys for your ongoing support, we hope to have these ladies ingame soon ;)

see if you can borrow the RHS guys method, although I don't know if the numbers would all be the same client side then... so maybe not

Vert nice!

A few question:

Will there be model with and without refueling probe, or will we be able to add/remove it by script?

What version of MH-60 do you release? L only or also M and K version?

Will you add laser and EOTech to M134 or only laser?

Same here: if you add laser and/or EOTech, will we be able to add/remove them by script?

Thanks!

Needs some tweaking, but.....

buldozer%202014-07-28%2004-08-50-86_zpsf

buldozer%202014-07-28%2004-09-10-59_zpss

ill talk with john spartan and saul about service menu options for the door guns. Have two versions one with and one without eotech/laser

Check first page for info on models planned. I havent posted a pic of L cockpit yet

But pilot doors, fuel probe, ETC can be added/removed thru service menu

• Like 3

Great news!

And very nice work on the M134!

However, my question about the version was more "for the first release" lol

Will it be only one model or all the MH-60 versions that you will release?

DAMN!!!!!
Looks freaking amazing, keep up the good work, cant wait to fly them!!!

• Like 1

Great news!

And very nice work on the M134!

However, my question about the version was more "for the first release" lol

Will it be only one model or all the MH-60 versions that you will release?

Right now our focus is getting this bird ingame, flight model tested and tweaked, bugs adressed. After the main airframe is ingame, its nothing getting the M and DAP components finished. Its the cockpits that take forever to tex. Also have our full lineup of missiles to do, and custom sound suite including made from scratch m134 sounds. So we will see whats for day one release

Hey warlord, how many troops will the MH-60 be able to hold? Sorry if its already been answered.

Should be able to get the full 11 with 4 or 6 FFV "feet hanging" door posistions.