warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Thanks guys, glad to see there is still lots of love for the littlebird

How to not love Littlebirds, this is one of most sensuous chopers in spite of age :D

Many thanks for your hard work guys!

Edited by JacD

any special operations variants like mh-60, mh-6, mh-47 are cooler than its vanilla version i think :)

this mod would contain everything i've needed for playing arma3 for long long time.

omg, how can i wait to release? :D

Haven't heard anything from anybody except abates56?

Don't worry. SOAS is still up and running.

Haven't heard anything from anybody except abates56?

you make it sound like a bad thing :/

In all seriousness they're all kicking just dealing with life, you'll find we rotate in activity :P

Ive got several posts a couple pages back trying to keep everyone informed :j:

I've been following every single one, the post just went dead for a couple of days.

Oh ok, good. @swissMAG yeah I was worried a for a sec!
I've been following every single one, the post just went dead for a couple of days.

I guess I don't count :(

@abates56 I'm very excited to fly your little birds, I didn't mean to be rude at all

@abates56 I'm very excited to fly your little birds, I didn't mean to be rude at all

All is fine bates knows hes loved :p

Looking good guys!

Just seeing your work now and I really look forward to flying crashing them

Edited by Khaki

bamse i did see that he doesnt set dates but goals i just cant wait.

I hope this was not asked already, will the helicopters be able to make rough landings without the engine being destroyed? I was watching a

on the Night Stalkers and they talked a lot about how the MH60's are designed.
  • Like 1

The helos will be tough. Mission success and survivability are key to special operations aviation and will be very important regarding ingame feature designs

The helos will be tough. Mission success and survivability are key to special operations aviation and will be very important regarding ingame feature designs

awesome to hear WarLord, I have resorted to making some vehicles in our groups missions invincible just so a tiny fence doesn't destroy a pick up truck, or sneezing while in flight doesn't cause a helo to explode lol. Especially with the lack of vehicle repair in ACE right now.

Looking forward to more updates ! Keep up the great work !

Wow. These look slick. "Fully working visible turbine engines"

Wow. These look slick. "Fully working visible turbine engines"

Maybe on a Chinook or littlebird, shouldn't be able to see it on a blackhawk with either HIRSS or the UES at all (You can't even see it when you mash your face to the top of the UES, much less from what would be 3rd person, and the HIRSS baffles completely block the engine). It would be a waste of resources on the hawk.

wo-ah this website has changed since I've been gone.

Anyway I have been knee deep in college work and getting a internship for 3D Art and Animation (Finally got one!) so as or should I say 'SOAS' of late work has been limited on the Littlebird.

As one of my college assessments is a small title sequence I decided to put the Littlebird to use, and as such I have begun to work on it again. I have started the... 'inspiring' process of unwrapping the air frame (I am going to be doing it bit by bit) so if you want to follow my progress check it out on my profile here (feel free to check the animation I am making with it on that link as well!) and if you want a nice gallery of what I have done then look here from there you can pretty much see all my 3D Art work that I put up. Both of those tend to get updated pretty regularly and it's a nice way to keep track any Littlebird progress if I don't post it here.

More to the point I will be texturing the littlebird over the next few weeks, it may be more of a basic to intermediate detail pass depending on the schedule length, and what not, but the main thing is it's being worked on and currently in what I find personally to be the most annoyingly fun process. 

In the wise words of Sylvester Stallone in the film Die Hard "I'll be back" ( ;) if you took that quote seriously we have to talk...) 

Well finally got my comp back up and running after a hdd failure. Be back on the hawks asap. And yeah bates this is my first time on the forums in a long while. This new forum is nuts lol