warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

We continue to work hard atleast weekly. Real life stuff keeps us busy, but make no mistake about it, they are coming..... ;)

We continue to work hard atleast weekly. Real life stuff keeps us busy, but make no mistake about it, they are coming..... ;)

This is always a good thingh to hear! I think that will be more than amazing. Don't know if it was already asked, but: will you release with a kind of "templete" for the skins?

Yes i dont see why not

Hey WarLord, been following this project for a while now, and I would like to say great job! I know that you are guys are already caught up with the current choppers and that it is mainly focused on 160th SOAR, but I was wondering if you guys were thinking about making a CH-53E Super Stallion in the future. Thanks.

Hey WarLord, been following this project for a while now, and I would like to say great job! I know that you are guys are already caught up with the current choppers and that it is mainly focused on 160th SOAR, but I was wondering if you guys were thinking about making a CH-53E Super Stallion in the future. Thanks.

Why build an E when you can build a K?

;)

We have discussed various other aircraft however full current focus is on these atm. Our main focus has been Special Operations Aircraft, so if we do one, it will most likely be a MH53 Pave Low or maybe a "modernized" version. But as bates stated anything made will be the latest models. (With the exception of the SOAR birds which contain L and M) . But who knows, whatever our crew wants to do we will do it :) no promises but anything is possible ;)

Oh yes please, I'm so eager to see a MH53-M Pave Low IV!!!

Really nice work guys, really interested to use this stuff in the future, keep up the good work.

Why build an E when you can build a K?

;)

Because he didn't oK it

be dum tisk

I had no idea a MH-53 King Stallion existed, haha! Well, I look forward to enjoying the 160th SOAR helicopters!

OOOOOMG!!!!! :yay: :yay: Make it please!!! I love the Mh-53 with M-134 on side. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE :cool: !!!! However nice to add the template to the mod. Thanks!

Because he didn't oK it

be dum tisk

is this... oK ?

In all seriousness until a time that it is rendered (pardon the pun) appropriate this is the last bunch screenshots I will post of it here as I feel it is rude.

You may PM me however if you would like to see progress.

Modernized Pave Low would be EPIC.

But on topic, glad to hear progress is being made. Having a template for skins would be awesome.

Just wondering any idea on Alpha Release date, sorry if you already have or haven't posted one.

Hey, guys,

Just came across this thread, first comment. Looks fantastic to me, i love the black-hawks and i am excited to fly them when it comes out. I've been flying black hawks since the days of Joint Operations Tycoon Rising, so i have a special soft spot for Black Hawks.

Two questions :

- Will all helicopters be outfitted with CORRECT navigation and general warning lights ?

- Will the helicopter have interior night lights, such as red or green interior lights that can be activated manually during night operations.

Thanks, guys, subscribed to thread !

The new Hawk models (current pics on first page) are in full blown texture/mat mode as we speak. I will keep you guys updated with WIP pics as we test them.

@Rabbit403

I have several really cool ideas for navigation and instrument lighting, so we will test and see what we come up with. As far as warning lights that will be another area we will test and attempt to reproduce, especially the RWR incoming missile warning system regarding direction of threat, and automated or manual countermeasures(Flare, Chaff, Electronic Jammers). These helos have very sophisticated countermeasures and avionics, so we will do our best to push the engine limits to reproduce as much as possible. Another one I really want to incorporate is the terrain following radar (functional) in both HUD and on dash screen. We will see ;)

All helos will incorporate tactical cabin lighting, which can be turned on/off. (Red) May run some additional lighting inside the 47G, again, we will see.

We do not have an official date for release. But trust me no one is more restless to fly these ladies as we are. I like to set goals, not dates. Quality and attention to detail take time

We all at SOAS appreciate you guys sticking with us throughout development, it makes the long nights worth while :)

The new Hawk models (current pics on first page) are in full blown texture/mat mode as we speak. I will keep you guys updated with WIP pics as we test them.

@Rabbit403

I have several really cool ideas for navigation and instrument lighting, so we will test and see what we come up with. As far as warning lights that will be another area we will test and attempt to reproduce, especially the RWR incoming missile warning system regarding direction of threat, and automated or manual countermeasures(Flare, Chaff, Electronic Jammers). These helos have very sophisticated countermeasures and avionics, so we will do our best to push the engine limits to reproduce as much as possible. Another one I really want to incorporate is the terrain following radar (functional) in both HUD and on dash screen. We will see ;)

All helos will incorporate tactical cabin lighting, which can be turned on/off. (Red) May run some additional lighting inside the 47G, again, we will see.

We do not have an official date for release. But trust me no one is more restless to fly these ladies as we are. I like to set goals, not dates. Quality and attention to detail take time

We all at SOAS appreciate you guys sticking with us throughout development, it makes the long nights worth while :)

http://i.imgur.com/oC0Gq.gif (1928 kB)

Fantastic ! I forgot to ask another question, will you incorporate a search-light/spotlight on the helicopter that both operators ( pilot and co-pilot) can control manually ? This was done possible with hellcat, the co-pilot can look and guide the light around for as long the pilot turns on the light. This would be an advantage when illuminating up areas.

If you want to be adventurous in regards to interior lighting, then depending on how your UV's are set up, you may be able to bake the lighting into the texture and then when the light is turned on swap the rvmats out.

The only drawback visually would be A people inside aren't lit (unless you place an ingame light there at a dim setting to add to the illusion) and if turned on during daylight hours whatever lighting the interior has may either be washed out or show up when it shouldn't.

Flip side to that is that you would be giving the illusion of a lit but also shaded interior with shadows and what have you.

In regards to the map, something similar to what Franze did with our TSD might work for you. Performance demand is FAR less than any form of PIP camera's could be, not to mention there is no visibility issues or otherwise, you can resize it, and of course it tracks and rotates with your position. I believe it was done by arrays...you'd have to ask him for more specifics.

Edited by NodUnit

http://i.imgur.com/oC0Gq.gif (1928 kB)

Fantastic ! I forgot to ask another question, will you incorporate a search-light/spotlight on the helicopter that both operators ( pilot and co-pilot) can control manually ? This was done possible with hellcat, the co-pilot can look and guide the light around for as long the pilot turns on the light. This would be an advantage when illuminating up areas.

It will have "landing lights" on its belly. But not an actual search light. Most likely will be put on the mh60 usaf pavehawks though

:yay: Can't wait to see those!!

Oh my god... i'm speechless! Do you know when you will be releasing them?

Oh my god... i'm speechless! Do you know when you will be releasing them?

:j: x1000

I like to set goals, not dates. Quality and attention to detail take time

---

Can't wait guys!

alex: There's an answer the release date like three-four posts up.