warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Awesome to see someone working on the SOC-R! Any plans to also make the RHIB? Thanks for your continued work.

Well I will assume you haven't been with us since the start of the project. No worries.

Hi Warlord. Thanks for reply. As you say, I not follow since start. However thanks for reply to me. Very nice what I read. Too beautiful to be true :cool: !!!! However I try to suggest an idea (pleasedon't kill me if was already posted!): what u think about a (fictionl I guess) Surveillance Blackhawk? I mean: in the "Green ZOne (film of 2013) there is a Blackhawk with a laser targeting or somethingh like under the nose and in the cargo, some crews with computer for air surveillance. It will be possible to add a feature like this in a "blank UH-60 surveillance"? I think taht can be implemented a kind of radar or somethingh like tha works in the same way of the Arma2 E-2 Hawkeye from unsung mod. Once activated, this radar gives info about wheater and enemy around him. It will be possibile or just because in the SOAR this unit not exist u don't think to make it? Bye and sorry for post a uncorrected thingh!

No plans for it right now. But after full release (all three helo classes) ill gladly look into it

Hi Warlord. Thanks for reply. As you say, I not follow since start. However thanks for reply to me. Very nice what I read. Too beautiful to be true :cool: !!!! However I try to suggest an idea (pleasedon't kill me if was already posted!): what u think about a (fictionl I guess) Surveillance Blackhawk? I mean: in the "Green ZOne (film of 2013) there is a Blackhawk with a laser targeting or somethingh like under the nose and in the cargo, some crews with computer for air surveillance. It will be possible to add a feature like this in a "blank UH-60 surveillance"? I think taht can be implemented a kind of radar or somethingh like tha works in the same way of the Arma2 E-2 Hawkeye from unsung mod. Once activated, this radar gives info about wheater and enemy around him. It will be possibile or just because in the SOAR this unit not exist u don't think to make it? Bye and sorry for post a uncorrected thingh!

The only thing that I know of that fits that description was the EH-60 with STOAS, it never made it to widespread use (let alone production) to my knowledge.

http://www.thaifighterclub.org/images/answer2013/A01160255131116100927.gif

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4xLi6KmWWQA/S523-d_zb8I/AAAAAAAAAl0/n96Cm3Z7m7s/s800/10655.jpg

I never heard about it. However I suggest this cause I see it in "Green Zone" movie and thought that was interesting a thingh like this :)

I never heard about it. However I suggest this cause I see it in "Green Zone" movie and thought that was interesting a thingh like this :)

It's called C3 (Command, Communications and Control). Also C2 (Command and Control)

Yeah, those are actually UH-60Ls from a VIP company. They still haven't been able to upgrade the C2 mod to support the new Mike model yet apparently.

I just want to say this again, you guys are my heroes for making this mod. These were my favorite aircraft to work with. I can't wait to fly one of them in game. Good luck guys.

Good grief this addon sounds amazing Warlord, pretty much everything I would have ever wanted from a helo pack. Sounds like a ton of work so not sure how far off the first release but wish your group the best of luck with it. I am definitely going to follow this mods development. Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed status update on this !!!!

this stands to be the single most impressive expansion for the game-to-date!!! My uncle was with the 160th from it's inception and 10 yrs afterward, He is impressed with the accuracy of your intel on the modelling and if he's impressed = I'm mega stoked!! Everyone should anxiously await this one!!!!!

this stands to be the single most impressive expansion for the game-to-date!!! My uncle was with the 160th from it's inception and 10 yrs afterward, He is impressed with the accuracy of your intel on the modelling and if he's impressed = I'm mega stoked!! Everyone should anxiously await this one!!!!!

That's awesome , and I am very glad he approves of our current progress :D

BTW, do you have actual (former or still in duty) pilots or crewmen of the army in your team?

No pilots or crewman. Ive fired a few shots from a MH6 though ;)

Little bit off-topic but check this out (from 1.00)

And the second one (from 0.40)

I love the entry scene in the first one. Im just waiting for the SOC guys to release their BDU and you your MH6 to see how fesable it would be in arma 3.

No pilots or crewman. Ive fired a few shots from a MH6 though ;)

And needless to say, you have done more than me man, I was just a lowly Company FSNCO in Afghan so it may seem like I don't respect the work you did man, but I do, I'm just... well me.

Edited by EricJ

There are no small jobs in the military. Everyone plays a role and makes sacrifices. In the end, we are all brothers

I love the entry scene in the first one. Im just waiting for the SOC guys to release their BDU and you your MH6 to see how fesable it would be in arma 3.

But for a guy who represents the Corps, dismounting from a MH-6 is.... weird :p

Haha no worries. Id like to do some SOC variants of usmc helos down the road. But the team is balls deep in soar development right now

Haha no worries. Id like to do some SOC variants of usmc helos down the road. But the team is balls deep in soar development right now

Am I hearing "maybe a Pave Low later", or do I have ear problems?

:P