warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Good evening Gents. Here is the first version of the M230 we will be using on our DAP.

Now just keep in mind you all are seeing this before the rest of the SOAS guys gets to see it ;)

th_buldozer2014-11-3016-21-55-05.jpg

Just watched Black Hawk Down and Lone Survivor again, and it makes me wanna these choppers so bad!

Hey guys, just stopping by to wish y'all a happy Christmas/Channukkah/Kwanzaa/New Year/Etc. You guys rock!

Happy holidays from all us at SOAS. Please be safe out there :) I also want to give a shout to all my fellow vets that have to pound boots and cant be with their families, you guys are always on my mind

We would also like to extend a warm welcome to abates56, who has joined our team and will help expedite the Littlebirds development, which means we have a major jump on them and earlier release.

As always we really do appreciate the community for help, support, and good laughs :)

SOAS

Keep up the great work guys!

BTW, no new pic nor video for Christmas or new year? ;)

initial animation test, along with testing base tail/hull materials. thought I'd share the first ingame images with you guys.

*Note that the lighting with the ingame camera sucks, and most of the bird doesn't have tex/rvmat*

http://i.gyazo.com/336460131f74774671aaf6d6751f71b0.png

http://i.gyazo.com/ad373a51ae2f65554a7f9c4302d1dcdb.png

http://i.gyazo.com/f406553ab9805ba3d0abe4a376d1d75c.png

Good evening Gents. Here is the first version of the M230 we will be using on our DAP.

Now just keep in mind you all are seeing this before the rest of the SOAS guys gets to see it ;)

/MH60/th_buldozer2014-11-3016-21-55-05.jpg[/url][/url]

(Heavy Breathing)

This is not correct, bates. :p

Since the AH-6I is the export version by boeing, it wouldnt fit the focus.

But dont worry. We will go with the A/MH-6M Block 3.0 CAAS update. This will have two Rockwell Collins MFD-268C3 installed and additional MFD for additional space.

This is not correct, bates. :p

Since the AH-6I is the export version by boeing, it wouldnt fit the focus.

But dont worry. We will go with the A/MH-6M Block 3.0 CAAS update. This will have two Rockwell Collins MFD-268C3 installed and additional MFD for additional space.

My bad I thought I read j, it was like 4 am when I replied haha.

Yeah no, Swiss is correct.

Ah ok. That makes more sense. During the research phase for the MELB mod we came across a couple of concept pictures/drawings of that new cockpit, nothing more than that. My guess is that we won't hear or see anything new about it for at least a few years, but i can be completely wrong :D With that in mind we decided to stick to what we know for sure is being used currently and left the new cockpit design for a future update, if more info found its way to the public eye.

Now since you guys are focusing on the new cockpit i feel better about sticking to the current one, this will make both mods more unique.

I'm looking forward to seeing those big screens in such a small cockpit :D

Ah ok. That makes more sense. During the research phase for the MELB mod we came across a couple of concept pictures/drawings of that new cockpit, nothing more than that. My guess is that we won't hear or see anything new about it for at least a few years, but i can be completely wrong :D With that in mind we decided to stick to what we know for sure is being used currently and left the new cockpit design for a future update, if more info found its way to the public eye.

Now since you guys are focusing on the new cockpit i feel better about sticking to the current one, this will make both mods more unique.

I'm looking forward to seeing those big screens in such a small cockpit :D

Yeah that's for sure, honestly, glad the new ones have a glass cockpit, ease of modeling :P , easier to build across the board of the SOAR birds.

Edited by abates56

Marital Aids? Is that what they call collimated sights on a HUD, now?

Will the Chinook be able to be boarded via a ladder system, akin to pictured?

http://i.imgur.com/UESTuWw.jpg (528 kB)

Edited by Subscyed