warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

The -60S is/will have a daytime/night time HUD in the form of a monocle. I believe the test squadrons have them but I don't think it's been fielded quite yet, or if it has, it's very new, but they're out there. It's supposed to couple with the 20mm gun the -60S is getting, as well. I'm actually tangentially working on trying to potentially get it on the a couple of -60Rs as well (with no gun), but it's a slow process.

now that would be cool. We have spent many long nights researching exact SOAR features, but as many with military experience know they are a highly classified unit technology wise. The exact HMD method of operation for the new Mike generation SOAR birds hasn't really been explained, I assume its much like the new F35 HMDs. We will take this into account when making our next generation Pilot/Crew gear though. These birds are coming together nicely, and you guys are going to love the end result

now that would be cool. We have spent many long nights researching exact SOAR features, but as many with military experience know they are a highly classified unit technology wise. The exact HMD method of operation for the new Mike generation SOAR birds hasn't really been explained, I assume its much like the new F35 HMDs. We will take this into account when making our next generation Pilot/Crew gear though. These birds are coming together nicely, and you guys are going to love the end result

I figure if conventional, active-component Navy aircraft have a day/night monocle that cues a 20mm cannon coming shortly, the SOAR guys have probably already looked at it and perhaps are working with it. Or maybe I'm giving them more credit, but I know their budget is certainly more "robust."

I cant wait to get my hands on these things, the fact that you are putting so much detail into something like the HMD to have it as accurate as possible shows how much effort you are putting in this. Id like to say thank you in advance for making theses glorious Aircraft. Also are you planning on including your own AFM to these or borrowing the default BI ones. And i know we aren't suppose to ask, but do you have any kind of ETA you can tease us with?.

Well thank you. We are working extremly hard on detail, immersion, and realism. We will not use default anything on these birds, our flight model will be aggresivly tested and tweaked on all aircraft. And no we do not have a release date, we are in no rush to cut corners. Inturn this will result in the highest possibly quality, and playability for you guys

Your Welcome, and im happy to hear about the AFM im getting to grips with the vanilla ones atm, as much as im enjoying it, i just hate the vanilla Helos. I will continue to eagerly await release.

Like OFrP: I prefer wait a little bit and play with a top notch addon / mod rather than have a bugged one.

@Warlord:

concerning the BH, you have the MH-60L, MH-60M, but what happened to the "K" version?

concerning the BH, you have the MH-60L, MH-60M, but what happened to the "K" version?

In all the talks the SOAS Members had, the MH-60K was never discussed. While it would only need a small update on the outside, the work for the cockpit would be a bit more time intensive.

I'm speaking here for myself, but I see the Kilo maybe (!)0 after the A/MH-6M and MH47G is released.

Like OFrP: I prefer wait a little bit and play with a top notch addon / mod rather than have a bugged one.

@Warlord:

The Mike happened. The Lima has its role and the Mike took over the Kilo's.

Yeah the Mike replaces the K very nicely. And besides the L cockpit, our Lima features a lot of Kilo components already (sensors, MMR, countermeasures, avionics, ext fuel tanks, etc) As Mag stated we could easily make a Kilo after release, since we will have all the components, but Booce put it well. The Lima will serve nicely, and the Mike will take us into next gen mission survivability. This will also be the reason that our A/MH Littlebirds will be the Mike (MILB), and the MH47G will have the latest upgrades as well.

So, I bet you will use the DLC features such as FFV or slingload.

But will you release a showcase mission along with the mod?

Really looking forward to this mod guys. Great work. I have a quick question though, will you be releasing each bird once it's finished? Or wait until you have all the birds together for a full finished product? Thanks!

So, I bet you will use the DLC features such as FFV or slingload.

But will you release a showcase mission along with the mod?

yes all helos will utilize DLC features such as FFV and slingload. But, I want non DLC owners to have as much fun with them too, so we will decide the best way to do that

Current FFV Thoughts

- LittleBird Benches

- Blackhawk custom cargo positions "feet hanging" door positions (This variant will have perm open cargo doors)

- MH47G Ramp Cargo positions

Each vehicle will have slingloading, and will be as accurate as possible as far as weight capabilities. The newest Mike upgrades include better engines, so this will translate into better thrust, and heavier slingloading.

We will release some sort of showcase mission for them, but that will come last

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Really looking forward to this mod guys. Great work. I have a quick question though, will you be releasing each bird once it's finished? Or wait until you have all the birds together for a full finished product? Thanks!

Well we haven't quite decided, however, each set will be separate pbos, and will center around our "core" pbo. So we will discuss this and maybe be able to release each set one by one. swissMAG is already working hard on our mess of configs. It would make no sense to let the finished birds just sit and wait until the others are done :)

As always we appreciate the ongoing support and feedback. Thanks guys

SOAS

Edited by WarLord554

The FFV and Slingload features are in the game regardless of whether you bought the DLC or not. The Helicopters are what you paid for actually. So all users will enjoy the features you put in.

yes all helos will utilize DLC features such as FFV and slingload. But, I want non DLC owners to have as much fun with them too, so we will decide the best way to do that

Current FFV Thoughts

- LittleBird Benches

- Blackhawk custom cargo positions "feet hanging" door positions (This variant will have perm open cargo doors)

- MH47G Ramp Cargo positions

Food for thought...I say this not fully understanding how the FFV positions work in-game, but could you have a firing position inside the -60 for a precision gunner? I've always had gunners use a cord/line across the door for stabilization so they end up having to sit farther inside to get behind it properly. Might be a good addition to the "in-door" FFV position, which is still a great idea.

Gator I had came up with various concepts for precision gunner variant. The FFV may cancel its needed use, we will see. If we do it then it will be a dedicated, sniper helo. Id like to take it further and apply the RopeX to the actual support strap, giving it fluid movement animations ingame. But as stated numerous times, we will test and apply as much as possible in hopes to raise the bar

buldozer%202014-08-29%2000-38-20-86_zps67v89qwi.jpg

Edited by WarLord554

I personaly used to sit inside the doorway when our UH-1H was "empty", i used a regular downhill shooting position. My regular shooter preferred to use his Backpack as Supporting Platform.

Since the Mod will be splitted up into different PBO, the choppers can be released one after another and can be updated individualy.

There will be the following pbo's:

• SOAS_Core.pbo (Allways required)
  • SOAS_Weapons.pbo (Allways required)
  • SOAS_MH60.pbo (Priority! Will contain all Blackhawk variants)
  • SOAS_MH6.pbo (After the MH60! Will contain all Littlebird variants)
  • SOAS_MH47.pbo (No Timeframe! Will contain all Chinook variants)

So first release will most likely just include the first three listed pbo's.

The Mike happened. The Lima has its role and the Mike took over the Kilo's.

What role would that be, if I may ask? Just more cost effective to keep the Lima's around or is there a mission/technical reason behind it?

Thank you

Best regards

Edited by swissMAG
Curious about b00ce's comment. :)

Gator I had came up with various concepts for precision gunner variant. The FFV may cancel its needed use, we will see. If we do it then it will be a dedicated, sniper helo. Id like to take it further and apply the RopeX to the actual support strap, giving it fluid movement animations ingame. But as stated numerous times, we will test and apply as much as possible in hopes to raise the bar

Neat! Looking forward to them!

What role would that be, if I may ask? Just more cost effective to keep the Lima's around or is there a mission/technical reason behind it?

Thank you

Best regards

Usually the Lima model is the DAP, that being said, I wouldn't doubt the Mike taking over this role as well however. I can't speak for any 160th TTPs or MTOEs but what I do know is that even my HH-60M (Medevac) has a "WPN REL" button on the cyclic.

Usually the Lima model is the DAP, that being said, I wouldn't doubt the Mike taking over this role as well however. I can't speak for any 160th TTPs or MTOEs but what I do know is that even my HH-60M (Medevac) has a "WPN REL" button on the cyclic.

Thank you.

I assumed that your thoughts were focused on the DAP. Well, while they probably will continue to use the Lima DAP's, this document states, that Kilo and Lima airframes will go back to the DeMod facility in 2015 and will be stripped down for any SOF component (Page 11). Not sure if that document is still up to date and the strip could happen later. We'il see.

Nice picture :). Allways helpfull.

Have a good one.

That button always amuses me. We have one, as well, but to actually fire anything, you have to reach to the FLIR HCU and hit the RELEASE CONSENT to actually release/fire anything. In the -60B (and I think the F/H) that button was used to blow any CADs that were armed (hoist, RAST, cargo, etc).

Thanks to the developers by the effort and work committed to the creation of this addon and for sharing with us.

I am an admirer of the operations of the 160th SOAR, including also participate in a Brazilian group called 160th SOAR.

This MOD will addimmersion, simulation and fun to our work.

Equal to the others do not see the time in order to fly these birds!

Thanks again

Regards