warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Damn son that looks hella fine!

Sorry to say this though, but it is relevant, what do you do once firing from vehicles is implemented? Like maybe that would render that obsolete (not necessarily tho, and probably not) but I am just wondering

Haha Eric the piranhas are always hungry! Wander_6 I truely hope the community is patient(no on wants these birds more than us lol) we are all working hard to get them released. We will work at our own pace and quality will always be priority rather than quick releases :) subscyed the weapon pictured is one of my sr25 mod II's that will see release next year(I must release my ak pack and our team is full time on this project)

We will discuss exactly what weapons will be involved. But it's actually a strap holding the rifle placed, so it will most likely be a turret mounted weapon like the door guns, so you will only be able to "mount" the rifle, which is why it will most likely get it's own variant. We may give you the ability to equip different setups through the service menu. One of many features we will have to discuss and develop

@mike

I really hope BI renders it obsolete, however we all know how that goes. We also have no idea how they will implement fire from vehicles, so until we are positive this feature is useless, we will develop it accordingly :)

Edited by WarLord554

Lol yeah I always think of that scene in James Bond in You Only Live Twice when they drop that chick into the pool of piranhas = BI Forums. But anyway sounds good though, would have tried it with J-SERE but since they folded... oh well.

That seat is going to be supported by something connected to the ceiling... Right?

Those seat legs are hinged with ball joints at the floor and the seat...

Edited by b00ce

Haha eric now I have to watch that scene again!

The seat is a placeholder, just put it there for reference and animation ideas

Offtopic, for anyone who tried to PM me today I got emails saying my inbox was full. Sry I have cleaned it out :)

Edited by WarLord554

FWIW, I've never seen a rifle actually "wrapped" up by the strap for precision gunners. Instead, they push the rifle forward with the bipod under the strap and the rail resting on the strap. Maybe Army does it different, but figured I'd give the feedback based on what I've seen with SEALs and LEDET (SR-25s, EBRs, and M107s).

Regardless, a GREAT addition. Hopefully we'll see it "soon."

@SOAS The sniper on the bird looks really amazing. Something I was wondering about is, will the laser pointer on the sniper work like a normal weapon attachment? - press (light key) attachment turns on/off. Keep up the hard work this mod looks really good.

I just jizzed, nice work man...

Working hard on exterior diffuse maps

buldozer%202014-08-28%2003-13-13-13_zpsverhmhyi.jpg

buldozer%202014-08-28%2003-06-26-58_zps8dieg82m.jpg

Showcasing one of many M model upgrades

buldozer%202014-08-26%2000-43-15-32_zpsnl0met9g.jpg

IR lasers will be functional both on door guns and sniper weapons

Haha you guys have been great. We always get laughs and a little more motivated reading your comments. We feel the same way :) Just wait until you see her with full tex/rvmats!

We will do our best to give you too many texture options to choose from through the service menu. Everything from engine graphics(BHD), to desert and so on. Almost every component will be included in your camo choice, so if you choose "dusty" camo for example, everything from the rotor hub, tail, landing gear, even the interior will be dusty from deployment. Will also be able to just change tail numbers, for instance the famous "Southern Comfort" DAP, will include correct tail number and engine graphic. Will have numerous camo options including "dusty snow", etc. Even though these are US birds there will be completly unmarked textures so that all gamers from all nations can enjoy

On a side note, in case anyone is wondering, the 60L DAP will use the older “esss" wing setup and the 60M will use the updated "lass" wing setup

Yup whitewashed the ceiling

Seriously man I got better self control, matter of fact I'm trying not to shoot on the laptop :D Maybe when I find another clan they'd better have these fuckers. Or at the minimum the HH-60G and the CV-22, beautiful work...

My God!!!

BTW, will you make a Gothic Serpent model too?

Absolutely have it planned. However I need the communities help finding quality reference pics of the engine decals(topside above cargo doors) for the gothic serpent blackhawks

Quoted from yuropetrov before he left this project:

I started a Blackhawk Down Mod. It will have 8 MH-60L Blackhawks used by SOAR in Mogadishu, 1993. They will be with unique reallistic paints on engines and numbers on door windows. But i found paints only for 5 of them. It is super-six-1 named as "thunderstruck", super-six-2 named as "southern comfort", super-six-4 named as "venom", super-six-6 named as "guns slinger" and CSAR super-six-8 named as "Razors edge".

I've been in contact with him since this mod, I'll give him a shout. Thx for the info

No problem.

So, he's still alive?

Haven't heard from him or his work for quite a while now.

Looking extremely nice!!!!!

Great work!

"M" version is WIP.

See first post...

The stabilator shouldn't have ribs on the outboard portions, the inboard section needs them. The hand holes are more square too. The material the outboard parts of the stabilator feels like cheap plastic, composites are weird.