warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Great ^^

Really looking forward to this mod!

Any new picture maybe? :p

Thank you for the support. We have all been working hard. We will update the thread soon with fresh WIP

That sounds perfect ..thanks for response will be nice if there would be USAF ..PEDRO (PJ birds) btw if you would make the .50cals Birds ..you would be maybe the first guy/team who made Black hawk with .50s for ArmA

Well there is going to be 50cal sorta. in the way of the GAU-19 :oops:

Well there is going to be 50cal sorta. in the way of the GAU-19 :oops:

No M2s ? sad face :)

M2s are not mounted on HH-60 (USAF PJ Chopper) only M3P are mounted on usaf chopper now and i think that the soar have got some M3P know

My Uncle is 4 years retired from 20yrs with the 160th here in Ft. Campbell KY. and still to this day is working for a specialized civillian company with only a handful of ret. SOAR guys that is contracted to be maintenance and flight advisors for that unit only. He has no desire to get into any 'classified' information but talks pretty freely with me about tech specs, aircraft details and aircraft abilities. A source of information you will not find on any wiki or website. I will talk with him soon and share your WIP pics with him to cross-check authenticity and to attempt to get any inside info that can help you to make these helos the absolute most accurately produced as possible. If you have any certain specific questions that you would like to ask him plz PM them to me as soon as you get a chance to get with your dev team and round them up and I will bring back as many answers as I can. Shouldn't be too many 'off-limit' topics so fire away! Will have to test the waters about targeting systems and L.L Tech. But surely i can get enough out of him to fill your needs.

Thank You and your team for all your work on this mod, the 160th SOAR is a source of great pride for me and it thrills me to see how committed all you guys are! Keep up the great work and thank you for sticking to factual data as pertains to the Nightstalkers. I will be here to assist in anyway that you may need me to.

Edited by robowilso

Thank you for your support. We continue to improve the models in every aspect, also giving everything a full re texture. Stay tuned :)

These look really good so far and I can't wait to see a release, it is great to finally see some proper black hawks being made for ArmA 3.

WarLord and WaCkO dooing grat work, as allways.

Another_day_in_the_office_zps0b01b23d.jpg

I came. BRB.

I think I can safely say me and my mates await any form of release of this mod with a very bated breath.

The idea is really good, something unheard of before and its execution through the service menu makes it feasible to some extent.

However, one thing leaves me perplexed:

Will the doors, door guns, AGMs on the AH-9 et al be separate models so the service menu can replace them with eachother more easily (without requiring a full model change) or will they be part of the airframe's own model?

So far, I am (as well as my mates) very excited to see this mod come to fruition and hope the very best of luck to the authors.

I think I can safely say me and my mates await any form of release of this mod with a very bated breath.

The idea is really good, something unheard of before and its execution through the service menu makes it feasible to some extent.

However, one thing leaves me perplexed:

Will the doors, door guns, AGMs on the AH-9 et al be separate models so the service menu can replace them with eachother more easily (without requiring a full model change) or will they be part of the airframe's own model?

So far, I am (as well as my mates) very excited to see this mod come to fruition and hope the very best of luck to the authors.

Glad everyone is liking what they see so far. We have set the bar pretty high for ourselves with this addon. A lot of good ideas have been passed around that's for sure. If we can get them all to work it will be one heck of a heli. But to answer your question ALL the guns, missiles, missile pods everything that is going threw the service menu will be a model of its own. Pretty much you will have a plain heli with the option to load it up

Loved *-* ( will you guys consider not only making just Soar choppers, but some US transport choppers in general? like: Venom, or sea-hawk? these are some gorgeous choppers as well)

Loved *-* ( will you guys consider not only making just Soar choppers, but some US transport choppers in general? like: Venom, or sea-hawk? these are some gorgeous choppers as well)

I'd say these guys have their hands quite full on ensuring a AAA release of the huge projects already included. Check other threads I believe there are already artists and authors working on these things. And if not... Now could be YOUR shot! :D

Not pretty good with 3D modelling, waiting to have my pc back working to take few classes

Currently our focus lays on the mentioned choppers in the opening post. There are one/two additions which we will start working soon. But this will be anounced when its ready. Stay tuned.

Added the MH47G. We have all been working hard, many improvements you guys are going to love. Stay tuned ;)

Sounds really good! The MH47G will be a great feature for pilots :ok:

Edited by deltagamer

I can't wait either... and I'm working on it :cc:

Added the MH47G. We have all been working hard, many improvements you guys are going to love. Stay tuned ;)

Besides using your brand of service menu, how exactly will your MH-47G be different than Konyo's MH-47E in terms of functionality and features?

My two cents say it's probably something that can be left for later as the game severely lacks decent/capable light and medium helicopters.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited, though!

Man I can't wait. The model's are looking awesome!!!