warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

BTW, will there be fastrope integrated?

Or will do like konyo and use LIFTER mod to have fastrope?

BTW, will there be fastrope integrated?

Or will do like konyo and use LIFTER mod to have fastrope?

It's being developed, we will release more info on the many various features after further development. But rest assured, both the blackhawks and MH6 will be fastrope capable, whether or not its integrated, or relies on other mods is under review. I have talked with raven about integrating his LIFTER mod, however integrating our own wouldn't be hard as we've had positive support from many A2 helo community members already

Edited by WarLord554

Great, I prefer when an addon doesn't use any third part.

I don't deny his work on LIFTER, but if your birds can have it by default without need of any other mod, would be the best :)

I had the opportunity to be up close and personal with 160th while they were conducting some operations. Great group of guys but they always wore their damn headlamps around there necks everywhere they went. Weirdos.

Looking forward to it guys - great work team :), one question, will we have the ability to have a doorless (as in pilot doors) version? for example the ones you see in Blackhawk down flown by the 160th didnt have pilot dorrs, just I like the idea of it :)

I had the opportunity to be up close and personal with 160th while they were conducting some operations. Great group of guys but they always wore their damn headlamps around there necks everywhere they went. Weirdos.

Haha well when the uniforms are released, ill add a headlamp around the neck "Wilco" version. Just for you brother ;)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Looking forward to it guys - great work team :), one question, will we have the ability to have a doorless (as in pilot doors) version? for example the ones you see in Blackhawk down flown by the 160th didnt have pilot dorrs, just I like the idea of it :)

Yes you will be able to equip/take off the pilot doors through the service menu, along with the fuel probe, etc. I am also working on some various camo schemes for fun, I thought you guys might enjoy. Including desert tan, green, and various engine graphics like seen in BHD. All switchable from the service menu thanks to Saul and john spartan

Edited by WarLord554

Hello i like the progress of this Addon ..i would like to ask about the Black Hawk 1) its there any chance there would be Blackhawk with 50.cals for gunners ? (not sure what version of Blackhawk it is or if even 1st/160th have this blackhawk) 2) are you thinking about making custom animation for gunners ..that you can lean out of the "window" to see better at targets/under Blackhawk ...(if this would be in this addon i will love you for ever :D )

Only the USAF HH-60Gs to my knowledge mount the .50s for their PJ birds.

Any hints as to a initial release and what it will contain, or do we just assume that everything proposed will be in the initial release. Loving the models by the way.

@All

Thank you guys for your support. It makes the long nights work all worth it when we see the community as excited about these helos as we are. We continue to challenge and push each other on every detail, and the results are turning out amazing. :)

@BadboyCZ

Eric is correct. SOAR helos do not equip .50cals. The M134D has much better fire support capabilities suited for special operations. But have no worries. After the SOAR MOD we will look into USAF HH60s, since we will already have the base models anyways ;)

@hades198

We have kept alot of development under wraps until final decisions are made. Much of the front page is a good basic idea of our plans, but much is still under heavy development. I will list a few though:

- MH60L

- MH60M

- AH/MH6M

- MH60L/M DAP Complete with custom weapons systems including M230, GAU19, 2.75 Rocket Pods, AA/AT Missiles, etc

Fastroping (both mh 60 & mh 6), custom cargo seating, sounds including new m134, and helo engine/rotor, and so much more that is under .development. As we make progress we will absolutely keep the community updated

Here's a little teaser of the current Blackhawk CASS Cockpit

buldozer%202014-06-12%2010-40-08-78_zpsbfrhlbg8.jpg

Regards,

SOAR MOD Team

Lots of detail! :)

Are you thinking in making a medevac version of the Blackhawk at some point?

Lots of detail! :)

Are you thinking in making a medevac version of the Blackhawk at some point?

Well you could use any of the helos to medivac personnel, anything in particular your talking about?

Well you could use any of the helos to medivac personnel, anything in particular your talking about?

A marked & unarmed one, according to Geneva Conventions:

http://www.threedonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/taji-21-dec-06-143a.jpg (643 kB)

Article 36

Medical aircraft, that is to say, aircraft exclusively employed for the removal of wounded and sick and for the transport of medical personnel and equip- ment, shall not be attacked, but shall be respected by the belligerents, while flying at heights, times and on routes specifically agreed upon between the belligerents concerned.

They shall bear, clearly marked, the distinctive emblem prescribed in Article 38, together with their national colours, on their lower, upper and lateral sur- faces. They shall be provided with any other markings or means of identifica- tion that may be agreed upon between the belligerents upon the outbreak or during the course of hostilities.

Edited by MistyRonin

We've had no plans for a dedicated medical transport variant. I will run it by the team though, as it would be easy to remove the weapons and add markings

Does SOAR use the Kiowa Warrior? and if so do you also plan that on down the road?

Edited by Rages123

Gentlemen,

160th SOAR uses the A/MH-6 MH-60 and MH-47.

Since this pack is containing the assets of 1stBN, there will be only MH-6, AH-6 and MH-60 in this package.

IF we decide to start on another assets package, we will either rename this topic to the correct one or open up a new one.

I would like to ask to keep this topic clean of questions for other units and airframes, especially if its the only asking that one question.

Thank you.

@BadboyCZ

Eric is correct. SOAR helos do not equip .50cals. The M134D has much better fire support capabilities suited for special operations. But have no worries. After the SOAR MOD we will look into USAF HH60s, since we will already have the base models anyways ;)

That sounds perfect ..thanks for response will be nice if there would be USAF ..PEDRO (PJ birds) btw if you would make the .50cals Birds ..you would be maybe the first guy/team who made Black hawk with .50s for ArmA

Edited by BadboyCZ

Gentlemen,

160th SOAR uses the A/MH-6 MH-60 and MH-47.

Since this pack is containing the assets of 1stBN, there will be only MH-6, AH-6 and MH-60 in this package.

Thank you.

That's only what I need :-)

This is looking great! Though I would wonder about how much detail and time you are going to put into the fastroping, bear in mind that fastroping and slingloading will come with the Heli-DLC. It'd be horrible to put a load of effort into this aspect only to find out that the engine-integrated one is miles better.

Other than that, looks amazing, especially with the service menu customization :)

I was reading the thread again and I wondered:

what do you mean by "custom cargp seating"?

Meaning players hanging their feet over the sides, like ADukes A2 helos

Great ^^

Really looking forward to this mod!

Any new picture maybe? :p