konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I can only lift a Offroader with the Chinnok? no container, nothing ?!

Also curious. What can you actually lift with this baby? It'd be nice to see some kind of list of objects. As far as I recall the recently modernized Chinooks can even sling load dry Abrams MBTs with their turrets detached.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Yup, i can also just lift an ATV, no Hunters no trucks - the cargo boxes show up in the slingload HUD though, but I need to drag them over ground until I reached about 100km/h, which will give me enough uplift :-D

But otherwise great mod and keep up the good work!

Yup, i can also just lift an ATV, no Hunters no trucks - the cargo boxes show up in the slingload HUD though, but I need to drag them over ground until I reached about 100km/h, which will give me enough uplift :-D

But otherwise great mod and keep up the good work!

Probably this will fix the issue:

slingLoadMemoryPoint = "SlingLoad";

slingLoadMaxCargoMass = 12000;

liftForceCoef = 2.5;

the last value seems to be the one giving to choppers the strenght to lift heavy cargos, since actually my CH47 seems stronger than a "CH Huron"

I made quick test and with those value my CH47 was able to sling US MRAPs and even the small container with no problems, while the Huron was not able to lift the small container.

This MH47 is just GREAT Konio ;) !!!

Regards ;)

massi

every time we exit the chopper we go through the roof and break the rotors, do you know this bug??

every time we exit the chopper we go through the roof and break the rotors, do you know this bug??

We was having the same problem some time back...

First we would like to thank you for the great work, but..

We're having a major problem with this otherwise beautiful and cool chinook-mod.

When a passenger is walking around inside the chopper with the engines going, it more often than not ruins the MROT.

konyo_MH-47E_v1.1_ArmA3

These video is trying to demonstrate the problem.

From the pilot side :

From the crew side :

Hope it helps.. and keep up the good work..

We was having the same problem some time back...

Yea this problem was reported few times,my comunity stoped using helicopter for now,because when we are dismounting it always breaks rotors, Konyo pls if you can fix it love to fly chinook but they are not letting me :(

My community has also stopped using it due to this problem, please fix it! We need this chopper back!

Guys, the above issue is hard to fix at the moment because I physically cant re-create what's happening in video's above.

I'm guessing its when using the 'Hardcore' version only? Does this breaking bug only take effect when playing in multiplayer only? Or in singleplayer too?

I tried re-creating it using the 'Advanced Flight Model' with AI in the chopper keeping it at idle & myself walking around inside to try and break it.

From the video, it looks like it only breaks when you walk around the rear of the helicopter (near the engines). I got a rough idea what's causing it but without re-creating it myself I cant attempt to fix it.

We test it in multiplayer only, because we only want to use it for that

we will try again and come back with an answer when we know more ..

Chopper explodes on dedicated when you try to slingload any vehicle. On single its ok but I dont play singleplayer. Can you look into this issue?

Probably this will fix the issue:

slingLoadMemoryPoint = "SlingLoad";

slingLoadMaxCargoMass = 12000;

liftForceCoef = 2.5;

the last value seems to be the one giving to choppers the strenght to lift heavy cargos, since actually my CH47 seems stronger than a "CH Huron"

I made quick test and with those value my CH47 was able to sling US MRAPs and even the small container with no problems, while the Huron was not able to lift the small container.

This MH47 is just GREAT Konio ;) !!!

Regards ;)

massi

where do i need to put this down? I mean in which file??

where do i need to put this down? I mean in which file??

well remember you'll be modifying the addon ...

*cough*

Any unauthorised use or editing of this Addon is against the EULA & is NOT allowed.

*cough*

Any unauthorised use or editing of this Addon is against the EULA & is NOT allowed.

That's why i am asking^^

but atm the chinook can't even lift a Fennek or a hunter. that is rly annoying..

*cough*

As long as you keep the original addon in tact and just provide a replacement config in a seperate pbo, which changes those config values, there is nothing wrong with it.

Same applies for ASDG Attachments configs, CSE modifications, AGM Compatibility patches etc.

But of course, Konyo could provide the fix himself ;-)

That's why i am asking^^

but atm the chinook can't even lift a Fennek or a hunter. that is rly annoying..

For the record, MRAPs and Fenneks cannot be slingloaded in real life. They are way too heavy.

For the record, MRAPs and Fenneks cannot be slingloaded in real life. They are way too heavy.

The Mh47E can load up to 13tonnes, the MRAP has a weight of 11tones and the fennek a weight of 10tonnes, but the mh47e can atm only load up to 6 tonnes

The Mh47E can load up to 13tonnes

The cargo hooks on F-model Chinooks are only rated to 26,000lb (10.5 ton) external loads. On earlier versions it was only 20,000lbs (9 ton) IIRC.

The cargo hooks on F-model Chinooks are only rated to 26,000lb (10.5 ton) external loads. On earlier versions it was only 20,000lbs (9 ton) IIRC.

And that's just the CH-47F, the MH-47E is basically a CH-47C upgrade loaded down with all the extra crap they use which would be taking a bite out of the fuel and sling capacity.

Boeing is claiming 11.3 ton on the usable load on the -47G which is after 'cargo upgrades' and new engines are installed.

Just a note here. Any of the "Fat Tank versions" you can remove between 4000-6000lbs from external loading dependent on fuel states. The "Special" purpose or long-range versions (eg MH47E, Chinook HC3A etc), rule of thumb is half the external load. That gives you the safety margins needed for all regimes of operation.

Source is notes i took during deployment briefings in 1995, 2001 and 2003. Commonly only the standard C,D and F versions with the smaller sponsons are used for heavy lifting.

There is a interesting bit in the 1.38 change notes:

Fixed: Player ejected into the air when starting movement after a get out animation is initiated

I wonder if that means we can now safely use the MH-47 without fear of getting its rotor wrecked by disembarking passengers?

can you add this in your mod config on next update ?

AGM_FastRoping = 1; 
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{ 2.1,6.7,0.3 },{ 0.05,-6.1,-0.20 }}; 

for agm fastropping support?

one point to the back door and one on side crane.

Edited by dragonsyr

Hello everyone! :D

Sorry about my in-activity recently.. I've been away from the ArmA community and modding for a little time now, but I'm returning to finish my work on the MH-47E Chinook for ArmA3 ;)

I'm going to cut straight to the point here with the Chinook and it's progress. As it stands right now the Chinook currently has Firing From Vehicles setup on both 'Ramp Positions' on the 'Fixed Ramp' version only. There's no point in adding them to any other version of the Chinook other than the 'Fixed Ramp' version as you wont get a clear shot out the back of the Chinook. Plus you might accidently shoot one of your team players from down the front of the Chinook & no one want's that to happen :p

The Chinook also has RotorLib setup.... but don't get too excited because it's not setup properly, it's very sluggish and slow & generally doesn't fly like a Chinook should do :( Therefore it needs a lot of work.

If anyone out there knows how to edit the RotorLib setup file and you fancy lending me a hand then please get in contact with me. Thank you :)

I'm also planning a BAF version, I have been for a little while now as most of you all know. I'm just awaiting the textures and then it will be release to you all.

Hopefully that should be too long. Hopefully :rolleyes:

That's pretty much the plan of action at the moment, once those above issue's have been smoothed out I will release another stable update :cool:

Also I've created a Facebook Page. Please give me a 'Like' as I'll be posting new updates there more regularly.

https://www.facebook.com/konyo.webs

Regards,

konyo :D

----------------

There is a interesting bit in the 1.38 change notes:

I wonder if that means we can now safely use the MH-47 without fear of getting its rotor wrecked by disembarking passengers?

Hmm interesting..

I will have to check-up on this, although I could never get the "Bug" to work for myself :confused:

If anyone else can also confirm it has been fixed, that would be great! Thank you.

can you add this in your mod config on next update ?

AGM_FastRoping = 1; 
AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{ 2.1,6.7,0.3 },{ 0.05,-6.1,-0.20 }}; 

for agm fastropping support?

one point to the back door and one on side crane.

Sure, will add this upon the next update :D

@konyo

can you make the getout option to get the player out of the heli (maybe out of the cargo door ??)and not in the fuselage, because create problems to Ai's (stuck in trying to get out) . Also create problem when you order transport unload . The heli leaves with the troops stuck inside the fuselage.

thanks