konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III

Bear in mind, Probe1, that folk like konyo do this entirely off their own back, in their own time. The fixes will come when konyo has time :)

Don't forgot to vote for the Chinook in Make ArmA Not War.

At 267 supports currently.. Let's make it to 300! :)

I wouldn't normally ask the obvious, but it's 4am so what the hell. Are you confident in your legal standing, entering this helicopter? I know many touched it before you got involved, and many evolved it to the point it was at when you took over. IIRC some modifications were eventually incorporated into your version, such as wld's gun setup? (I may be wrong on that, it's been a while) Have you actually tracked each person down and either included them as part of the team (with some sort of legal document pertaining to the distribution of prize money, if you win) or requested that they waive their rights to the addon/give you full permission/ownership/whatever it would be called?

Object of the Contest and Categories

The Object of this Contest is to create an original content modification to the PC game Arma 3; all that in compliance with the rules specified in each individual category.

By submitting Entry, each Participant: represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors; his/her participation in this Contest does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any rights of third parties, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity.

I'm getting weird AI not following waypoints path when using this (when I use base game helo's not happening).
Having this issue as well except for it's the AI refusing to follow the flyinHeight commands for waypoints unless the waypoint speed is set to limited.

The bird, with flyinHeight set to 20m (out over the ocean, not over terrain) and speed set to full or normal, climbs until it reaches the next waypoint in the chain and then spends 5 minutes trying to come down from 1300m to 20m.

This has been a common problem since back in the day of ArmA2.. Still, even to this day the cause of the problem is still likely unknown.

It's partly because of the walkable interior but if I remove that then it's sort of defeating the object. (As this AddOn is popular for it's walkable interior so without that it would be nothing.) Rest assured I'm still trying to find the solution to this problem.

We're very anxious for the next update. Could you give us a timetable for when the issues listed in this thread will be fixed? These Chinooks are in every sense of the word awesome, but damn, we can't use them to capacity without people ejected straight up into the main rotors! Or seeing gigantic people outside the rear ramp, well it might be good for halloween spooky missions but it's hell on regular ops.

I'm worried we won't be able to use these great assets at all without the fixes reaching us soon. The opportunity for disaster during regular operation of the vehicle is just too common. I'd love to hear that the patch is coming tomorrow, or the end of the week, or something soon, and I'd love to place my vote in the Make ArmA Not War contest. But right now, I'm worried its just too unstable to be deemed usable in normal operations.

Bear in mind, Probe1, that folk like konyo do this entirely off their own back, in their own time. The fixes will come when konyo has time :)

Don't worry Probe1, there is an update due out hopefully this week/early next which add's the ability to use BIS's Sling loading ability. The 'rotor beheading' should too be fixed.

I wouldn't normally ask the obvious, but it's 4am so what the hell. Are you confident in your legal standing, entering this helicopter? I know many touched it before you got involved, and many evolved it to the point it was at when you took over. IIRC some modifications were eventually incorporated into your version, such as wld's gun setup? (I may be wrong on that, it's been a while) Have you actually tracked each person down and either included them as part of the team (with some sort of legal document pertaining to the distribution of prize money, if you win) or requested that they waive their rights to the addon/give you full permission/ownership/whatever it would be called?

If you read the Third Party in both the Chinook's Readme and on Make ArmA Not War. You will see everyone who's details I were passed over have been added. Granted there maybe a few names missing during the hand over's of different people, but it's clearly stated in my Readme for the Chinook that anyone who's not credited that should be are to contact me.

Just keep YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. Thank you :)

Just keep YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. Thank you :)

What? I'm sorry, but this isn't my "opinion". You have permission to modify the helicopter for ArmA, that's obvious, and you've been doing good work. However, you have to seek out separate permissions if you wish to enter it in MANW, otherwise Bohemia can, and will, disqualify you from the contest.

Don't worry Probe1, there is an update due out hopefully this week/early next which add's the ability to use BIS's Sling loading ability. The 'rotor beheading' should too be fixed.

That's what I wanted to hear, thank you! I hope to see your mod in our missions again!

Frankly, I'm appalled that you would use one of the oldest addons in this community to enter into MANW. It is not your work, it's something that has been handed down throughout the years. I now know that you have not sought permissions to use their work in MANW (crediting them doesn't cut it. You'd have to either have an agreement to share the money with all involved, or have legal documents from the saying they give up their rights and have no problem with you entering it.) and that as a result you do not have said permissions, and I'm confident that you will not receive them from all the necessary people either. I wouldn't expect the entry to remain in MANW for very long.

Darkhorse has a point, if it's in MANW the purpose changes to monetary which i'm pretty certain would piss off those who were involved (who did it for free use) prior to you with the model/textures and if you won it would fully open the door for them to take claims a lot further. Tread very carefully as if you don't have explicit permissions for monetary gain, then they (Afrografix, wld427) can have your ass pretty easily.

So, moving on from that, any plans to fix the mod? It's kind of unusable right now when getting out kills the passenger and the rotor :(

So, moving on from that, any plans to fix the mod? It's kind of unusable right now when getting out kills the passenger and the rotor :(
Which Bird? never had that happen...

Usually when somebody floats into the rotor (as I've done it myself due to poor connection) it's due to lag of the player floating into the rotor/de-sync. I've had people do that and not do that so it's not an issue that konyo can fix.

Hi konyo. Pls fix turrets' config bug with RHS. It have conflict with RHS USA army addon. Server can't start mission.

Removed.

Edited by konyo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Update removed as requested

Edited by Guest

Most likely not as it's not a serious problem.. Sorry.

Hi Konyo,

Just to let you know, this issue with the co-pilot turret numbering not abiding to what the ArmA defaults are also breaks compatibility with TFAR. The co-pilot has no access to the helicopter's radio, while one of the door gunners has... As I said I have added the extra work required to work around this for cTab, this will probably not be the least time you hear of it (if people bother reporting it, or even figure out what the issue is). For example everyone's "only pilots can sit in the pilot seats of a helicopter" scripts won't work unless they add specific exceptions for this amazing helicopter.

Again, thanks for sharing this!

Version 1.2.2 is released. Check the first post for the download link :)

Version 1.2.2 Changelog

Added: Ability to Slingload Using BIS's New Feature. (Heli DLC).