konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III

You must not have the mod correctly working. Check that it is installed correctly.

I found the problem: FSF launcher didn't like addons folders names containing "spaces" ;)

I renamed it to "@kyo_MH47E" and it works.

Thanks ;)

Has anyone managed to drive an assault boat into the cargo area yet? We tried it a few times last night, and ALMOST got it to work. One time the boat got mostly in, but as soon as I lifted out of the water the boat and driver fell through the fuselage.

I'm not sure if I just wasn't deep enough in the water, or if the boat is just slightly too wide to fit. I didn't have a lot of time to test, so we only made a couple attempts. Anyone else had any luck?

Doesn't work if you don't script it, but that should come with the next version.

Hi Konyo.

Some reports: (based on 1.0 Version, but not visible in changelog for 1.1)

- Front Main Rotor still acts wierd when going into Autohover with speed. The rotorblades will clip through the fuselage for the rest of the game.

- Everytime we spool up and spool down the chopper, we have a Red-Chain in a multiplayer game. The rotor-bending script is causing lag/desinc since it was introduced on the basemodel from SmileyNick and myself (the RAF HC3). Never had issues with the script by YuraPetrov. Maybe you can link up and streamline the script? If you need more information about the lag, I could do some research.

Some wishes:

- Would it be possible to open the cockpit-cargo door for all LOD's? I like to be able to check the cargo area for my passengers? The copilot can see the cargo area, the pilot not. (TrackIR User)

Love what you have done with V1.1. Flight model feels nice. Need to see how the new armor values behave (in the last version, the first part that took damage was the Main Rotor, which lead to a falling stone every time)

Best regards

Mag

My God, konyo, I just saw I didn't congrat you for the awesome release!

Great addon, thanks!

First we would like to thank you for the great work, but..

We're having a major problem with this otherwise beautiful and cool chinook-mod.

When a passenger is walking around inside the chopper with the engines going, it more often than not ruins the MROT.

konyo_MH-47E_v1.1_ArmA3

These video is trying to demonstrate the problem.

From the pilot side :

From the crew side :

Hope it helps.. and keep up the good work..

I can confirm this last issue, we had the same problem last training, though we didn't quite know why it was happening - but knowing this it makes sense now.

Added: Should now be compatible with Zeus.

Is it just me, or can you use the MH-47 with Zeus? It doesn't return an error, but it doesn't show up on the list either.

At least with the "Add all AddOns (even unofficial ones)" it doesn't show up - but that's the best way for vehicle-mods to work with Zeus. Maybe there's some inaccuracy in the configuration...

#edit: I'm not a smart person. Adding a "_" to the name in the start-parameters of the server is not the best thing to do...

Edited by Pergor

@Pergor

Works perfectly with Zeus. Look 3 variations in NATO faction / AIR (side and empty).

@Pergor

Works perfectly with Zeus. Look 3 variations in NATO faction / AIR (side and empty).

Yes, it does. I had a spelling error in my startup-params.

Please could you do one for the british? or one without the US army thing on the side?

Awesome mod tho bro!

Would love to see this also please

Hi Konyo.

Some reports: (based on 1.0 Version, but not visible in changelog for 1.1)

- Front Main Rotor still acts wierd when going into Autohover with speed. The rotorblades will clip through the fuselage for the rest of the game.

- Everytime we spool up and spool down the chopper, we have a Red-Chain in a multiplayer game. The rotor-bending script is causing lag/desinc since it was introduced on the basemodel from SmileyNick and myself (the RAF HC3). Never had issues with the script by YuraPetrov. Maybe you can link up and streamline the script? If you need more information about the lag, I could do some research.

Some wishes:

- Would it be possible to open the cockpit-cargo door for all LOD's? I like to be able to check the cargo area for my passengers? The copilot can see the cargo area, the pilot not. (TrackIR User)

Love what you have done with V1.1. Flight model feels nice. Need to see how the new armor values behave (in the last version, the first part that took damage was the Main Rotor, which lead to a falling stone every time)

Best regards

Mag

Hi Mag, I already knew about the blade's that clip through the fuselage from ArmA2. I didn't think it can be fixed as it's part of the blades animations? Correct me If I'm wrong? But otherwise I think that would have to be lived with :rolleyes: I also never noticed the cockpit door was closed for the pilot.. I'll open it up.

First we would like to thank you for the great work, but..

We're having a major problem with this otherwise beautiful and cool chinook-mod.

When a passenger is walking around inside the chopper with the engines going, it more often than not ruins the MROT.

konyo_MH-47E_v1.1_ArmA3

These video is trying to demonstrate the problem.

From the pilot side :

From the crew side :

Hope it helps.. and keep up the good work..

;2693555']I can confirm this last issue' date=' we had the same problem last training, though we didn't quite know why it was happening - but knowing this it makes sense now.[/quote']

Hmmm, that is very odd. I'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.

Please could you do one for the british? or one without the US army thing on the side?

Awesome mod tho bro!

Would love to see this also please

.. ;) Stay tuned.

Hi konyo thanks for this mod. I've only tested the hardcore version at the moment and use it with unitcapture. I'm finding no issues with lag myself. One thing I've noticed thou is if my player walks into the belly I don't get the action to get in (sit down), but if I stay at the tailgate I get the action to get I then. Is this normal mate? Also for a future update, is it possible to beef up the engine noise? While I'm on the ground waiting for the bird to come I think the engine noise ain't deep & dark enough. Other than that it's fantastic mate. Looking forward to a RAF version with maybe a fixed gunner on the back. Keep up the good work mate

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

Sorry kiwi I don't understand what you mean? If you ment what Lala has said? Here's the correct ones

Co-pilot is Gunner01.

Left Gunner is Gunner02.

Right Gunner is Gunner03.

Loadmaster is Gunner04.

Backcrew is Gunner05.

- Thats perfect thanks Konyo, exactly what i needed. I believe (will have to test) that you can maybe put a game logic into the Gunner 04 position, hence making it unplayable? Also could use the vehicleName lockTurret [[0,0], true]; command to lock that position. Will check it out when i get home.

What I'm trying to achieve is to basically delete the loadmaster slot so in my multiplayer missions there isnt someone lying on the floor of the chopper! :-) (humans will always get in there for a laugh if they can) :-)

Hi kiwi did you manage to delete the loadmaster? I also would like to delete him from my missions but I would still like players to have an option to use the slot if possible. Any ideas mate?

Hi konyo thanks for this mod. I've only tested the hardcore version at the moment and use it with unitcapture. I'm finding no issues with lag myself. One thing I've noticed thou is if my player walks into the belly I don't get the action to get in (sit down), but if I stay at the tailgate I get the action to get I then. Is this normal mate? Also for a future update, is it possible to beef up the engine noise? While I'm on the ground waiting for the bird to come I think the engine noise ain't deep & dark enough. Other than that it's fantastic mate. Looking forward to a RAF version with maybe a fixed gunner on the back. Keep up the good work mate

The Get In Action should be up front in the Chinook near the Left & Right Gunners, however I may have moved it during testing and forgot to move it back :rolleyes: Sorry about that. Engine noise I've been looking into for a while but no solution, you cant hear it miles away in ArmA3 like you could in ArmA2. I'm guessing there's a fix for it somewhere but I havn't discovered it yet. I'll always be looking into this fix though so hopefully it will be fixed soon-ish. Fingers crossed :)

Hi Mag, I already knew about the blade's that clip through the fuselage from ArmA2. I didn't think it can be fixed as it's part of the blades animations? Correct me If I'm wrong?

I think this should be fixable in the model.cfg

Maybe with Minvalue, maxvalue and the propper animationsource this should be fixable.

Any news about the Lag because of the Rotor Blades?

Best regards

The Get In Action should be up front in the Chinook near the Left & Right Gunners, however I may have moved it during testing and forgot to move it back :rolleyes: Sorry about that.

Last time I used this mod, all my AI-squadmembers entered the helicopter through the nose. :confused:

Aside from that, this helicopter is fantastic. :D

Also, I love the detailed wreck that comes with the addon.

Edited by GrumpyRhino
Added more praising.

I think this should be fixable in the model.cfg

Maybe with Minvalue, maxvalue and the propper animationsource this should be fixable.

Any news about the Lag because of the Rotor Blades?

Best regards

Thanks Mag, I'll look into it :)

& no nothing about the lag yet, sorry.

Last time I used this mod, all my AI-squadmembers entered the helicopter through the nose. :confused:

I'm guessing you was using the 'Hardcore' version? It's not designed for AI in mind as all the GetIn & GetOut actions are inside the Chinook, therefor they glitch into or out of it ;)

I just had another go at it.

When I use the not hardcore version, AI enter, not through the nose as I wrote earlier, but through the sidedoors/gunports at the front.

When I use the harcore version, AI enters through the ramp.

I'm guessing you was using the 'Hardcore' version? It's not designed for AI in mind as all the GetIn & GetOut actions are inside the Chinook, therefor they glitch into or out of it ;)

It still works great with the AI though. :bounce3:

So it turns out I was just using it wrong. Thanks for helping clearing things out.

I just had another go at it.

When I use the not hardcore version, AI enter, not through the nose as I wrote earlier, but through the sidedoors/gunports at the front.

When I use the harcore version, AI enters through the ramp.

It still works great with the AI though. :bounce3:

So it turns out I was just using it wrong. Thanks for helping clearing things out.

I use the hardcore version with my AI & they all entered & exited by the ramp, no probs. Looking forward to when I can use the get in while in the fuselage instead of at the ramp but loving this bird thou.

@Konyo

Replace those values in your config.cpp and the issue with the blade clipping through the fuselage should be gone.

minMainRotorDive = 0; //-6
	maxMainRotorDive = 0; //15 
	neutralMainRotorDive = 0; //-5
	minBackRotorDive = 0; //-15
	maxBackRotorDive = 0; //9
	neutralBackRotorDive = 0; //-5

You can play with the values, if you still want the rotor to tilt a bit, but I think it loos good this way.

And could you either get rid of that Hud Display or make it somewhat usefull?

To remove it, but this into the class

CfgVehicle {
... All the rest of the config ...
class MFD {};
};

Best regards

Mag

@Konyo

Replace those values in your config.cpp and the issue with the blade clipping through the fuselage should be gone.

minMainRotorDive = 0; //-6
	maxMainRotorDive = 0; //15 
	neutralMainRotorDive = 0; //-5
	minBackRotorDive = 0; //-15
	maxBackRotorDive = 0; //9
	neutralBackRotorDive = 0; //-5

You can play with the values, if you still want the rotor to tilt a bit, but I think it loos good this way.

And could you either get rid of that Hud Display or make it somewhat usefull?

To remove it, but this into the class

CfgVehicle {
... All the rest of the config ...
class MFD {};
};

Best regards

Mag

Thanks for your help, both issue's fixed :)

If you walk over the loadmaster who is lying on the ground you get pushed up a bit and that breaks the main rotor!

This happens on all version, everytime. We tested it for some time with our group.

EDIT: This ALSO happens on the boxes where the gunners are siting on!

EDIT2: If you have 2 or more people ejecting in the hardcore version at the same time they get stacked and that also breaks the rotor.

EDIT3: This is quite random and probably has to do with desync.

Edited by Vasilyevich

Sorry if this is reported before but these are our findings:

Confirming Vasilys post, but with a twist. We run this mod on dedi-MP and we tried this last night with all of our 25-ish mods enabled and today also completely standalone.

On all three versions of the bird as soon as we close the hatch and walk over it the main rotor stops dead (animation halts to fullstop instantly) and completely breaks (red damage). This is with pilot in seat and a single guy walking in from the ramp. If we do not touch the hatch we were not able to break the rotor.

On all three versions when firing the guns smoke and spent casings pour out of the flag inside the fuselage.

Question: is it somehow possible on any of the versions to walk into the chopper and just stand there without dying?

Keep up the awesome work! :D

Hey man..idk is this long time or already mentiones..but just today i noticed that rotors doesnt have finished texture?? from the if u check from the top you will see that beggining of rotors have great texture and then texture is streched all acros 2 remaining parts of the rotor.. if u check you will se what i am talking about.

First Congrats on the release and fine work with this mod. I and the guys I play with enjoy it very much.

This is scripting related, but it is specifically about working with your mod.

I have been working on an Extraction script suite that may see a public release soon and I'm trying to support your choppers

I'm not having any luck getting this to work well with AI

Here are my findings.

with type "kyo_MH47E_base" if i use bis_fnc_spawnvehicle I can delete all crew but driver with this

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 0 ]] join grpNull;// most all seem to use [ 0 ] as copilot

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 0 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 1 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 1 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 2 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 2 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 3 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 3 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 4 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 4 ]);

This works fine.

Now when pilot dissembarks he gets stuck in back of chopper.

with type "kyo_MH47E_HC"

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 0 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 0 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 1 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 1 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 2 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 2 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 3 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 3 ]);

[EvacChopper turretUnit [ 4 ]] join grpNull;

deleteVehicle (EvacChopper turretUnit [ 4 ]);

bis_fnc_spawnvehicle in combination with above does nothing, but the pilot can disembark and get back in with no problems

type "kyo_MH47E_Ramp" yields the same results as type "kyo_MH47E_HC"

Am I missing something or maybe this not especially designed to support AI the way A3 choppers do.

If could get just one type working with this It would be great.

Yes there are other methods for spawning vehicle and filling them with crew, but so far this has been working well A3 and other moded choppers

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank You.