Sign in to follow this  
mihikle

British Military Beret Mod

Hello all, this is my first addon for ArmA 3 for public release: British Military Berets!

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25578

Currently it is using the stock Beret model with different textures added to it. I'll look into a custom model to make them look a bit more genuine as you could land a plane on the current beret model. It currently includes the following Berets:

- The Rifles - Beret_rifles

- Grenadier Guards - Beret_gren

- Coldstream Guards - Beret_cold

- Scots Guards - Beret_scotsGD

- Irish Guards - Beret_irishGD

- Welsh Guards - Beret_welsh

- Guards Para Platoon - Beret_gdspara

- The Parachute Regiment - Beret_para

- The Royal Marines - Beret_marine

- PWRR - Beret_pwrr

- Duke of Lancaster's Regiment - Beret_lancs

- Fusiliers (minus the hackle) - Beret_fus

- Royal Anglian Regiment - Beret_anglian

- Yorkshire Regiment - Beret_yorks

- Mercian Regiment - Beret_mercian

- Royal Gurkha Regiment - Beret_gurkha

There is not currently a Beret for the Royal Welsh, Royal Regiment of Scotland (there's several within it!) and the Royal Irish Regiment, all because they either have a hackle or a different shaped beret. At some point I'll be updating to include darkened cap badges for the Royal Marines and the Parachute Regiment. But in it's current state it does provide some useful functionality for other British groups that want to accurately portray their chosen group. Other Regiment's may be added such as Royal Artillery, RAC, 4/73 etc, but that remains to be seen at this stage.

The textures are not amazing (I'm primarily working on learning configs rather than texturing), so if someone who is a textures god wants to get in touch to redo them I'm more than happy for them to come forward and do that. Feel free to edit to your hearts content but please give me some credit somewhere and don't re-release (publicly) an edited version without at least contacting me first. You can contact me either as a PM on here or on my groups website at www.3cdobde.net.

Remember it's my first addon so don't flame it too hard! ;)

Planned Updates:

- Blacked cap badges for Marines and Para's - in-game

- RAF Beret

- Royal Navy Berets

- Royal Artillery Berets - in-game

- Royal Irish (will be normal beret) - textures done

- Royal Reg of Scotland (minus hackle) - textures done

- Royal Welsh (minus hackle)

- Royal Armoured Corps

- 16CSMR

Edited by mihikle

Woah were is my RAF Beret?

• Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Kaxii - Might add that one in the future mate. My first priority was all the Infantry Regiments!

Woah were is my RAF Beret?

I would love to see RAF beret too being an ex rock.

Looks like RAF berets will be in the next update then! :) I'll try and squeeze in the RA berets as well as there's only a few variants that come to mind (black, Commando, Para, 4/73 Bty).

I'll try and get a Royal Navy one in for the next update, I'll compile a list of any cap badges people would really like to see in-game in the top post, but I can't promise they'll all get done!

Potentially, I'll add them to the list and see if I manage to get the time to do them haha!

Great job mihikle... Cool to be able to arrange proper unit insignia !

SJ

Can I please request one for the RAMC?

I say one, its every regiment but with a different cap badge :3

It would be cool if they were in an ammobox also

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Also, massi has a good beret model. Maybe ask him if you can use it?

@doom_sharpe - I don't think I'll go into huge detail for every non-teeth arm or anything not likely to be represented in-game, however I might add 16CSMR because it's probably the one most likley to be represented.

@Bravo93 - Is that the usual HCR cap badge and backing with a Maroon beret? Or is it the same as the HCR beret, as al lthis will be in the RAC update.

BABFerror_zps15baface.png

Heyup lads, just put in two extra berets to my config and I'm getting this error packing it with BinPBO. I've done nothing different to usual in the config, I've re-installed BinPBO and I'm still getting the error... anyone got any ideas? :/

Hi Guys 

I would liek to help out with this mod as i am pretty neat with Photoshop and would be able to help plus there are Berets missing which i could help add Like Houshold Cavalry Regiment plus more  

any body got any pictures of the assets? just curious for a looky before downloading

This thread hasn't been touched in 2 years now. I doubt it is currently still being developed. 

• Like 1

Hi, been a while, didn't even remember this was a thread! :D 

Unfortunately I don't have the source for this anymore, and frankly its been superseded with some higher quality content such as the 3CB Uniforms/Equipment etc, which I'd recommend. 

Thanks for the support.

• Like 1