Sign in to follow this  
masterofapplience

The Hunt - 1 vs all adversarial

MANW link: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/7IZ207C8c7#.U2J6xVeWmzA

The Hunt is a 1 vs all adversarial multiplayer game mode. The target being hunted has stolen vital intel and plans to upload it online. The hunters are a light recon team who are tasked with tracking down and killing the hunted before the upload is complete. Recommended to play with 3-10 friends.

The Hunt begins when the hunted target leaves the starting area. The hunters are released 1 minute later. Before the hunters are released, the hunted can complete optional objectives to get an early advantage. Once released, the hunters will be given some time to set up. After this the hunted's position will be tracked. This tracked position will be shown to the hunters 30 seconds later. This will happen throughout the game every two and a half minutes. Once the hunted is first tracked it will be given set of objectives. The first objective will be to obtain a radio to ask for the location of the upload station. The second objective will be to get to the upload station and upload the intel. The upload takes 2 minutes to complete. Once the upload has begun, the hunted's current position will be displayed every 30 seconds. The hunters must kill the target before the upload is complete.

The hunters are given 2 trucks, an MH-9, and an MQ4A Greyhawk drone.

The area is home to a number of civilians who look very similar to the hunted. The hunted must be stealthy and clever to win.

The game is 95% functional and includes an ingame tutorial for the hunted, hunters, and the hunters greyhawk operator.

Planned future updates:

-Add a GUI that can be used by players to alter game settings such as tracking reset time, hunters release timer etc, before the game starts.

-Add different zones for the game to take place.

-Add different game styles such as demolition where the hunted tries to destroy targets that the hunters must defend.

Side note: I'd like congratulate alleycat (developer of Hunting Trip) for making what seems to be a very fun and interesting game mode. Alleycat has no doubt been working on his project for some months before publicly releasing it (I know I have). I'm sure he was surprised to see that a asymmetrical team MP game mode with a similar name was already posted as a Make Arma Not War entry before he/she got a chance to finalize their entry. I'm sure alleycat was just as surprised as I was ten minutes ago when I came to make my forum post here and discovered that Hunting Trip had been posted here well before my MANW entry. I think we could all agree that despite the similar sounding names and team sizes that we have very different beasts on our hands. I say this because he in fact has a very cool scary beast in his game and I don't.

About a week and a half ago I decided to change my games name from Human Hunting to The Hunt. It was a decision I was originally unsure about but now I'm fairly happy I made.

Please keep coming back to this post. I will check this page frequently and will detail all major updates here.

I have played this game mode a few times now, and I enjoyed it! It's a bit buggy at places, like the Drone Pilot will randomly die etc..

But my friends and I enjoy it very much and we hope to see more updates and content!

I have supported and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the feedback stuartmokler! Yah I'm working on ironing out some of the bugs still.

I have no clue what could be causing the Greyhawk pilot to randomly die but I'll definitely look into that. If you have any more details about that bug or any other bug that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

You're very welcome!

These are the couple I have noticed:

Drone Pilot randomly dying

Hunters not spawning with backpacks (Unsure if this is meant or not - Also contributes to not being able to use Task Force Radio.)

Sometimes, Radio/Laptop won't spawn for the Hunted

Hope this helps, my friend!

This is one of the best missions I've seen so far, and we have really a lot of fun. But since the last BIS updates, we are struggling with several CTD's, would you be so kind and update this little masterpiece?

boggler;2865533']This is one of the best missions I've seen so far' date=' and we have really a lot of fun. But since the last BIS updates, we are struggling with several CTD's, would you be so kind and update this little masterpiece?[/quote']

What do you mean by CTD's? I'm not sure what in the new updates could be causing it to not work or what I could do to change it.

My own tests have it still working. If you give me specifics on the problem perhaps I could figure out what to change.

Sign in to follow this