Sign in to follow this  
xconverge

AI Difficulty

My friends are getting spanked by the AI. I had set precision and skill to 0.2 but they still seem to be SUPER quick to aim and extremely accurate. Even behind cover you get messed up pretty much instantly.

I am running a dedicated but Zeus seems to ignore the difficulty and skill settings, is this true? I am not 100% sure if this is Zeus only or not. If someone has played Zeus with dumb AI, I am probably doing something wrong or have a bad config somewhere.

I can adjust the skill of a group but if I spawn a few groups around a town I have to adjust the skill for all of them, and even then it doesn't seem to do too much.

Lastly, there is no way to create a default set of skill parameters for newly created troops, is there?

Maybe my friends and I should just get better.

My friends are getting spanked by the AI. I had set precision and skill to 0.2 but they still seem to be SUPER quick to aim and extremely accurate. Even behind cover you get messed up pretty much instantly.

I am running a dedicated but Zeus seems to ignore the difficulty and skill settings, is this true? I am not 100% sure if this is Zeus only or not. If someone has played Zeus with dumb AI, I am probably doing something wrong or have a bad config somewhere.

I can adjust the skill of a group but if I spawn a few groups around a town I have to adjust the skill for all of them, and even then it doesn't seem to do too much.

Lastly, there is no way to create a default set of skill parameters for newly created troops, is there?

Maybe my friends and I should just get better.

Check the AI settings of the guys that is Zeus...

Check the AI settings of the guys that is Zeus...

Are you saying if 2 different people are Zeus, the AI that each spawn will inherit their difficulties and not the serverside AI difficulty?

AI will inherit the skills from the machine that spawned it... so if the AI is spawned client-side (like ALiVE's CQB module for example) they are using that particular clients skills setting in the arma3.profile file.

I would think with 2 Zeus' both would be spawned on the server not the clients... but to be honest I don't know. That would seem silly to me if the Zeus units were 'owned' by the Zeus' client machine.

I'm suffering the same issue. Values i have in the ARMA3Profile is disregarded, set skill, be it script or otherwise also makes no difference. The AI are far too consistently accurate and it makes playing extremely frustrating.

If you are running a dedicated server, I suggest using ASR AI. It's fantastic and does exactly what you're looking for. You can change the AI's skill and it makes them act normal.

If you are running a dedicated server, I suggest using ASR AI. It's fantastic and does exactly what you're looking for. You can change the AI's skill and it makes them act normal.

But you will need the mod both in the dedi server and the client side.

And yes, the units are spawn with the ai config of the player that is zeus.

But you will need the mod both in the dedi server and the client side.

And yes, the units are spawn with the ai config of the player that is zeus.

Incorrect.

All the scripted features are running server side only. If a player joins a server with the mod active, his userconfig has no effect, the server scripted settings are applied, even for AI spawned/running on the player's machine.

You don't need it client side, unless you are running the mission locally.

You don't need it client side, unless you are running the mission locally.

For Zeus, the game master needs to run the mod locally, or you will have the default AI setting for the spawned one (read Savage's post).

We started implementing a system where the dedi server has the addon files of CBA + ASR Skills(Not set as a mod, so vanilla users can still play)

And anyone who wants to jump in GameMaster and have varying levels of AI skill we have them install CBA + ASR Skills into their addons.(Make sure to remove like you would mods to play elsewhere)

As long as our ASR AI Skills Config in ArmA3\userconfig\ is the same for the server and GM we havnt had any problems. AI Act intelligent, and we can dumb them down. No 1mile MG headshot snipers here.

Thanks to Killbox and rest of community. Check out here. Similar BIS Thread with answers

That would seem silly to me if the Zeus units were 'owned' by the Zeus' client machine.

it seems that it is the case. I made some tests on dedi. and zeus created units are local to that zeus.

At least there is "curator" event handler that we can use to give them back to server/hc, so they will be taken in charge by asr_ai like...

but still, if you remote control one unit, it will become local to the controlling Zeus.

Hey, I have a fix for this, instead of wrestling with any zeus ai settings, and setting an overall 0.2 difficulty, make sure you change the other ai attributes.

Within your init.sqf call a file like execvm "aiparameters.sqf", then within your mission directory make a new file as named and use this:

while {true} do

{

{

if (!isPlayer _x) then

{

_x setSkill 0.5;

_x setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.031];

_x setSkill ["aimingShake", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["aimingSpeed", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["Endurance",0.5];

_x setSkill ["spotDistance",0.55];

_x setSkill ["spotTime",0.9];

_x setSkill ["courage", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["reloadSpeed", 1];

};

} forEach allUnits;

sleep 10;

};

change each variable to suit your play style.

This essentially changes the ai skill of all non-player units placed every ten seconds, I have used this through all missions and public servers depending on how I want it, and it works in zeus editing too.

Alter to your taste, I hope this helps.

it seems that it is the case. I made some tests on dedi. and zeus created units are local to that zeus.

At least there is "curator" event handler that we can use to give them back to server/hc, so they will be taken in charge by asr_ai like...

but still, if you remote control one unit, it will become local to the controlling Zeus.

Ah good to know..thanks

Hey, I have a fix for this, instead of wrestling with any zeus ai settings, and setting an overall 0.2 difficulty, make sure you change the other ai attributes.

Within your init.sqf call a file like execvm "aiparameters.sqf", then within your mission directory make a new file as named and use this:

while {true} do

{

{

if (!isPlayer _x) then

{

_x setSkill 0.5;

_x setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.031];

_x setSkill ["aimingShake", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["aimingSpeed", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["Endurance",0.5];

_x setSkill ["spotDistance",0.55];

_x setSkill ["spotTime",0.9];

_x setSkill ["courage", 0.8];

_x setSkill ["reloadSpeed", 1];

};

} forEach allUnits;

sleep 10;

};

change each variable to suit your play style.

This essentially changes the ai skill of all non-player units placed every ten seconds, I have used this through all missions and public servers depending on how I want it, and it works in zeus editing too.

Alter to your taste, I hope this helps.

I use a similar script and it works.

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried out the AI mod and it seems to work pretty well. They pop colored smoke everywhere haha

I might use the script in the future, thanks!

Sorry for bothering, but is it possbile to get this working in a official Zeus mission? If yes, how? :D

Sorry for bothering, but is it possbile to get this working in a official Zeus mission? If yes, how? :D

Well for a start you need to get access to the official zeus game modes/ missions, and from there you then need to un-pbo the mission and add the ai parameters script to the mission directory, and make sure the init.sqf runs it. Then once done open in editor in game and save the mission again as multiplayer and run done!

So much work for a little dumber AI? :D Thank you anyways! :)