Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Could BIS give us Standalone Coop versions of some of the Campaign missions?

I was playing the Last campaign missions and I was thinking how much fun they might be to play with a mate.

I think it would be cool if BIS could give use some of the best squad missions from the campaign as Standalone Coop missions. Maybe the could be "unlocked" after you complete the campaign or something.

Story wise, it wouldn't matter. It could be just a like a "Drop in" scenario...don't worry about continuity etc...they would just be for fun/more content. Besides I think "drop in" type missions are quite fun (EG you are given a Sit-rep and are just dropped into the middle of an (seemingly) ongoing scenario)

Take mission from pbo > load into a ArmA 3 profile folder/Missions/ > go into Editor > make it MP compatible :)

That is currently the only way to play that mission on COOP. If BIS would give us COOP versions of them, they would have already done that.

they would have already done that.

Not necessarily. eg can't hurt to let them know some players would be interested....besides more content will only help flesh out the game.

Not necessarily. eg can't hurt to let them know some players would be interested....besides more content will only help flesh out the game.

I'm pretty sure it has been noticed, how many players were pissed off by the fact that a coop campaign was promised and not included in the game after launch. I'm pretty sure if it was as simple as to unpbo the mission files and place additional playable units in the editor it would have been done long ago. But taskstates, intro- and outro-sequencies, trigger and whatnot aren't as simple, if they're planned for sp only. You certainly can play these missions in coop afterwards, but don't expect an error-free game experience. ;)

A co-op campaign was not promised. In fact it was announced there would not be a co-op campaign at least 2 years ago.

A co-op campaign was not promised. In fact it was announced there would not be a co-op campaign at least 2 years ago.

Yeah, I just read up on that. My mistake. Then let me rephrase: "the fact that a coop campaign was expected by almost all players and not included in the game after launch". ;)

I actually can't comprehend how a coop campaign was expected by "almost all players" when I remember how shitty the ArmA2 coop campaign was working. :>