Sign in to follow this  
GieNkoV

Problem with verifySignatures

Hello.

So after yesterday update our server refused to let anybody join. It is not that it kicked everyone, anybody that try to join get to stay on that stripped black/gray screen and never get into lobby to select map etc. What is more strange is you always get that small server window named "Arma 3 server window version 1.18 port xxxx", after update we only get "Arma 3" name. What we discovered is that when we commented "verifySignatures = 2;" in server.cfgthen server started to behave normally. Window name is back to normal with version and port, everyone can join w/o problems. Then we uncommented verifySignatures = 2; and changed it to 0 - server started working. With 1 it doesn't work, with 2 it doesn't work.

Yeah you say we can leave it as is but without verifySignatures = 2 almost everyone can join even with addons we don't use. We have strict policy of required addons so we cannot leave it on 0.

Did someone found a way to fix that? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

We tried running server from different location and what we discovered is:

C:\TCAFiles\Users\admin\1\arma3server.exe -port=2303 -config=server.cfg -world=empty

Above is line that is not working when we use verifySignatures = 2; It is used by TCAdmin to manage servers.

With ArmA 2 above works w/o problems.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -port=2303 -config=server.cfg -world=empty

This is line we tried running from shortcut and looks like it works even with verifySignatures = 2;

One difference is those " " marks on second shortcut. First line is generated by TCAdmin and it doesn't have that " " marks.

Edited by gienkov
More info

Same problem exactly.. if I set verifySignatures = 0 server starts properly and shows up in browser. If it's set to =2 I get no info in the title bar of the console window and nothing shows in browser

Well, this needs to be fixed ASAP, we don't play without verifying addons.

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman przy użyciu Tapatalka

I think that this thread should be moved to Servers & Administration thread, because the issue is directly related with dedicated server. And maybe we will get some response from Dwarden since he's more active in that forums. I'm from the same community as GienkoV and I can tell that patch 1.18 obviously has broken something because before 1.18 our dedicated was working just fine with verifysignatures=2.

Yes, mods if you can, move this topic to Servers & Administration thread.

Just did some tests this morning. Setup both servers vanilla with the same server.cfg file and tried to start both with verifySignatures = 2

One on port 2402 starts up fine and shows info in console window (ie: Arma 3 Console verision 1.18 IP Port)

One on port 2412 starts up but shows no info in console window (ie: just Arma 3)

Does not seem to matter which one I start first the port 2412 never 'works'. Steam ports are unique between instances.

Just did some tests this morning. Setup both servers vanilla with the same server.cfg file and tried to start both with verifySignatures = 2

One on port 2402 starts up fine and shows info in console window (ie: Arma 3 Console verision 1.18 IP Port)

One on port 2412 starts up but shows no info in console window (ie: just Arma 3)

Does not seem to matter which one I start first the port 2412 never 'works'. Steam ports are unique between instances.

I've just tried to run the server on port 2302 with verifySignatures=2 (usually we use 2303) and it didn't helped. Also I noticed that the server somehow "hangs" because it use constantly 15% of CPU and it doesn't even create .RPT file, but the arma3server.exe process in task manager appears normally (without 'not responding') and the server window shows "Host identity created".

After last, yesterday update everything went back to normal. Thank you BIS!

So for me this problem appeared to be related to addons and .bikey files.

I completely re-installed both servers today and setup identical except for unique steam ports in server.cfg. Copied back the mods I had saved from both server instances. Same problem (verifysigs = 2 no work... verifysigs=0 works fine)

Re-installed @CBA_A3 and @cpm mods on the problem server and set verifySignatures = 2

Problem sovled now both servers start up fine and show up in browser.

This problem is really frustrating, also happend to me. Sometimes it's working.. sometimes not.. I have no idea how to fix this problem..

EDIT: So it seems it is coused by cba_a3_rc3_hotfix.bikey with combination with other mods/keys

Edited by EvroMalarkey

We suffer issues with Bikeys, my fix, I sign any addons that have faulty keys with one of our keys

It must be an issue with the method used by the addon maker when signing their addons, either the tool or the way they do it

FHQ and TOG are but a few I have come across

This seems to happen if you have more than one .bikey files for the same mod, remove old ones under from armainstallfolder\keys.

(arma3 cpu usage 13-15% on idle, wont shutdown from [X], need to kill process etc)

Edited by Soppa

^ Soppa the 128 player BF2 guy? If so thanks.. my FH2 experience was never the same after that :p