Sign in to follow this  
Shazzy

Real Sound team WIP Thread.

Now Im starting this as it seems it will soon just be a cluster of mods so this should make it fairly easy. For now on I at least will be posting all my sound mods here.

Now for starters I was initially going to wait to make this but also figured it was a good time to do so. The list will get updated as time goes on and each aircraft will be hyperlinked to the download on this post when a download is available.

So without further ado here's the list of currently planned, working on and finished aircraft/mods.

Currently WIP by Shazer:

Ivory F-15C

Currently WIP by LtShadow:

HAFM F-4

Thunder (as in weather thunder)

HAFM's F-16

USAF's B-1B Lancer

USAF's KC-135 Stratotanker

USAF's C-5 Galaxy

Planned:

(possibly the AH-99 Lord Jarhead did pretty well with it in JSRS so may not)

All Ivory aircraft (only once he's done updating and if they need it)

F-22 (When its made and doesnt have it already)

For shits and giggles Gnats C-185

HAFM's A-7

US Arma2 helicopter Imports.

Finished Aircraft:

A-164 Wipeout

F-18 by John and Saul

MI-48 Kajman

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the weapons config was made by peral and Stiltman, and that most of the sounds are from Mark XIII's arma 2 HiFi mod for the A-164 Wipeout. If any of you three have a problem with the A-164 ill remove it immediately.

Edited by Shazer

I mean, i already know that if i hear a Kajman coming, and it aint friendly, its bad news. But when i hear this, it makes that bad news sound like... 100 times worse. Lol, i love the sound. I can't wait to fly around and sound just that much more dangerous.

Man that's a sexy sound...

Very good indeed. I love the gradual fade of sound and the loudness when really close. Looking forward to the release.

Thanks, its interesting mixing the sounds of a KA-50 with a MI-28, had some real trouble with the engine (not rotor) sound.

Just a heads up that the link to the A-164 Wipeout sound mod links to the F-4 Phantom instead. The correct link can be found here.

Any plans on doing the arma 2 port over helicopters. They need some tlc

Any plans on doing the arma 2 port over helicopters. They need some tlc

Yea Ill probably start on those very soon since the MI-48's almost done.

Also progress update expect downloads sometime in the next 3 days.

Also thanks Phronk fixed now

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

Also LtShadow's B-1B progress and Thunder progress for those who havnt seen his threads related.

Edited by Shazer

The following will be added to the WIP list from me:

@RealSound is proud to announce the first aircraft sound pack (a combined release) by LtShadow!

This mod pack will over-write the existing sounds of the following aircraft from the U.S.A.F. Plane pack by Fuller and Pearl;

USAF B-1B Lancer
USAF KC-135 Stratotanker
USAF C-5 Galaxy

More USAF aircraft will be included at a later date, the C-17 will not be getting a sound mod as well for the AC-130 as they have good enough sounds to start. Maybe one day we will see to them, but for now it will include these three to start.

Expect a video soon, to show off the new amazing external sounds for these powerful aircraft!

Aircraft are available here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25512

Sound mod will be available in the near future, as a beta/alpha build!

Thank You!

Yea Ill probably start on those very soon since the MI-48's almost done.

Also progress update expect downloads sometime in the next 3 days.

Also thanks Phronk fixed now

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

Also LtShadow's B-1B progress and Thunder progress for those who havnt seen his threads related.

I pee'd a little The weather sounds sexy

Perhaps you can come up with some good MH6 & MH60 sounds ;)

Haha all in good time.

The USAF pack is coming soon, putting the final touches on the aircraft sounds and then to make a video. :D

My experience with helicopter is: Very high v. at startsequence, high while ready but a fly by isnt that extreme like a jet. Still i think that the fixed wing planes with high speed (>500kmh) should be not so loud while coming in, the sound (in real 343 m/s, in Arma perhaps 300m/s ?!) is not as fast as the planes flying. I had some near bypass and they are, when coming in 3km away, only about 2% of the volumne as they are close where the volumne explosion and bass is unbelievable. This changes of course when they are far away. I posted a video @ Shazer A-10 sound mod thread where you can hear this very good. First the explosions from the ground hitting bullets, then the gun in the air nearly at the same time the engine sounds really increases and decreases nearly! as fast.

Nice to see your first pack. If you plan to release later a soundpack with all popular planes, think of all the sounds that are nearly the same to save some amount of space for the map pack.

Edited by Numrollen

My experience with helicopter is: Very high v. at startsequence, high while ready but a fly by isnt that extreme like a jet. Still i think that the fixed wing planes with high speed (>500kmh) should be not so loud while coming in, the sound (in real 343 m/s, in Arma perhaps 300m/s ?!) is not as fast as the planes flying. I had some near bypass and they are, when coming in 3km away, only about 2% of the volumne as they are close where the volumne explosion and bass is unbelievable. This changes of course when they are far away. I posted a video @ Shazer A-10 sound mod thread where you can hear this very good. First the explosions from the ground hitting bullets, then the gun in the air nearly at the same time the engine sounds really increases and decreases nearly! as fast.

Nice to see your first pack. If you plan to release later a soundpack with all popular planes, think of all the sounds that are nearly the same to save some amount of space for the map pack.

The problem with that is the airspace of arma. Its extremely small compared to say DCS where you could easily do this. Espically since most pilots in Arma fly low (below 600 meters) the plane is almost always heard compared to the real life videos you posted the jets at at least 2000+ feet at more than a half a mile away which accounts for the jet being heard last. Another thing is how loud the sound is. For whatever its slightly different from arma 2 which I could easily implement what your saying however for sounds to be heard at a distance in arma 3 at least for aircraft it seems is based on volume. Example the engine sounds are running at 5+ decibels higher than they are stock just so they can be heard at a distance. Do that to the gun/hit explosion would basically be deafening. Unless I'm missing something I wont change it as personally its loud enough.

Also MI-48 released first post updated

Edited by Shazer

Like Shazer said;

The ArmA's sound engine is VERY limiting to what we can do with it. The Doppler effect (is what you are describing) cannot fully be implemented because the cone effect in all ArmA games is not complete as it should be. We have tried our best to mimic real life aircraft, hence our name, but the engine in ArmA is again, very limited. The best I could think we could do is implement a completely new core in which SQL and SQF scripting could over-write the game's core sound engine files to create a completely new doppler effect within the ArmA 3 game experience. Another example would be my newly implemented flyby script for the FA-18 @RS mod, when the aircraft is flying at a certain distance it plays a certain sound effect.

UPDATE:

(Shazer, plz add this to main page when you get a chance)

The USAF sound replacement will be featured officially in the United States Air Force pack by Fuller and Pearl (other non-named developers featured) in it's more recent 0.2 update that will be available soon!

New external sounds for the;

B-1B Lancer

KC-135 'Stratotanker'

C-5 Galaxy

This thread will be updated with a link when they are available! Keep up to date on the mod by visiting this thread.

Speaking of this, is it possible for you to add speed of sound to the aircraft? And what kind of effect would it produce in terms of volume if the aircraft is near speed of sound? Combined with doppler effect, would it kind of naturally create a sonic bang?

Are you meaning like breaking the sound barrier? If that the case then yes but the game wouldn't naturally create the sonic boom. That has to be done in the same way were doing the sounds although it would be called on via script, Basically it would be the same as the Arma 2's Ported F-15 sound barrier, Although sound quality isnt exactly great for sonic booms after the initial boom. If you mean have it so it sounds like a doppler effect via script then yes and no as it would work like the F/A-18's flyby script (though ALOT of work would have to be done to it from what I'm seeing) but it would be meaning less in a combat scenario as aircraft would do alot of turns over your head ect. Basically im getting at yes its possible but not to the effect me or anyone would like. In concept at least. Again the Arma engine is very limited in terms of fixed wing aircraft sounds,

Helicopters you can get more creative.