Wiki

[Campaign] Operation Aegean Spear

Hi guys

@Deny_001:

thanks for feedback and report, corrected now.

@Brainbug, thanks for feedback.

I'll see what I can do for mission 18.

Concerning mission 19, I can't repro your error, did you have any activated mod? Cause I had none and didn't use any picture but the overview one, so I dunno where it comes from.

So, for the rest, I've added a hint at the beginning of the mission, the objective marker is not easy to see as you said.

I also changed the time of day and added a dialog when the vehicles are destroyed.

However, how do you do to have tracers ammo for the enemies? I'll also add a dialog after the Wipeout firing mission and remove the AA guys.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Concerning mission 20:

You're right, I forgot the briefing... :mad:

And you really could spot the enemy?

I made an helo insertion under the cliffs to make sure they were not visible... :(

I can't see them, even in external view.

How did you manage to do it? :confused:

I also added the gunner position in both HUNTERS with small amount of ammo for each as requested.

And I think I won't move the vehicles position - the first one ht an IED, the last one got blasted by en RPG and for the other ones, people just disembarked as quickly as they could.

It may feel unrealistic, but it will break my whole template otherwise - I'm sure you understand :)

Uhm

Still not sure if I'm supposed to find a air vehicle or a ground vehicle in Survivors...

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Oh and in the same mission, Anderson says "We are moving to a better sport", instead of spot

correction in the dialog done.

You're supposed to find a ground vehicle (a truck) nearby in the base

Yeah, I found that after going on a mass bombing in MCC....

However, how do you do to have tracers ammo for the enemies?
just take away all the normal magazines and give them different magazines with tracer ammo ("30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green_mag_Tracer" for the Katiba and "150Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer" for the Zafir).
Concerning mission 19, I can't repro your error, did you have any activated mod? Cause I had none and didn't use any picture but the overview one, so I dunno where it comes from.

mission.sqm, line 3676 says: init="this setFlagTexture ""images\rcvlag_nl.jpg"";"; ;)

here you can see the enemy groups I mentioned. The three guys on the opposite slope are relatively well concealed, and the group up the road is behind the hill, so no problem with those two groups. But the other two are noticeable even with bare eye (at least with proper antialiasing settings), let alone with a scope. And if the player spots the group on the right, he will probably start a flanking move to get behind them, and when he is up there and killed them, he'll probably also spot the second group. If that is wiped out, the vehicles will be triggered, so this skips some dialogue at the convoy and basically half the mission is fubar. Well not really, but at least goes differently than you intended.

79nyqeq3.jpg 2g37dknd.jpg hesrd5vc.jpg sk3i3dvr.jpg

I made an helo insertion under the cliffs
which is very cool! :)

but the Little Bird doesn't fly away properly after insertion, it keeps hovering in the vicinity and stays audible all the time, very irritating and not logical as well (the chopper is useless now since it is not armed, it will just waste fuel and be in potential danger, so it should fly back to base).

And after the Comanche has done its job, it is ordered away as well, and I experienced that it crashed shortly after it was out of sight. Did you make it crash on purpose? Better would be to let it fly 10 km away into the sea, like with the other chopper, before you set damage to 1 to delete it.

Edited by Brainbug

Ok, thanks for the info.

So, in mission 19, the texture has been removed.

I'll look later to add tracers ammo to the units.

In mission 20, the enemies are now better hidden so are the enemy Ifrits.

The MH-9 isue has also been removed and the Blackfoot now will climb up to 100m to ensure a safe altitude when done.

Please, tell me what you think of it now.

The link at armaholic is not updated, so I can't d/l it, and I'm not going to fiddle with the steam WS.

But it sounds like you fixed all the (small) issues. So I'd say keep the pace and shell out the next batch of missions :)

Ok, well, you can try it when I update the armaholic link ^^.

For now, mission 21 is WIP.

Plot: As SF operator, you're sent behind enemy lines to destroy some planes at the main airfield.

I've named it "sabotage", but I'm not happy with the name. There is something wrong, but dunno what.

If some of you have ideas about the name / title I could use for the mission, please share your view!

No picture yet.

However, there are some issues I couldn't repro like the "no player selected" and the order of the briefing.

Need to be checked in the armaholic file, missions have been better updated there.

I've just checked with the armaholic campaign file. I still have the "no player selected" error on "Radio Station"...

Really weird, I dunno where it can come from.

In these missions, the player is selected, so I don't understand how it can say this - especially as the player can go on and still play the mission.

And so, thanks to Brainbug, the title of mission 21:

Birds Fowler.

Overview picture

158217image296.jpg

I guess I'm not looking in the right places but for the love of me I can't find the Alamut to take out the Ifrit on the Sub-extraction mission...

One dead enemy should have one.

Search the area, you'll find it.

Really weird, I dunno where it can come from.

In these missions, the player is selected, so I don't understand how it can say this - especially as the player can go on and still play the mission.

I assume that is because of the intro or outro block in the mission.sqm, something (units) is in there and thus this block is somehow active even if there is no intro happening. In classes Intro, OutroWin and OutroLoose, only the arrays addons[] and addonsAuto[], a variable randomSeed and the class Intel{} should be present, nothing else.

Well, I always used copy/past for all my missions, it's weird it happens in some and not in other ones...

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

A small changelog for the next release:

In mission 5, you can find smoke on your dead comrades.

In mission 8 and 10, the soldiers who were sitting now react when an enemy is spotted.

Edited by Wiki

Nevermind

Edited by Wiki

Mission 21 'Birds Fowler' is out now!

Enjoy and provide feedback guys!

Briefing complete!

Edited by Wiki

Nevermind

Edited by Wiki

Mission 22 is in progress now.

It's called "Slammer"

Not yet, just training for now.

But don't worry, tank battle are coming :-)

Here is the overview picture

331798image684.jpg

Mission 22 'Slammer' is now available!

Mission 23 'Iron Fist' is WIP.

Here is the overview picture

382671image874.jpg