Wiki

[Campaign] Operation Aegean Spear

Ok, so as loot is useless before you go to LZ, I don't need to modify it :p

Yeah. But the player don't know the loot is useless. ;) Anyway, it's ok.

I will check the thick, but I remember I didn't see the thick after I restart arma.

Mission 6 is WIP, release scheduled soon.

Images/lostdog.jpg missing in the first mission. And you were right, 3rd mission is thicked.

And probably i found why the fireing range is skipped: first time I didn't find the rangemaster and I enter to the range in the other side. Probably I triggered a trigger earlier. If there is a trigger in range 4, make it smaller.

Edited by bardosy

Ttttttt, bad boy!

You didn't follow the WP :p

You're supposed to report to the main entrance of the firing range, not to sneak on the side ^^

I'll check that picture, thanks for report.

Yeah, yeah, I told you I don't see the WPs... :D

OK. Mission 4th is done. It was great too. One suggestion:

the end of the mission was too sterile, if you understand me. It could be great add to more "battle" behind us:

* there is a putable sound object "battle" or something. It create big noise.

* you can create a few explosion: big ones behind us, small ones next to us. It will hurry the player but not dangerous.

* or you can set the player and a few west solder to setCaptive true and add real CSAt soldiers behind us. They will shoot us, but not the player.

These could create a deeper mood of "we are outnumbered". Now we just run from nothing.

Edited by bardosy

Er,

you've got 4 T-100 coming your position and no IFV any more.

It's not that you're outnumbered, but you're outgunned ^^.

However, you're right, I may add explosion, I'll see what I can do.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Well, as requested by bardosy, I added some mortars firing at Panagia when you're ordered to retreat.

Sorry for the spoilers, I edited my comment and add spoiler block.

So, about the mission 4th:

Yes, I saw the T-100 tanks, but they didn't seems too dangerous, because just stand there and don't fire. Of course if they REALLY fire, it's ruined the mission, but if they could fire AROUND us, it could be fantastic. I don't know how it could be, but I read about invisible targets, so if you can create invisible targets for T-100 in the village and the hill side and you can force them to fire with gun and MG. It could add a big-big plus to the end of this mission.

Oh, and thanks for the mortar fires!

Mission 5:

It's probably my fault - I'm very tired - but we was slaughtered in the ambush. Not just me, but my all squad.

It was my first try, so I will try it again, but players not always tolerate this. ;)

I did a very same ambush in my campaign and I set the ambushers' recoil settings to high and aiming accuracy low, but spotting and aggressive values to high. So the ambushers fire to the player's team very well, but not kill the team is 3 seconds.

This is what I set on enemy AI:

{
_x setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["aimingShake", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["courage", 1];
_x setSkill ["spotDistance", 1];
_x setUnitRecoilCoefficient 10;
} foreach [res1,res2,res3,res4,res5,res6,res7,res8];

Ok, thanks for the tip.

But, where do you write this?

res1...res8 are the name of ambushers. And you can put it into init.sqf or I just in a sqf what is run by a trigger. But because your ambush is in the very begining, put in int init.sqf

Mission 5 modified, thanks to bardosy.

Mission 7 is in progress.

I also think about making a promotion video, showing highlights of the campaign.

What do you think about it?

The other nomines make more videos then missions. I disagree with them. But one video could gain a few voters, so do it!

Mission 7 is in progress.

I also think about making a promotion video, showing highlights of the campaign.

What do you think about it?

I think this is a good idea and can potentially expose your good work to people who will not know about it without a video.

However, I would start with the images you used. Their setting is great but their quality is low. Just for the sake of the picture, switch Arma to Ultra graphic settings when you take them. Even FPS 1 is great for a picture! ;)

Mission 5:

Ok, now I could survive, but my team all dead, but I know this is what you want.

This mission - I know it was your intention - is very similar to those OFP mission what I didn't like :) when I was totally alone. Fortunately your mission was much shorter than those nighmereish missions. :P

Mission 6:

First I die in the briefing room, because I got the order to 'take cover' but the next second I died. Revert the mission and didn't wait for the briefing I run away and survived the briefing room.

I run up and down in the airfield while I didn't see your waypoint (finally I see it!) so I run into this building.

Then I try a lot, but finally gave up.

1. Pls add a backpack there (a big one to can store 3 rockets).

2. I have a little similar task in one of my mission and I also cannot do it easily: the chopper very well defend against personal AA launchers. So I shoot many rockets without success, because the Orcas always drop countermeasures and my rocket missed. If you can solve somehow to get the countermasures from the rocket, it would be great (and please tell me how).

3. Or give us more time between the choppers.

Glad you enjoyed mission 5.

It's short but it put the keep the story on the tracks.

Concerning mission 6, in the briefing room, you have a crates with bags that you can take.

As for the fact that you die soon after the "take cover" order, it's normal as the HQ is supposed to take a direct hit.

So, if I were you, I would take the bag during the briefing and move to the WP as soon as the bombing begins - this is how it's meant to be played in fact, to force the player to move - and see the jets attack on the airfield.

Then, when you reach the shelter, you have different launcher (non fuided, guided against vehicle and guided agaisnt aircraft) and a hint to tell you how to use them.

The assault/transport choppers can be taken out with NLAW whereas the IFV must be taken out by guided missiles.

If you're lucky, you can shoot the attack chopper - but didn't succeeded myself.

can you retry the mission that way? and tell me if it still bugs?

thanks

It's not a bug!!! It's only hard enough. ;) And I just make suggestions to make it easier, but you have not to do this. Probably, I'm not the best player :)

Of course I will try it again and again.

Other thing: your video idea is great and important. We, who made missions, always forgot how PR is important. I made a very good campaign and I have x subscribers, but now I start a new campaign (with a video and a not-so-related-but-cool-enough picture) and I have more subscribers than x. It's maybe sad, but this is how world works. So do make a video and cool-look pictures. People like it.

In mission 5, I've remade the

Neophron gun run

as there were issues with it for some people.

Please, try again and tell me whether it works better or not.

I'm also working on a fix in mission 6, as people find it too hard.

@bardosy: you're not the only one, Mathias Eichenger also told me it was too hard.

I need some people to be beta tester on my missions.

If you're interested, send me a PM please.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

overview picture from mission 7: enjoy!

122039image881.jpg

Mission 7 should be available soon.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Mission 7 is out!

Edited by Wiki

Mission 8 is out!

Mission 9 is on the track.

Haven't received a lot of feedback guys, I would appreciate if you ever tested one (or more) of my missions.

Thanks

Already voted and supported... hope you fix your problem with the campaign file, I enjoy them better when properly playing from the campaign tab (so each mission should be accomplished in order to proceed to the next...)

The plan is still a roundup of 30 missions (you´ve said these 9 missions are part 1, so it will be a tryptic campaign, just like Eastern Wind)? It really feels like OPF campaign, as someone already fedback

cheers!

Thanks for voting and supporting.

Glad you like them.

About the campaign file, there is no problem with it, only the overview pictures not showing up - otherwise it works fine.

Concerning the number of missions, I still plan something like 30 or 40 missions - and I will release it as a whole thing - not in episodes.

However, it will probably like what I've done so far, misison by mission - every mission done is released.