Wiki

[Campaign] Operation Aegean Spear

BTW, I already have my story/roadmap done, however if you people have ideas or wishes, you can still submit them, I'll see whether I'll use them or not :)

I already trust this will be a fun and enjoyable mission because I have played your A2 missions before.

If you are going to enter the MANW, you may want to put yourself into the role (shoes) of BIS judges and think of what they want to see.

I don't know for sure but I will assume that they want to see all aspects of what Arma has to offer, in vanilla format.

Perhaps using land, armor, sea and air vehicles, Arma scripts, Arma music.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

But who really knows what BIS is thinking, right?

I already trust this will be a fun and enjoyable mission because I have played your A2 missions before.

If you are going to enter the MANW, you may want to put yourself into the role (shoes) of BIS judges and think of what they want to see.

I don't know for sure but I will assume that they want to see all aspects of what Arma has to offer, in vanilla format.

Perhaps using land, armor, sea and air vehicles, Arma scripts, Arma music.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

But who really knows what BIS is thinking, right?

Thanks for your kind words :-)

As said, I'll try to do something like CWC or my campaign Opération Licorne.

All the assets are planned to be used - just check the characters ;-)

I hope it will be a good one and people will enjoy

Missions 1 & 2 are done.

I may need testers for it, so please send me PM or answer here.

Thanks.

Your bases! Don't forget to include your base templates you've been working on. Now is the time to show-piece them in the missions.

Already done mate ahah.

Do you wanna playtest them?

Hi guys.

Here are (so far), the names of the released and planned missions:

.Training

.Arrival

.Investigation

.Unexpected Guests

.Under Pressure

.Hasty Departure

.Survivors

.Safe Return

.Back to Stratis

.Spearhead

.JTAC

.Hades 5-1

and more to come!

Mission 4 is WIP at the moment, should be released by the end of the week - if everything goes as planned.

I may finally make more missions than I previously intended to.

You can count on 30 (maybe more) missions.

I may finally make more missions than I previously intended to.

You can count on 30 (maybe more) missions.

Wiki, you are a beast! Looking forward to a long high quality campaign that I can forget myself in.

Ahah, thanks buddy.

Be advised though, some missions are quite short - but interesting anyway (I hope)

Mission 4 is out.

Wiki, how can I create a mission collection on Steam Workshop? I want to do the same to my campaign.

Can't remember well, I think you need to publish your mission first, then click on "Add to a collection" and then create your own collection.

Thank you, it was the good guide direction. I found it and create my own.

Oh, and I voted to your campaign.

you're welcome mate, and thanks for voting ^^

Mission 5 is in progress, should be out soon!

Mission 5 is out now.

Mission 1:

a, the obstacle course was a little bit confused to me, I thought the other direction, so I had to be run on it twice: first back and the forward. Probably it's my fault, but if you put colored arrows or any mark, even the rookies will not miss it. ;)

b, the firing range completely skipped. It was what you want? When I arrived to the master of firing range I got the order to report marshal without fire a single bullet.

c, from marshall to helicopter I use a quad, because I saw it's a very long way to back to the gate and back again to helicopter. If there is a shorter way, please mark it. If there is no, it's very good.

The scenery was outstanding! Great and very detailed job! Congrat.

Oh and one more suggestion - if you like details - the ghosthawk could be transport at least one more other person. It's a little bit odd to transport only one private with a 4 crew helicopter. But it's not important.

Edited by bardosy

Thanks for feedback and kind words bardosy.

Concerning the course, there are WP to show you where to go - but I gotta admit that they're almost invisible in ArmA 3.

Concerning the firing range, it's weird, cause the guy should order you to shoot some rounds and then you have some time (1 or 2 minutes) to do so.

Do you use mods? They can be game breaking. If yes, try again after you disable them.

Concerning the quad, indeed you have to take it, there should be a hint telling you to do so.

About the ghosthawk, it's said that it needs to go to Stratis, but not to transport another squad - just like in the last mission of CWC (statut quo).

You really think it's needed?

No, it's not needed, just a suggestion.

But back to firing range:

I go to the master and he told me to shoot some round and immediately continue with something like "well done, nice shooting" and then I got the new order to report to marshall. So I could fire any bullet.

I don't use any mod (I don't like mods, I try to make mod-free missions). Oh, and I got a strange error message at the begining of the mission about a missing picture or something. But I just press OK and start the mission.

Anyway, I'm now in the 3rd mission and until this I feel this is what many people need - I mean not the 3rd mission, but something like your campaign - a very simple missions BUT linked in a string of a STORY! Loveable/hateable characters... The development of the main character.

I just saw a interview with Sid Meier (the developer of Civilization) and he told, if a player has stories in a game and he can told these stories in the office at lunch time, he will remember for that game forever. And your campaign is like that. Very close the original OFP campaign (I know, it was what you want) and everybody remember to CWC (and even Resistance), but honestly I don't remember any character or moment of Sahrani campaign (Oh wait, I remember the first mission of Queen Gambling...!)

So keep up the good work.

And if I report here what I found odd or issue or suggestion, take it as a support, not criticism. And do what you want to do with it. It's your campaign!

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

About mission 3: great and simple mission!

It was a little odd, ghosthawk come and just stand in the air, until I drop the smoke. I know it's not easy - I got the same critics with one of my mission - but I could manage it to helicopter circle around the LZ until he got an order to land. But unfortunately "circle" was not realistic too. So it's up to you.

Mission 4: What I really need is a briefing inventory. But I really understand, it's not a free market, it's army, you can work what you got. But in mission 3, I absolutely blind with that CQB sight. We have to fight from long distance, we have to protect the IFVs from the AT guys, but I see nothing without a scope (I don't need a sniper scope, just a little bit better then CQB). And it's enough if you put it in the truck at the begining, so player can pick it up, or leave it.

Hum, that's weird.

I will check this out, but it shouldn't happen like this.

Is it every time you tried it, or did it happen only once?

The error message about the picture is weird too. Does it tell you the name of the missing picture?

I'm glad you like the way I'm making it, as a story to be followed, that's my point, so if I succeeded so far, it's cool :)

COncerning mission 3, I can have the chopper circle around the area before landing, but in fact, as the player is supposed to smike the LZ when he has the chopper in sight, the helo shouldn't hover too long - or shouldn't at all. I'll check this out too.

Concerning mission 4, only squad leaders have medium range optics. I think it's most of the case in the US army now - squad leader and marksman - or am I wrong?

ANyway, if you think a medium range optic is needed, I'll change it for the player gameplay pleasure ;)

COncerning mission 3, I can have the chopper circle around the area before landing, but in fact, as the player is supposed to smike the LZ when he has the chopper in sight, the helo shouldn't hover too long - or shouldn't at all. I'll check this out too.

It's my fault, but I spent too much time at the town and my squad is approaching to the LZ earlier. So GhostHawk was coming and hoovering in one spot until I catch up to my squad and drop the smoke.

Concerning mission 4, only squad leaders have medium range optics. I think it's most of the case in the US army now - squad leader and marksman - or am I wrong?

ANyway, if you think a medium range optic is needed, I'll change it for the player gameplay pleasure ;)

As far as I know, soldiers of US military (army and usmc) can buy any equipment as they want. I read a lot of article/blog by US soldiers how they upgrade his equipment non-officialy. E.g.: I read about a soldier who replace his standard M16A2 to an upgraded M14 - it was very odd to me, but I believed it.

So probably you are right if we see the official equipment. But for fun it could be great if even the player can choose an optic.

(the helicopter hoovering happened because I spent an extra time at town to loot our dead lightMGer for his scope)

One tiny problem: after I finished the 3rd mission it didn't thicked at the scenario-tree at main menu. It's not a big deal. And I will try the 1st mission again to check the picture name and the fireing range.

Ok, so as loot is useless before you go to LZ, I don't need to modify it :p

Ok, I will change the player's optics in mission 4, would be easier and funnier for him ^^

Concerning the mission that didn't thicked up in the tree menu, I think it's normal, it may takes some time, and will appear after you revert to main menu and then go back to scenario menu.