Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Server not showing when switching fron Gamespy to Steam

As previously linked too by SnR for those too lazy to click a link :)

to show up on steam a server has to:

1. be known to the steam master server

2. answer requests by all the steam clients

to check whether your server is known to the steam master you can visit

(replace EnterYourServerIpHere with the IP of your server)

(instead of EnterYourServerIpHere you can use EnterYourServerIpHere:steamQueryPort to filter for a specific steamQueryPort on that IP)

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=EnterYourServerIpHere

you should get something like:

{
"response": {
	"success": true,
	"servers": [
		{
			"addr": "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2301",
			"gmsindex": 65534,
			"appid": 107410,
			"gamedir": "Arma3",
			"region": -1,
			"secure": false,
			"lan": false,
			"gameport": 2302,
			"specport": 0
		}
	]

}
}

with multiple servers on the same ip you should get multiple servers in the response

make sure that inbounding udp traffic on the steamQueryPort (default is 27016 - or the one you've definded in the server.cfg) can reach your server

e.g. when sitting behind a NAT forward udp traffic on the steamQueryPort to your server

when behind a firewall allow in/outbounding udp traffic on the steamQueryPort

You're not changing ports and making things worse youre simply adding the correct steam port..

taken from the wiki;

SERVER 1

2300 UDP (steamport)

2301 UDP (Steam query port)

2302 UDP (used for game)

2303 UDP (used for server reporting)

2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2300-2305

and leave at least 10 ports between the next server set

SERVER 2

2320 UDP (steamport)

2321 UDP (Steam query port)

2322 UDP (used for game)

2323 UDP (used for server reporting)

2324 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2325 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2320-2325

leave at least 10 ports then repeat the process for No3 server etc

would someone please be so kind and tell me where exactly I have to change what?

I went through the whole thread and tried all the things that were mentioned here but nothings helps. My or better our server(s) dont show up at all.

These are some details:

result from http://api.steampowered.com

{
"response": {
	"success": true,
	"servers": [
		{
			"addr": "ourRootServerIP:27016",
			"gmsindex": 65534,
			"appid": 107410,
			"gamedir": "Arma3",
			"region": -1,
			"secure": false,
			"lan": false,
			"gameport": 2314,
			"specport": 0
		}
	]

}
}

the .bat file which we are using to start a server:

"arma3server.exe" -ip=ourRootServerIP -port=2302"-config=arma3server_Memphis.cfg" "-profiles=arma3server_Memphis" "-name=Memphis" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=2047 "-mod=@cba_a3;@A3MP;@ctab;@massi;@rh_m4;@rh_pistols;@HAFM;@IanSky_Scope_Mod;@CAF_AG1.5"
exit
:: 

Global settings from our server.cfg

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "[sIM] ARMA SIM - COOP III";				// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "hidden";								// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "hidden";						// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";		// This is the default setting. If you change this, your server 
steamPort = 2300;
steamQueryPort = 2301; 

Did you see my post?

It seems that the in-game Steam server browser is just extremely slow. Servers will show up eventually, but it takes a few minutes (making it pretty much useless).

We can see our server in the Steam server listings (not in-game but on the desktop client) so we know it's working, BI just need to sort out the issues with the in-game browser. Looks like we'll just have to wait this one out. Until then, Arma now has a divided vanilla community.

Since your server is getting a result from steampowered.com, that confirms that it's working. Like I said, your server probably is showing up on the server listings, but it can take a very long time. We have to wait until BI updates their steam server listing integration.

the server in your steam api reply has 27016 as steamQueryPort (which is the default one if it wasn't changed in the server.cfg)

and its gameport is 2314 - not the 2302 you've set in your batch-script

so it looks like the server.cfg isn't loaded at all by your server and the "-port="-switch isn't recognized (or there was another server running on that port and the 2nd server automatically changed the gameport to 2314)

if that's not a copy&paste error you're missing a whitespace between -port=2302" and -config=arma3server_Memphis.cfg"

Edited by Master85
wording

Thanks to both of you @Goodson and @Master85, I am in nightshift at the moment and will try to check the mentioned things tomorrow.

What you've said (Goodson) sounds like a hard time for the ArmA Community...I really hope that BIS will find a way to solve this issue.

Thanks guys, I'll report back tomorrow about what I figured.

Global settings from our server.cfg

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "[sIM] ARMA SIM - COOP III";				// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "hidden";								// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "hidden";						// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";		// This is the default setting. If you change this, your server 
steamPort = 2300;
steamQueryPort = 2301; 

I've had the same problem this evening with a new server, commenting out the reportingIP line did the trick for me although I had to wait till the game had a list of 1300+ servers before mine would show. I starred it and after a couple of hours it started showing up a lot earlier. Don't know if this will be much help to you but thought I'd throw it out there

Edited by theirongiant