Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Server not showing when switching fron Gamespy to Steam

Ok, then why are others attempting to rectify the issue via their ports ? Is there more information on setting up -ip startup parameter ?

I don't use -ip and have the exact same issue - no amount of setting ports in the cfg and then forwarding them is doing any good.

I've been using TADST for a while and still have it set to report to gamespy, but clicking on Steam at the multiplayer browser shows it.

When you launch arma3server.exe do you see 1.18 pop up in the top of the console after a few seconds?

If not, what addons are being loaded server side?

My issues it this, on steam it doesnt recognise the hostname of the server, and just show it up as "another GamerServer.com hosted server" and I join it, but in gamespy I can see it listed and now I can join it. So steam see our server named as something else but not what is stated under the hostname in the server.cfg file. So not sure what I need to do to fix this.

Also can you tell me, whether the does it matter whether or not the -port is before the -ip or after it. As the -ip shows our servers address and -port shows the correct port for our server. However the qtqueryport is 9014. Anyone know qtqueryport is correct.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

My issues it this, on steam it doesnt recognise the hostname of the server, and just show it up as "another GamerServer.com hosted server" and I join it, but in gamespy I can see it listed and now I can join it. So steam see our server named as something else but not what is stated under the hostname in the server.cfg file. So not sure what I need to do to fix this.

Edited by thdman1511
added additional query

Also can you tell me, whether the does it matter whether or not the -port is before the -ip or after it. As the -ip shows our servers address and -port shows the correct port for our server. However the qtqueryport is 9014. Anyone know qtqueryport is correct.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

ok you have either not changed the server name in your .cfg file or you have not giving the startup line the name of your cfg file

My Servers show up with HIGH Ping on the server browser (steam) but if i refresh, it retains it's lower ping. Can Someone clarify as to what might be causing this issue?

I'm seeing multiple people pointing at multiple directions, in this thread i've been seeing people having working servers with port set to 2302/2303 in the server.cfg, while the Arma 3 Dedicated Tutorial says 8766 and it has the reportingip to gamespy enabled, is it messing up anything? I saw the history on that page and it seems that they changed the page from 2302 to 8766.

also for me its really confusing... can't get the server to show up in steam. Only gamespy. Tried both linux native and wine windows config. Any fix for this? Tried all cfg file settings with the ports and the reporting ip entry.

its frustrating same here on both linux and windows. Whats up with our servers after end of this month?

i think bohemia should reply here and help us with config before end of month

*push* new release but the same issue. i am unable to see my gamservers which are running on 1.20 windows server instance. disable the windows server firewall (security risk) does nothing. problem still there.

Well due to the issue with not being able to get onto our server and nothing suggested worked, our clan has decided to abandon Arma 3 Altogether. And there has been nothing specific coming out from BI in regards to this issue. The member who owned the server has had enough of not being able to access the server to play missions in multiplayer. Our clan server will end when in August. So unless a real solution is sorted out by then, Our clan will definitely be saying goodbye to Arma 3.

After searching for a fix I finally figured out how to make your server show under the steam tab;

in your server config the steam port and query port must be "in line" with your servers port, if your server is running on 2302 then add this to your config;

steamPort = 2300;

steamQueryPort = 2301;

this fixed mine.

Before this last patch (1.20) the Dedicated server was showing up no problem

Now it's only on Gamespy, when that is shut down like soon! what then?

People should not have to be changing ports and risk making things worse.

Bis patch caused the problem, so they have got to fix this before Gamespy shuts down

Before this last patch (1.20) the Dedicated server was showing up no problem

Now it's only on Gamespy, when that is shut down like soon! what then?

People should not have to be changing ports and risk making things worse.

Bis patch caused the problem, so they have got to fix this before Gamespy shuts down

You're not changing ports and making things worse youre simply adding the correct steam port..

taken from the wiki;

SERVER 1

2300 UDP (steamport)

2301 UDP (Steam query port)

2302 UDP (used for game)

2303 UDP (used for server reporting)

2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2300-2305

and leave at least 10 ports between the next server set

SERVER 2

2320 UDP (steamport)

2321 UDP (Steam query port)

2322 UDP (used for game)

2323 UDP (used for server reporting)

2324 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2325 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2320-2325

leave at least 10 ports then repeat the process for No3 server etc

There was not a problem before! people should not have to be changing anything FGS even if they know how. It should be corrected by Bis they screwed it up.:confused:

Edited by jgaz-uk

It should be corrected by Bis they screwed it up.:confused:

Might be a case of fixing a problem for some people and causing a new one for others.

Gamespy seems to be down now, and I still can't get my server to show up with any of the suggestions listed in the thread. Situation unchanged since Steam browser was introduced. :(

You're not changing ports and making things worse youre simply adding the correct steam port..

taken from the wiki;

SERVER 1

2300 UDP (steamport)

2301 UDP (Steam query port)

2302 UDP (used for game)

2303 UDP (used for server reporting)

2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2300-2305

and leave at least 10 ports between the next server set

SERVER 2

2320 UDP (steamport)

2321 UDP (Steam query port)

2322 UDP (used for game)

2323 UDP (used for server reporting)

2324 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)

2325 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

so open ports 2320-2325

leave at least 10 ports then repeat the process for No3 server etc

That doesn't help the issue. The servers are still not visible in steam only gamespy. I read that info somewhere else... no luck with that so far.

and here the same i have used this port settings since 6 month or something like this and it dont worked the whole time.

is it right that todays is the last gamespy day?

Edited by nightshift

That doesn't help the issue. The servers are still not visible in steam only gamespy. I read that info somewhere else... no luck with that so far.

hmm I've had this issue for a while and this is what made mine show up under the steam tab of the browser.. also its not as other people have stated about the correct spelling mine shows up all the time by adding the correct steam ports....

What server port are you using? Where are you defining your port? What steam port are you using? Where are you defining it?

this is what fixed mine;

In my start up for the server i define the port -port 2302

in the servers config.cfg

i define the steam ports

steamPort = 2300;

steamQueryPort = 2301;

Now, this may have maybe just fixed mine and could be a complete different issue but I had the same problem and couldn't fix it until i tried that. would be nice if the devs would state an answer on the issue.....

edit: also make sure those ports are open in your firewall

Edited by ChillaSteve
forgot

hmm I've had this issue for a while and this is what made mine show up under the steam tab of the browser.. also its not as other people have stated about the correct spelling mine shows up all the time by adding the correct steam ports....

What server port are you using? Where are you defining your port? What steam port are you using? Where are you defining it?

this is what fixed mine;

In my start up for the server i define the port -port 2302

in the servers config.cfg

i define the steam ports

steamPort = 2300;

steamQueryPort = 2301;

Now, this may have maybe just fixed mine and could be a complete different issue but I had the same problem and couldn't fix it until i tried that. would be nice if the devs would state an answer on the issue.....

edit: also make sure those ports are open in your firewall

This doesn't seem to work for me. However before the latest update changing the steam port to the server port worked and now it doesn't it seems completely random things work for random people which is the classic tell tell signs of a glitch. Sadly only a minority are getting it and with no one actually getting to the root of the cause its probable that its gonna stay.

@ChillaSteve

I do the same...as yours. -port=2302 and in server config.cfg 2300 and 2301. Also 2nd server runs on port 2362, steam ports 2360 and 2361. Tried both, wine and Linux native.

Follow the advise in this Post

It seems that the in-game Steam server browser is just extremely slow. Servers will show up eventually, but it takes a few minutes (making it pretty much useless).

We can see our server in the Steam server listings (not in-game but on the desktop client) so we know it's working, BI just need to sort out the issues with the in-game browser. Looks like we'll just have to wait this one out. Until then, Arma now has a divided vanilla community.