Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Server not showing when switching fron Gamespy to Steam

Server not showing in serverbrowser when client changing from gamespy to steam.

Are there something needed in server.cfg to make visible in steambrowser-version ?

with newest 1.18, our server is not showing up at all, they need to connect via IP

The steam list filter doesn't work with partial words, so you need to use complete words for it to work. Was my problem at least. SITREP-00051 had a mention of this.

The steam list filter doesn't work with partial words, so you need to use complete words for it to work. Was my problem at least. SITREP-00051 had a mention of this.

What exactly do you mean by "partial words"? My server has the same issue as above.

if your servername is "MyAwesomeServerName stuff" and you filter for "MyAwesomeServer" it won't show up, only filtering for "MyAwesomeServerName" or "stuff" would work

You can check if this is your problem by removing all filters and going through the list and checking if your server is on it. If it isn't your problem is something else.

Edited by Leshrack
additional stuff

Oh you're talking about name filters. Okay. That doesn't resolve the issue of servers not showing up on Steam listings vs on Gamespy listings

Well that is exactly that, the steam list doesn't work with partial words, the gamespy list would work in the example i gave

Edited by Leshrack
typo

It's more than a filter issue for me. I can filter correctly (or not filter at all), and my DS is not listed on Steam, but only on GS.

Similar issue. Spending hours now changing .cfg ports and firewall ports trying to find it. If anyone has a clue let us know. Filters are not an issue here.

working fine for me once I followed the rule about using complete words in the filter. For example if your server is called "MegaServer" then searching for MEGA will not work but MEGASERVER will work. If your regulars are used to searching for the word MEGA then just put the word MEGA in the name but make sure there is a space between it and neighbouring words. e.g. "MegaServer Mega". Caps don't seem to matter. Use the "remote" button in the browser and type the IP and port name in if you are trying to see if it is visible through your firewall.

^^ Is there an echo in here? ^^

[sOLVED]

Originally

reportingIP="arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";

IGNORE>>steamport=8766;

IGNORE>>steamqueryport=27016;

Changed to

//reportingIP="arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";

IGNORE>>steamport=8766;

IGNORE>>steamqueryport=27016;

If anyone else can confirm that reportingIP to gamespy is the issue that would be great. Not changing any more settings on my end seeing as I finally got it working. Also moved that line above the motd[]=. Probly not a factor though.

FYI USEFUL LINK

Go down to section on PORT FORWARDING (ArmA3) (Firewalls)

since i have several other servers running I assigned different ports for each and used an empty one for A3

Goodluck

[uPDATE]

Also found out the server default IP switched back to the old IP. Fixed that and same issue popped up, AGAIN. Then I used

steamport=2303;

//steamport=8766;

So i commented out the previous steamport, and It works?

I dont know anything about this stuff but im just gonna walk away from it and say its magic and wizardry and have fun Cause logic is out the window.

Edited by AZDooD
Magic

We currently are experiencing the same thing with an added bonus. We can see the server via direct IP but we can not connect at all. We did disable all the addons and then we could connect but the server would not read the missions from the bank. (Probably cause the addons weren't enabled.) I imagine that this is a problem with IP redirects. We only run one server and up until the patch yesterday everything was running fine. Once we patched the server disappeared and we cant see it on withSix or ingame searching but only via direct IP. But we cannot connect just sits at the loading screen.

commenting out reporting IP works

Why did BIS not just put something in the code to ignore it , I dunno

But at least this works now

I also put space around the chars we use to filter hc

Edited by shadowze

commenting out reporting IP didnt help anyting...

still listed on the gamespy list but not on the steamlist with partial filters...

Sorry about my post AZDooD, I didnt mean to insult your intelligence. I guess I hadnt read the thread properly but I didnt have to change anything in our server.cfg except the name of the server to make it easier for our regulars to find it using steam. We have 4 servers on one machine with one NIC and one IP and have the following in our .cfg files:

Server1:

steamport = 2330;

steamqueryport = 2331;

reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";

Server 2:

steamport = 2340;

steamqueryport = 2341;

reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";

Server 3 and 4 just follow on in the same way. Rcon port is then 2332 for server1 and there is a gap of 10 ports between server port ranges

In the server-browser, look in the up-right corner. Click once on Steam, to change it to Gamespy, worked for my group

For your server to show in the steam browser , you need a least one person in your server or the mission need to be running

. so try tell your friend to join via gamespy browser and check your steam browser , server will be there ...VOILA

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

In the server-browser, look in the up-right corner. Click once on Steam, to change it to Gamespy, worked for my group
For your server to show in the steam browser , you need a least one person in your server or the mission need to be running

. so try tell your friend to join via gamespy browser and check your steam browser , server will be there ...VOILA

Gamespy is closing later this month, so these are very much just temporary solutions.

I didn't even have reportingIP in my server.cfg, nor do I define any ports. I'm not behind NAT, I've tried with all firewalls disabled, and I still can't get my server to show up Steam-side. :/

simple solution that worked for our servers: the "steamPort = YOURPORT;" must be the same as the serverport. like e.g. steamPort = 2342 and the server port=2342 in your startup bat or how ever you start your server. also to mention, we still have the reportingip in the config file for gamespy. so it shows up under gamespy and steam. even tho no mission is running and the server is in the setup/creation mode, it is shown on the steam tab. may that solved the problem for you guys also.

Is there an official stance on this issue. Non of the above is working for my server instances.

It is related to -ip startup parameter. The server sends windows primary ip (which selects the lowest of addresses) to steam instead of you set in -ip.