lordheart

ITK - Insurgency ToolKit

I'd like to take the time to introduce a mod I have been working on to increase the depth of insurgency and counter-insurgency means.

ITK

ITK or Insurgency ToolKit, started as an idea to have a suicide vest for a particular mission but has since evolved into a more in-depth insurgency mod. Facilitating the construction of a variety of IEDs from components and allowing multiple detonation methods.

Videos: (These might be slightly out of date)

Latest video

Current Features:

• Multiple detonators (clacker, cellphone, pressure plate, deadman's switch, wire)
  • Multiple fuse lengths (short, long)
  • Potential for multiple explosive charges (currently only a mortar shell is configured)
  • Suicide Vest
  • Thor III, jammer
  • IED creation interface
  • Bomb creation (currently only via script)
  • Bomb defusal
  • Speed dial for cellphones
  • Possibility to take clacker object off a dead unit and gain the ability to detonate that unit's placed IEDs
  • Ability to attach IED's to vehicles (really poor implementation currently)
  • Inventory screen driven interaction (double clicking on clacker will detonate first placed IED, double clicking on IED component will start IED creation interface, etc.)

To-do list (for release):

• Models for IEDs and IED components
  • Better model for Thor III (currently using a A2 backpack that has an antenna)
  • Configure multiple charge types
  • Vehicle mounted jammers
  • Interface for Thor III
  • Model for suicide vest
  • Creation interface for suicide vest
  • Creation interface for bombs
  • Bomb defusal kit
  • Ability to access triggers when in vehicles (due to lack of inventory access when in vehicles)
  • Ability to gain access to cellphone's speed dial when looting dead body/backpack/etc.

Special thanks:

Rage - Introducing the idea of IED creation

Burga - Working on IED models

Also, maybe some scanner (via posprocessing) for bomb detection?

Wow pretty sure this is going to be a must have for any PvP insurgency game modes.

Also this looks like it should be in ACE.

Great job LordHeart, I love the idea of complexity and putting all of the items together.

+1!

Looks really promising! I am definitely looking forwards to seeing future progression with this.

Is this no longer a WIP?  Looking for a good Mine detector script for my new campaign....  Thanks

I take it that this project is completly abandoned yes?

A shame, looked promising!