Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

DR Skill (very simple AI accuracy fix)

In short: Reduce enemy AI accuracy and spotting, increase spotting by AI in the player's squad. (You can use either option or both simultaneously)

This is a very simple addon/script that sets AI units to more reasonable skill levels (less first-round 200 meter headshots over iron sights). The script loops every 10 seconds, detects any unregistered men and then gives them a certain skill level.

The default for each side is "Medium". The other options are "Low" and "High".

As of version 02 the addon also includes drSquadSkill.pbo, which sets the AI in the player's squad to very high spotting levels. I decided to make drSquadSkill as I found AI in my squad in SP and COOP performed terribly, even with drSkill running. I assume this is because the game expects the human squad leader to spot targets for them. With drSquadSkill running they are much better at spotting by themselves.

The addon version requires CBA 3, the script version does not.

Download (10.7 KB)

Edited by Drongo69

Thank you for this mod :)

I can't find a userconfig within the map.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@drskill.png

@ Drongo69;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

You can add a

+random 0.1

to each of the skills..

Add a little bit of variety and uncertainty to your AI skill sets.

Does this work with Zeus on a server?

Great!

Many thanks Sr. Drongo69!

I was wishing something like this!

The Readme has references about the "userconfig" folder but I dont see them on the downloaded file.

Is just me?

Oops, no userconfig is required. That is a cut and paste error. I wasn't even drinking :p

@Beerkan

I might add that, at least to non-accuracy skills.

@rzon

It should work with any and every mission. The only conflicts will be with other mods/scripts that alter AI skill. It shouldn't produce errors, but values set by one will be overwritten by the other.

Edited by Drongo69

First post updated. Now includes an option to improve the AI of the player's squad-mates.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yeah, I think you can go for variation with like +/- 10%, also maybe a preset "unknown skill" w. random skill per unit or per group...

I'm not sure. It is a very simple script, it will not generate conflicts, but its values may overwrite or be overwritten by the AI settings of those mods.

From reading the GAIA info I don't think it'll cause problems as its higher level behaviour for that. I have to assume the characteristics haven't changed from vanilla.

Only one way to find out: FIGHT!

No doubt, I wonder what happened. I would like to test this out right now.