Drongo69

[SP/COOP] Area Of Operations (Dynamic Mission Generator)

Did you change the player group in the editor to a NATO group?

No, I haven't. Never mind then.

First post updated with version 32. Changes:

• Added a Stratis version (AAF versus FIA)
  • Added the ability to specify the civilians and civilian vehicles to be spawned
  • Certain types of groups (Town Militia, POI, Zone, Vehicle) now only spawn with a single unit/vehicle and expand when a player comes into range (range defined in AO\Preferences.sqf)
  • Reduced the number of enemy squads in Defence missions to 3 (down from 8)
  • Rewrote AO\AI\AttackBase.sqf to use Move and SAD waypoints
  • Rewrote AO\AI\PatrolFar.sqf to use Guard waypoints
  • Rewrote AO\AI\PatrolVehicle.sqf to use Guard waypoints
  • Added AO\AI\AttackHelo.sqf for the Rescue mission
  • Disabled Real Weather by default
  • Reduced number of civilians spawned

Congrats for the *new release man.

I just forgot to *warn you about a strange behavior we have encountered in 31 version.

We couldn't finish a "Raid" mission..

After a heavy/sudden strike we have search for remaining enemies for some hour with no result-and yet no mission success

Maybe we miss someone-maybe he fled the area?

We r testing bCombat for the time being

The Raid mission should end when the target squad has less than 3 members. I assume that the squad fled the area. I am not sure what kind of orders bCombat gives to squads. Unless this happens a lot or is clearly a script error, I am not inclined to fix it. I think that this kind of result is a bit less "gamey" and adds unpredictability.

If it happens again, I can add some optional debug/marker code so you can check exactly what is happening.

Hey, thanks for your mod! :)

I have a "bug" and a question.

Bug:

I've started the mod on Stratis twice and it set an assault inside the base, so .... yeah big action, don't think that should happen :D

Question:

Where can I change the starting equipment? Would like to have more First Aid Kits on the AI, because I'm using a new mod, where it would be nice if the AI has more than 1 at the start.

User missions. On my PC this can be found in Libraries>Documents>Arma 3 - Other Profiles>Drongo>missions

Hi, I am having the same problem.

The folders are labeled with @AOv31.Atlis/Takistan

They are shown in the Scenarios but will not "Play".

Just to confirm, are you opening them in the editor? They won't be available in the missions list until you open them in the editor then save them. I provide them this way because I expect people will want to edit the missions to suit their own preferences.

Just to confirm, are you opening them in the editor? They won't be available in the missions list until you open them in the editor then save them. I provide them this way because I expect people will want to edit the missions to suit their own preferences.

You should add this into an "Installation" paragraph on the first post. I had the same problem, placing the mission in the editor save directory and running it from the editor is not something 99% of players would think of.

Also it would be nice if players could switch to playing West or AAF without learning the editor, e.g. if changing the setting in preferences.sqf actually changed the side and the unit. I don't mind playing on the Persian side, but not when my side speaks a language I can't understand. And learning the editor besides spawning a hunter and an ammo box to see how car inventories work will take too much time, it will be much better if a pro spawns the correct group with the correct settings.

Placing a group down in the editor is staggeringly simple. Have you tried it? After that you only need to set the units to playable and copy-paste the init line code. I won't be making the units spawned dependent on the scripted side, that would prevent people from using mods.

You should add this into an "Installation" paragraph on the first post. I had the same problem, placing the mission in the editor save directory and running it from the editor is not something 99% of players would think of.

But what he said here is very important. NO ONE is going to think nor know to put it in the editor and save it.

And what does that mean exactly? Do I have to play it in the editor or after saving it, I can place the missions in my missions folder?

You still have not put any directions/instructions in the first post for your thread.

It's just as "staggeringly simple" to put instructions on you first post as it is for him (neofit) to place a unit on the editor.

Thank you.

Kommiekat, I have been releasing missions in this format for a decade and nobody has had trouble before. Of course you open and save it in the editor, how else will variable changes and other edits take effect? Most people in this thread figured it out. As stated in the readme, they are provided this way for that exact reason.

I can understand newbies getting confused, but how have you played Arma for 5 years and you don't know what to do with user mission folders?

@teoleo

Copy the folders to user missions. On my PC this can be found in Libraries>Documents>Arma 3 - Other Profiles>Drongo>missions. Then open them in the editor.

Nevermind, i got it by myself.

Edited by Gwiddik