gmwo

Wander Panzer(WAP) MOD for ArmA3

TWO-FOOTS TANK! this is very awesome!:):):)

So does controlling feels different? From the video the movement controls seem to be smoother. Now the ultimate test is to go backwards :p.

It does indeed look easier to control. Added bonus is that you don't have to be in the mech to control it :p

It does indeed look easier to control. Added bonus is that you don't have to be in the mech to control it

Proxy warfare ;).

I just managed to fire up my PS2, it worked long enough for me to play a single Front Mission 5 scenario. Dear god! That game is awesome!

I would love to see a Code Geass version of this, with the knightmares having the same preformance as the anime.

I would love to see a Code Geass version of this, with the knightmares having the same preformance as the anime.

One of the things that makes it easier to recreate wanzers in Arma 3, as opposed to other mechs, is that wanzers are very much of military machines. They are sorta like tanks; best utilized as a combined arms vehicle that support other units. In fact in FM1 it has been stated that OCU won the Second Huffman War because of its tanks and not the wanzers. Other mech designs often enjoy incredible performance and are pretty much end-all wonder machines that makes other types of units obsolete.

Remember 8th Mobile Suit Team? It had infantry units knock out a fricking Zaku using only shoulder launched AT missiles. Also mechs in that series were very much of gritty military vehicle.

Although I must admit that cutscenes in FM do make wanzers look more awesome then actual gameplay.

Now that I think of it, the other real robot design that would go hand in hand with wanzers, was in Assault Suit Valken. An old game for SNES, but it was damn fun.

http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/1/157c4557b2fd132e10d9c55526e2ffb3.image.435x500.jpg

Now that I look at the design it has an uncanny resemblance to wanzers. I get the feeling that someone copied the design from someone else ;).

Edited by Taro8

The G Frost looks impressive but currently handles like a barge and flips over whenever it touches anything.

In fact in FM1 it has been stated that OCU won the Second Huffman War because of its tanks and not the wanzers.

Probably because tanks are low profile, have a low center of gravity and don't possess the glaring vulnerability of legs. Mech's only practical ability is stepping over obstacles, and unfortunately the WAPs in this mod can't do that (yet?).

Probably because tanks are low profile, have a low center of gravity and don't possess the glaring vulnerability of legs. Mech's only practical ability is stepping over obstacles, and unfortunately the WAPs in this mod can't do that (yet?).

Oi! Stop bringing reality up when talking about mechs! :p

What I had in my mind was that even though wanzers did a lot of the fighting, the tanks were still required to win the war. So wanzers arent so overpowerd when compared to other traditional hardware. Notice how in FM5 intro a flight of attack helicopters takes down 2 wanzers.

What I had in my mind was that even though wanzers did a lot of the fighting, the tanks were still required to win the war. So wanzers arent so overpowerd when compared to other traditional hardware. Notice how in FM5 intro a flight of attack helicopters takes down 2 wanzers.

I think so too:)

You know, forget about attack helicopters taking out wanzers. The Front Mission manga has a team of trained infantry, armed with AT launchers, hunting down isolated wanzers. They had a good gig going until a missile launcher wanzer got the idea where they were and killed them. It was very much like infantry-tanks relations.

Now that I look at the design it has an uncanny resemblance to wanzers. I get the feeling that someone copied the design from someone else ;).

If anyone copied anything it was FM; that series debuted 5 years before it. The only reason OCU won with their tanks was because that war was the first time wanzers had been deployed ever since they are spammed everywhere afterwards, though it is interesting that in that setting alot of the prototypes they come up with are tanks/helicopters/tank-helicopter hybrids. Anyways where you gonna update the wanzers to be like UAVs, gmwo??

Anyways where you gonna update the wanzers to be like UAVs, gmwo??

I'm sorry.It has not yet shown it at a test phase...:(

Hi dont know if feature or bug, but when i walk with those mechs, after few steps they stop walking and start sliding like they are on rolerskates or something. Can i prevent it somehow? i hate it.

I like the mod otherwise.

Hi dont know if feature or bug, but when i walk with those mechs, after few steps they stop walking and start sliding like they are on rolerskates or something. Can i prevent it somehow? i hate it.

I like the mod otherwise.

I haven't used it in a few weeks, but if I remember correctly you can disable the "skating" using Ctrl+W. It's a thing they did in Front Mission.

so, gmwo, did the UAV trick made wanzer's controls any better?

so, gmwo, did the UAV trick made wanzer's controls any better?

I think that the UAV trick made wanzer's controls better a little... But, from tests many new problems have engaged:(

So,I don't change the method of wanzer's control.

Fortunately,my friend designed a good script which can solve the problem which is FPS go down when player repeat get-out and get-in in MP!

I will reflect this script in next update:)

I think we need to picket BIS so they create new DLC that adds bipedal mechs and then use the new mechanics for this mod. Yup, thats a good plan. Now we need to start internet petition for this because they are SO effective.

^ Seconded. This Mod is something that I have been wanting to see for a long time. Keep up the great work. Hope to see more!

Edited by griff19dcav

Now that Im reading up on the wanzers I think that the ones in this mod may be too big (not talking about G Frost of course).

Here's the quote that made me think so:

Most wanzers are barely larger than MBTs or IFVs, a civilian cargo truck could carry three of them easily, it's spacious cockpit took most of the torso section (judging from cut-scenes). Also, they can easily jump onto and stand on top of buildings without damaging them, which actually provide noticable terrain effects. In comparison with Human Combatant/ pilots in 3, wanzers are only 2-3 times taller. Think Arm Slaves. Subverted in Evolved, where the wanzers are at least 8 meters tall instead of being 5-6 meters tall.

http://i32.mangareader.net/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style/1/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-2981427.jpg

http://i24.mangareader.net/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style/5/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-3443527.jpg Note that the guy in the picture is not tall at all.

It may be just me though, Im not good at judging height of stuff.

Edited by Taro8

Now that Im reading up on the wanzers I think that the ones in this mod may be too big (not talking about G Frost of course).

Here's the quote that made me think so:

http://i32.mangareader.net/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style/1/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-2981427.jpg

http://i24.mangareader.net/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style/5/front-mission-dog-life-dog-style-3443527.jpg Note that the guy in the picture is not tall at all.

It may be just me though, Im not good at judging height of stuff.

Using the comparison pictures they actually seem to be about the right height. Keep in mind that in both the pics you reference the mech is squatting a bit or kneeling.

As I said: Im not good at judging height, but if thats the case then cudos to gmwo for getting it right.

Hey! Could we have smaller "joke unit": the M Frost, that would be just about 2~3 times taller then normal soldier.

I really love this mod, its the first mod that I have seen that adds something almost completely new to Arma 3. I think you should apply for the make arma now war contest, I'm sure this will do amazing!

Also, I made a scenario with this mod if anyone wants to check it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=271797846&searchtext=

Edited by partimewizard

I updated!!:)

Changelog:

v1.10

- Fixed some bug.

- Changed Frost's pattern of color.

- Added joke unit "S Kyojun"(Height is about 2 meters like a human.S Kyojun have a HMG only.