gmwo

Wander Panzer(WAP) MOD for ArmA3

Hey, would it be possible to use some kind of inverse kinematics in order to animate legs and arms? Does Arma 3 support IK for vehicles (or at all?).

Maybe done or mentioned, but "missile engines" (the effect of fire spurting) would be nice on the back of the mechs when using fast forward maybe?

Nah, in Front Mission the roller dash (ie. the skating) is donly only by motors in legs. In FM3 the roller dash was a special upgrade that could be installed into legs with allowed to move in a straight line as far as pilot had AP's, bypassing the range the legs normally had.

Although wanzers could be equipped with jetpacks with allowed for some (very) limited flight. Mostly to bypass tall objects.

Edited by Taro8

Flying Wanzers .... we want flying wanzers :)

@gmwo can't you setSpeed 0; on them prior to the turn? Or would that be way to fast. I'm sure talented scripters will be able to tell you.

It was less of a flight and more of a rocket assisted jump. It could have been used to get wanzers on top of buildings like the living blocks in Chernogorsk.

As for speed: could we have a scripts that use set speed (8, 16, ~38), so wanzers wont speed up like some car when walking.

Also: roller dash should be removed as the top speed animation and instead should be a togglable mode. This way it will be easier to actually roller-dash anywhere without switching to walking each time you went up even smallest of hills. Also without massive top speed the wanzers will be easier to control.

Nah, in Front Mission the roller dash (ie. the skating) is donly only by motors in legs. In FM3 the roller dash was a special upgrade that could be installed into legs with allowed to move in a straight line as far as pilot had AP's, bypassing the range the legs normally had.

I always thought it was weird it was an upgrade in FM3 when they're dashing all over the place in FM5 and FM1 before that game takes place..anyway I noticied when I enter the WAP there is a weird bug where ai/player stop calling out targets and pretty much stop talking altogether..any idea what causes this? Reduced speed on them would be nice too, not so bad with Frost but kyojun 'walking' on the horizon at 80 km/h is hilarious

Thank you for this great MOD. I hope some day you can add the Reobotech mechs and this one... it´s a super clasic Mech:

tumblr_llh2o86wZA1qfouvdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_llh2o86wZA1qfouvdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_llh2o86wZA1qfouvdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_llh2o86wZA1qfouvdo4_1280.jpg

it´s a Mech from Metal Storm NES game.

Regards.

Sorry not enough ponies or unicorns on there.

We need PROPER mechs, mechwarrior style.

As for speed: could we have a scripts that use set speed (8, 16, ~38), so wanzers wont speed up like some car when walking.

Also: roller dash should be removed as the top speed animation and instead should be a togglable mode. This way it will be easier to actually roller-dash anywhere without switching to walking each time you went up even smallest of hills. Also without massive top speed the wanzers will be easier to control.

That's a good idea!

But, if roller dash mode to remake another scripts Which like afterburner mode of fighter (e.g. F/A 18 MOD), I am worried about the AI (not a human) cannot use roller dash mode...?

Sorry not enough ponies or unicorns on there.

If you are talking about my post, well, maybe you don´t know the Metal Storm Nes game, those pics are from a toy (yes I know it´s a toy but I don´t found better reference pics), also there are more mechs in Robotech / Macross also... if you don´t know there is another good kind Mechs / Robots in Heavy Gear Game.

Heavy+Gear+2+Manojentertainment.jpg

My only gripe with heavy gear was that all of the equipment and parts were available from the start and there was no shop or anything (is there any mod for that?). Although the mech designs were something up my alley.

Man, I need to play some Armored Core on my PS2. Now that was mech customization game.

I always preferred the Front mission, smaller mechs over MW.

I updated !

Changelog:

v1.08

- Added icons of WAP

- Changed enginePower

- Changed peakTorque

- Changed one man operating script (a few)

I forgot to write ,but changed the animation when Wanzerfall!!:)

Specifically,WAP's legs angle changes when engine of WAP is running ,and WAP's altitude is over 30 meters.

Thanks for the updates, gmwo! As usual, your mod is fun.

I kinda combined KK's epic armour drop script and Arctor's orbital entry friction thing and here is what I came up with...

;)

I just wonder: would anyone be willing to make even extremely simple "robot/mech" model that would be a character rather then vehicle? Just of the sake of experimenting with bipedal mech designs. All Im saying that few cubes put together will be enough, even if just human sized. The only thing it would need to have is the lack of any kind of stretching like when turning the torso or moving arms or legs.

Edited by Taro8

Asuseroako, that is great! I would drop them from a greater height to see more of the friction effect. Could you release your script for us?

I have been playing with large amounts of wanzers and it is awesome. However so we currently don't have good vehicle AI improvement scripts / addons there isn't many tactics shown by the wanzers. This is something that BIS need to do, or other talented coders to sort.

My biggest problem, that gmwo is already working on is getting the wanzers to face enemies.

Keep up the good work!

Hey, would it be possible to use some kind of inverse kinematics in order to animate legs and arms? Does Arma 3 support IK for vehicles (or at all?).

Although wanzers could be equipped with jetpacks with allowed for some (very) limited flight. Mostly to bypass tall objects.

Oh yeah i didnt mean flying. Just some effect when moving fast forward. Looks a bit weird when they move super fast with no effect.

But i got no clue of these things lol. :D

I kinda combined KK's epic armour drop script and Arctor's orbital entry friction thing and here is what I came up with...

Heres how to make it more awesome (and a bit closer to what could be seen in FM): if you have C-130 mod then have a script spawn it behind player at large distance and high attitude and have it fly over the drop point. When over the point have a wanzer spawn in under and behind the plane (just enough so they wont collide), this will make it look like wanzer was dropped out of the cargo plane. Let the wanzer fall from that high attitude, for extra awesome, before deploying the parachutes. Also, do away with the music theme, mkay ;). The knights of steel does not fit very well.

I'm actually really, really pleased that you guys seem to have taken such a name to the "Wanzerfall" term! :lol:

Hey so, I noticed on the front page that there's an update to change weapon load-outs? Just started doing some preliminary testing out, but was wondering how that could be performed? Want to give the missile mech a bit more to fall back on than shields. :P Is that possible?

*Edit* With some sleuthing, I found that your new weapon system is just switching. Which is still pretty freakin' awesome. I'm in love with this thing, and it works great with MCC. Looking forward to making great missions! (It would still be UBER awesome, if we could swap the weapons out on the Wanzers. Dreams big.)

Edited by ViolentlyShiny

I updated!!:)

Changelog:

v1.09

- Added joke unit "G Frost"(Height is about 18 meters like MS "GUNDAM".G Frost have a 120mm Machine gun, and a 2000Rnd 35mm Gatling!!)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hmmm having trouble locating the new G Frost in Zeus, although it does appear under CSAT in the editor. IT IS HUGE !

Nice work.

Any chance of fixing the crosshairs being off target based on left/right arm firing ?

Is it possible to resolve the one man wanzer problem by turning wanzers into an UGV similar to the stomper RCWS and then setting cargoCanControlUAV to 1? I've noticed in the config file that all UGVs have it set to 0. Hopefully, changing it will allow the person inside the wanzer to control it like as if he is using an UAV terminal.

I updated!!:)

Changelog:

v1.09

- Added joke unit "G Frost"(Height is about 18 meters like MS "GUNDAM".G Frost have a 120mm Machine gun, and a 2000Rnd 35mm Gatling!!)

Thanks for the update! Cool mod as always.

G Frost...that bad boy is HUGE!

Maybe you can include Bluefor G Frost also to compliment the current G Frost Opfor unit. ;)

Is it possible to resolve the one man wanzer problem by turning wanzers into an UGV similar to the stomper RCWS and then setting cargoCanControlUAV to 1? I've noticed in the config file that all UGVs have it set to 0. Hopefully, changing it will allow the person inside the wanzer to control it like as if he is using an UAV terminal.

Thank you for your advice !:)

I will test your idea!

th_WAPUGV_zps9010a175.jpg

So does controlling feels different? From the video the movement controls seem to be smoother. Now the ultimate test is to go backwards :p.