gmwo

Wander Panzer(WAP) MOD for ArmA3

The slaving idea might just work. I can't remember the mod where the chassis turned to face the enemy. It was something to do with improving armour survivability.

Found it Krem:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6968

- optional "towards enemy system", that in most cases should make AI-controlled, not moving tank to turn vehicle's front towards current main of nearby treats or towards enemy, that hit the tank. Included skill-based reflex factor;

Superb Savage! Been wracking my brains about it. I was even testing it at one stage!

@gmwo this should help with turning the chassis.

Thanks again Savage.

I really didn't think this would be the kind of thing you'd find as a mod for arma here :p Awesome work will test out!

Awesome! This was the mod the made me actually allow Arma 3 to run the update on Steam so I could play again. This is one step closer to my secret closet dream of Heavy Gear 1 recreated in a new engine.

For the author:

1)Would it not be easier to have the movement work so that you dont move forward if you let go of the W key?

2) Could you detail how you set this up in O2? What scripts/config tricks did you need to do?

It's always the japanese who come up with cool stuff like this :D

It's always the japanese who come up with cool stuff like this

Yeah and the communication is always the problem :p. Such are the rules of the universe I guess.

Still, joking aside: gmwo, you are doing awesome work, keep it up :thumb:.

This is one step closer to my secret closet dream of Heavy Gear 1 recreated in a new engine.

If gmwo somehow manages to work in the parts and weapon customization then... Damn it hand! STOP FAPPING!!

EDIT: Also: remove the second AI as well. It will be easier to manage a team of wanzers.

Edited by Taro8

Thanks for sharing this fun-tastic mod, gmwo. Keep up the excellent work. :icon_eek:

Personal preference:

instead of roller dashing/

I have to agree with you... while it may be true to the original to have the skating feature I don't think it works well in Arma. I find after a few minutes the walking/skating becomes hard to manage and the animations get a bit wonky. Perhaps a way to force "limited" speed on all the units?

Very fun mod!!

I have been thinking and I agree with you guys. walking Wanzers look much cooler. Here's an idea: wanzers walk and instead of roller dashing when going faster, they run instead (like in FM4). Roller dash may be an alternative mode of moving, but walking-then-running sounds pretty cool if you ask me.

But there are lotsa SP and MP missions on steamworkshop featuring those Mechas... just take a look and use the search button ;)

I like the idea of some faster running animations and dual propulsion modes. I'd also like to see something like afterburners from aircraft mods that have an on/off function turned into jump jets with a variable input level function (toe break or throttle) for mechs. I'm a fan of the MechWarrior style military mechs from the BattleTech universe and can see that what gmwo is doing here will one day make those and other mech series very possible to implement in ArmA.

Has anyone noticed issues with these units not moving correctly after say 20 minutes into a mission? I've also noticed the Get Out function being delayed for some time (ie: in a mech, select Get Out, unit doesn't actually get out of the mech for some time)** It seems to be some kind of scripting issue that bogs down the server. It really screws up the AI that are driving/gunning the mechs they end up just standing still after a while.

This is a simple mission using DAC to spawn in the mechs and there are about 20 or so mechs on the map at any one time.

** after further looks it seems any actions like addaction or other scripts (ie a cleanup script) get delayed or slowed by this issue

Also I highly recommend trying out the CRAM addon weaponry on the mech units :p

I updated!!:)

Changelog:

v1.07

- Added new Weapon System (can change the weapon of the right hand and the weapon of the left hand)

- Changed model of Frost (added Backpack)

Awesome news gmwo! Looking forward to playing with them after work!

Thanks for the update.

Tested yesterday on a dedicated server and there seems to be a problem with the addAction "Get Out" to exit the wanzer. Over time you will get multiple addAction entries (not related to the # of players on server either)... which will eventually prevent you from exiting the wanzer. I think this is what screws up the AI and makes them immobile after a short while.

Tested yesterday on a dedicated server and there seems to be a problem with the addAction "Get Out" to exit the wanzer. Over time you will get multiple addAction entries (not related to the # of players on server either)... which will eventually prevent you from exiting the wanzer. I think this is what screws up the AI and makes them immobile after a short while.

I am aware of this problem,But I don't bethink of the solution yet...:(

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I am aware of this problem,But I don't bethink of the solution yet...:(

Ok thank you!! I wish I knew more to help out... perhaps it's something to do with the one-man feature of the wanzer (ie being driver and gunner)? What if you try making the wanzer a 1-player unit instead of 2?

Keep up the good work!!! :)

Hey my friend its very difficult a Wanzer panzer created to?

because I would love to see a third Wanzer from you:D anyway I'm so happy when I can play with consenting

so I'd like a more in arma 3 see or play:

340497-fm4_wanzer_giza.jpg

cra_w_xl.jpg.html

very cool is this:

Zhuk_wanzer_00.jpg

this is 80% a google translation

I updated!!:)

Changelog:

v1.07

- Added new Weapon System (can change the weapon of the right hand and the weapon of the left hand)

- Changed model of Frost (added Backpack)

Thanks for the updates, gmwo!

I like Frost's

. :cool: Edited by asuseroako
Fixed typo error, fixed link

@gmwo Your Mod is Great! Here my 2 cents to it. :)

cheers

Sc0rc3d

Edited by Sc0rc3d

Definitely an awesome idea, but a lot of work needs to go into how piloting them handles and better defenses against things like missiles. Flares do pretty much nothing, and that means a lot of missiles that don't just miss will kill you, which sort of sucks (and doesn't make a ton of sense to me). I've also noticed very little, if any damage being done by the cannon. Not sure what is going on there.

Very cool idea though! Hope to see this developed a lot more.

Something like the option to turn out or something would be nice, the lack of situational awareness sort of sucks.

Turn out? Dude you are riding inside a giant robot.

Although in Front Mission manga there was a story in with character used micro drones to gather intelligence and scan the area. However they were not a standard equipment for wanzers. I guess you could use Support Call script to launch your own drone copter. You know; a selectable backpack for wanzer that allows launching and controlling a drone copter would be cool idea.

That first wanzer (Giza) does look cool, but what Im really waiting for is the Zenith.

About the latest version: could you add magazines to the mini gun? They can be large ones, but something to stop from spamming minigun at infantry.

Also, could you change the ammo for the minigun from 7.62 to .50cal? I think it may fit better. I guess you could have 2 miniguns, one with 7.62 anti infantry minigun (couple it with a flamethrower for anti-personnel wanzer) and a heavier slower firing .50cal minigun.

Edited by Taro8

That first wanzer (Giza) does look cool, but what Im really waiting for is the Zenith.

I think he should focus more on the mechanics than new Wanzer models, but yeah, the Zenith is pretty much a must have... It's the most iconic Wanzer after all.