gmwo

Wander Panzer(WAP) MOD for ArmA3

I´m a huge fan of Mech styles. Thank you very much for the release... :yay:. If it´s possible to add Valkyries?.

http://marbal.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/robotech-tenjin-hidetaka-art-works-of-macross-valkyries-61.jpg (503 kB)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/federicous/robotech/valkyries010.jpg (109 kB)

Thank you again for this MOD and Regards.

I´m a huge fan of Mech styles. Thank you very much for the release... :yay:. If it´s possible to add Valkyries?.

http://marbal.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/robotech-tenjin-hidetaka-art-works-of-macross-valkyries-61.jpg (503 kB)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/federicous/robotech/valkyries010.jpg (109 kB)

Thank you again for this MOD and Regards.

I imagine not, because he can only make what he has models for, and the whole transformation aspect would make Valkyries a pain, to say the least.

There´s already a VF-1 for ArmA1, which was easely ported to A2... it could only transform to Gerwalker thou =/

I can't wait to get home, de-pbo this and find out how it works. I knew people were doing custom animations for animals (TREX) but I had no clue you could do such complex things for mechs. I need me some of this, I need to be able to make stuff like this... for reasons.

I can't wait to get home, de-pbo this and find out how it works. I knew people were doing custom animations for animals (TREX) but I had no clue you could do such complex things for mechs. I need me some of this, I need to be able to make stuff like this... for reasons.

If you bring out a mod with my ms paint mecha designs that I posted in steam chat a few months ago I'm going to be upset.

Also this mod is really good.

You know, re-engineering an addon without permission is not the done thing around here. If you want to see how it works, perhaps ask the author to send you the files unpboed already. Its only polite, especially how much effort and time addon makers put into their work. Before you go any further, have a look at rule 19.

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Edited by R0adki11

Is it just me or are the sights off to the left of the actual hit point?

I have a few suggestions as well:

-Better destruction animation. Is it possible for the robot to be knocked back from a strong shell?

-Does Arma allow for overheating turrets?

-Fixed commander view.

-Jumping to get over obstacles. Sort of like it's handled in Armored Core

-Shield usage. Since it's included why not enable it? And let it protect from AP shells.

LnV1YNk.jpg

It's a cool mod, but could use more features definitely.

Edited by Pulstar

Awesome fun!

I'll confirm Kremator's observation regarding the gunner sight - rounds impact low and right of the aimpoint. No issue when in 3rd person, though. Also, commander and driver viewpoints seem to be at ground level. Any way to get control of lights when you are the sole occupant?

Really amazing job on this, looking forward to some interesting scenarios...

-Does Arma allow for overheating turrets?
I'm certain not by default, but that also certain it can be scripted (albeit it sounds like it'd be a complex piece of work).

Looks awesome, and it somehow fits well into the future setting :)

One thing though - CfgPatches class is not configured correctly, and mech are invisible for Zeus as a result. Could you please fix it? See Biki for more details.

I had a good play with them last night and really liked them. I love how they move into speed mode (legs retract a little and panzer hunkers down).

Now for the railguns *cough* BIS :)

Surprisingly when I seen this on Armaholic yesterday morning my eyes lit up and I was really excited, I have been wanting to do some PVP Game modes lately but to be honest there is no real good content out there to make it unique other then the game mode it's self but this was a answer to my prayers :).

Some of the guys I play with had a bit of fun / testing with these yesterday and it was a blast. They're not only great at fighting but they're also great at jumping over vehicles.

Hello there

I have a questen about the mod "Wander Panzer"

can you say me why the color RED Wander Panzer are in the faction BLUFOR and BLUE Wander Panzer are OFFOR?

And i have another question about the colors

the problem is, i have the scription for the colors. and my problem is, the color Camo grey is not to 100% grey.

for example if I select a Wander Panzer and a code write purely in the ini line

this setObjectTexture [0, "\WAP\heli_attack_02_body1_grey_camo_co.paa"];
this setObjectTexture [1, "\WAP\apc_wheeled_01_black_co.paa"];

then the shoulders are either white, green, blue or red. ---> Wander Panzer Random

you can modify this so that the ... just grey shoulders have ---> Camo Grey color.

then I have another question, namely, it is possible the speed of the traveling readjust tanks? I'd very much like the run around the Mechbots only normal (not like it now, speed in fast moving), this may be possible with a script?

Sorry for my bad english. i speak only german

THIS is 90% a Google translation

greeting

Edited by yobas

ï¼´hank you for many comments !!

It will take time to reply to comments, Because I'm not good at English ... (I speak only japanese).

Don´t care of that. i am pretty sure your english is better than our japanese :)

btw. i like your mod. a new possibility of a special mission.

v1.03

- Fixed problem of footsteps

- Fixed CfgPatches, and can play 'Zeus'

Download http://kie.nu/1Sfo (Ver.1.03 : 2014/04/30)

You da man!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As a long time fan of Front Mission series Im really glad to see this mod released. here are few things you might consider;

*make Wanzers one-manned

*make the movement like rotating body and such smoother and faster

*make walking animation faster (just the animation the distance covered should remain the same), this way wanzers wont appear sliding over the ground

*remove engine sound and add an ambient, even toned and quieter engine sound that is not modulated by speed. Random fact: Wanzers (at least later models) are powered by semi-perpetual engines fuelled by hydrogen sells. Semi-perpetual means that the engine recovers part of the energy it creates.

*add louder footsteps sounds like this ones :http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/8727848/cartoonmotor.html

*in most of the FM games when wanzer move parts the distinctive robotic noise is hear, something like this: http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/34001178/servo-largerobotmove1.html

*add separate healthbars for torso, legs, left and right arm. The thing about wanzers was that arms or legs could take the damage and be destroyed, but as long as torso is not destroyed the wanzer is still operational.

Big One: you should redo how wanzers are animated: if possible it should look like this: the body is always kept uptight (with some movement tolerance), the torso would be the real body and legs should behave like wheels on vehicles in A3 and while being animated they would instead behave more like human legs and adapt to terrain. This is how wanzers move around in FM. I do not know if it is possible in A3 or if you know how to do this, but please consider this.

There is an answer to operate a WAP alone.

When you put a WAP in editor , you select EMPTY side from Sides (NOT BLFOR and OPFOR).

So, player get in the empty WAP as a driver(like get in a car nobody ride).

Player move gunner seat automatically, you can shoot and can move WASD !!