silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

On 2018-02-25 at 5:13 PM, Przemro said:

I have recently encountered strange bug(?) I use script version of DAC and when there are vehicles, both from tracked and wheeled array, when they came into "build up" range they stop and froget to continue moving. Has anyone had similar problem? Infanty moves fine, it happend only with vehicles - looks like ai froget last order, since if I will use ZEUS and tell them to move again, it will move.

Probably nothing to do with DAC and likely all to do with lousy Arma AI pathfinding or just plain getting stuck on a rock or tree or some other strange thing. If things continue along after you give them a little push with ZEUS then it is likely not DAC at all.

2 hours ago, charliereddog said:

If a camp is just a logic ie an empty camp, can it still fire arty support?

IIRC no there have to be actual in-game artillery units to get support

Oh pants. That's a shame. I was hoping to mod it to use compositions instead of the god awful camp config... :(

Guess I'll have to do more drastic modifications to the code than I'd anticipated.

On 25/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, Przemro said:

I have recently encountered strange bug(?) I use script version of DAC and when there are vehicles, both from tracked and wheeled array, when they came into "build up" range they stop and froget to continue moving. Has anyone had similar problem? Infanty moves fine, it happend only with vehicles - looks like ai froget last order, since if I will use ZEUS and tell them to move again, it will move.

From time to time I get the same error but only with infantry, are you using acex headless? :sad:

10 hours ago, churrofighter said:

From time to time I get the same error but only with infantry, are you using acex headless? :sad:

Nope, I use Werthles' Headless script.

2 hours ago, Przemro said:

Nope, I use Werthles' Headless script.

Interesting, maybe are you using Ace option: Add objects to Curator or using the command addCuratorEditableObjects?? 

You can also do it through the events. This one works for infantry units.

_Events_Unit_S =    [
                                ["{_x addCuratorEditableObjects [(units _group),true]} forEach allCurators"],  // Executes when creating/spawning units.
                                [],  // Executes when reaching waypoints.
                                [],  // Executes when group is eliminated.
                                [],  // Executes when unit is eliminated.
                                [],  // Executes before group reduction.
                                ["{_x addCuratorEditableObjects [[_unit],true]} forEach allCurators"],  // Executes after building up after reduction.
                                []   // Executes when detecting enemies.
];

It works in a similar fashion for wheeled vehicles and tanks.

• Thanks 1

After a bit of messing about, I've managed to get DAC to spawn a composition as a camp, along with a mortar and consider that unit as part of DAC for the purposes of calling in Arty support. This means being able to do away with the god awful camp config entirely and just use normal compositions which for me is a hugely useful change.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, charliereddog said:

After a bit of messing about, I've managed to get DAC to spawn a composition as a camp, along with a mortar and consider that unit as part of DAC for the purposes of calling in Arty support. This means being able to do away with the god awful camp config entirely and just use normal compositions which for me is a hugely useful change.

Can you share your findings? 

Hi guys. Sure. I'm just trying to finish up my code changes. Sadly DAC camps tend to spawn in what personally I consider unsuitable places at the moment so I'm likely going to have to tamper with that routine too. Will hope to get it finished up this weekend.

• Like 1

Code changes still need a bit of tweaking. Some of the original code is not great and camps are being generated on top of each other...

However, I ran a large scale test yesterday with 30 odd players and while everything started fine, after about an hour of playing the AI stopped moving and building back up when players got in range. Anyone else encountered this before?

• Thanks 1

On 30/04/2018 at 11:06 AM, charliereddog said:

Code changes still need a bit of tweaking. Some of the original code is not great and camps are being generated on top of each other...

However, I ran a large scale test yesterday with 30 odd players and while everything started fine, after about an hour of playing the AI stopped moving and building back up when players got in range. Anyone else encountered this before?

Yes I see this regularly, particularly with complex setups or high-numbers of units. But I also see something similar in my scripted smoke effects - I believe there is some script execution scheduling problem/optimisation going on that halts 3rd party scripts when things get complex.

The most obvious example of this is when I try to execute a roving camera view script (so I can look around and check things out), when the mission is getting old and with lots of things happening, the script doesn't execute straight away and will often suddenly execute at a (much) later inopportune time :)

On 30/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, charliereddog said:

Yes, this is still a thing :sad: What mods were you running?

Hey guys, got a question regarding DAC.

I can't seem to spawn infantry, when I spawn infantry the leaders are created but the group doesn't populate. If I move close it still remains the same, however when doing it with motorized or vehicles in general it works fine.  

Activation Game Logic
Type None
Repeatable

Condition
(Time > 5)

This is my onAct
fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[6,5,50,7],[1,3,10,10],[],[],[2,2,2,2,2]] spawn DAC_Zone

Anyone got any clues? After a while the groups join each other I'm guessing because of lack of units in the team. Please help! Want to use the DAC gods to make missions!

^ I would suggest looking at your .rpt file for clues. Either way, you're probably looking at using DAC in it's scripted way rather than the module way, as there are definitely engine/content changes that affect DAC in its freshly downloaded state. In its scripted form, you can hunt down the errors and correct them.

DAC_config file. Theres a line with player unit classnames. Since your unit is not being detected the rest of the squad stays cached.

On 11/05/2018 at 12:16 AM, churrofighter said:

Yes, this is still a thing :sad: What mods were you running?

Lots. But the units themselves were RHS.

And it's just happened again. Mission was running for about an hour and then boom. Everything stopped moving. I deleted most of the units and some respawned at camps, but it crapped out again shortly thereafter and even deleting those didn't respawn again.

Looks like DAC is no longer stable enough to do what I want it to do which is a massive shame as I used to love it back in the day and I'm desperate to move away from ALiVE.

1 hour ago, charliereddog said:

And it's just happened again. Mission was running for about an hour and then boom. Everything stopped moving. I deleted most of the units and some respawned at camps, but it crapped out again shortly thereafter and even deleting those didn't respawn again.

Looks like DAC is no longer stable enough to do what I want it to do which is a massive shame as I used to love it back in the day and I'm desperate to move away from ALiVE.

Are you setting up the headless client through acex or werthless kit?? Maybe there's something wrong with SetGroupOwner and waypoint transfer :S

11 hours ago, charliereddog said:

Yeah real shame, if not for this DAC would still be my most-used addon/script suite.

I suspect there's been some script scheduling change that's done this, very often I will try to spawn a camera from the console and I can wait up to 20 minutes before the script runs and I get my camera, if ever. That's the most visually obvious symptom of this for me.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

You shouldn’t have to use a HC at all.  @charliereddog needs to confirm.

We are using a HC because we are using a lot of units. (200+ east groups and 100+independent groups.) The code for migrating to HC is our own clan specific so I can't comment on other set ups etc. It's entirely possible that the issue is down to what you say, however I'm not convinced it is because DAC functions perfectly for a while before falling over. However there is nothing in the rpts to indicate any errors (except a DAC marker error which seems meaningless) nor any obvious link. 

Sad to say but I suspect I'm going to have to write my own basic DAC. I can't wade through 160 odd uncommented and undocumented sqf to try to work out what the problems could be. I'm just not that competent. 

32 minutes ago, dmarkwick said:

Yeah real shame, if not for this DAC would still be my most-used addon/script suite.

I suspect there's been some script scheduling change that's done this, very often I will try to spawn a camera from the console and I can wait up to 20 minutes before the script runs and I get my camera, if ever. That's the most visually obvious symptom of this for me.

Do you mean on an engine level? I've not changed any of the scripts except to add a couple of corrections and to spawn my own compositions for camps. Nothing which touches the scheduled environment.