silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 1:29 PM, magnetar said:

The ACE3 Headless Client module works fine with DAC.

Thank you for Information magnetar. Do you Change something in the DAC config (e.s. respawn system) or does it work out of the box with the ACE3 HC Modul?

DAC is completely broken as of the latest Arma update (1.78). A lot of undefined variable errors in DAC_create_groups.sqf. I'm wondering whether this is just something in Arma that needs to be fixed or something in DAC.

15 hours ago, slowrider8 said:

DAC is completely broken as of the latest Arma update (1.78). A lot of undefined variable errors in DAC_create_groups.sqf. I'm wondering whether this is just something in Arma that needs to be fixed or something in DAC.

I haven't tried yet but I wonder if BIS changed a bunch of class names for units??!! Wouldn't surprise me. You can always attempt to fix that by looking into the unit configs.

Actually thinking about this further I did try one of my own DAC missions and didn't have any issues with 1.78. I'm using my own custom unit configs though.

Are you sure its not an issue on your side and something advanced you are trying to do with DAC?

16 hours ago, delta99 said:

I haven't tried yet but I wonder if BIS changed a bunch of class names for units??!! Wouldn't surprise me. You can always attempt to fix that by looking into the unit configs.

Actually thinking about this further I did try one of my own DAC missions and didn't have any issues with 1.78. I'm using my own custom unit configs though.

Are you sure its not an issue on your side and something advanced you are trying to do with DAC?

It's not classnames, and I don't use vanilla classnames anyway. Errors are like this, but show up in different places around Create_Groups:

14:35:39 File mpmissions__cur_mp.namalsk\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Groups.sqf, line 542 14:35:40 Error in expression <,_m,_DAC_This_Zone,_DAC_UnitTyp,"null",[_countmax,_countmin,_DAC_ZoneRadiusX,_DA> 
14:35:40 Error position: <_countmax,_countmin,_DAC_ZoneRadiusX,_DA> 
14:35:40 Error Undefined variable in expression: _countmax 

I do use the script version of DAC, as do other people I know who have been having this same issue. However, I've never changed any of the files outside of the configs. The undefined variables typically seem to be arrays, but I can't be sure without more testing.

Spawning works sometimes and other times doesn't. It breaks before DAC finishes initialising.

Errors like:

18:07:17 Error in expression <;
}
else
{
_GroupWP set [count _GroupWP,_fwp];
_check = 0;_run = 4;_go = false;
>
18:07:17   Error position: <_fwp];
>
18:07:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _fwp
18:07:17 File D:\Jonny\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Slowrider8\mpmissions\coop45_gameofgulf_v5.Sara\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Groups.sqf, line 463

followed by errors every frame like this:

18:07:17 Error in expression <e (_oldArray select _n);
if(format["%1",_entry] != "<null>") then
{
if(count _en>
18:07:17   Error position: <_entry] != "<null>") then
{
if(count _en>
18:07:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _entry

There are also some enum errors when spawning units:

17:54:28 Error in expression <];
_eman allowFleeing _setFleeing;_eman setRank _setrank;
if(count (_unit_skill >
17:54:28   Error position: <setRank _setrank;
if(count (_unit_skill >
17:54:28   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "lieutnant"
17:54:28 File D:\Jonny\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Slowrider8\mpmissions\coop45_gameofgulf_v5.Sara\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf, line 235

It should be "LIEUTENANT";

Same thing in DAC_Group_Tank.sqf etc

On 8.12.2017 at 7:12 PM, slowrider8 said:

Spawning works sometimes and other times doesn't. It breaks before DAC finishes initialising.

Errors like:

18:07:17 Error in expression <;
}
else
{
_GroupWP set [count _GroupWP,_fwp];
>
18:07:17   Error position: <_fwp];
>
18:07:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _fwp
18:07:17 File D:\Jonny\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Slowrider8\mpmissions\coop45_gameofgulf_v5.Sara\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Groups.sqf, line 463

followed by errors every frame like this:

18:07:17 Error in expression <e (_oldArray select _n);
if(format["%1",_entry] != "<null>") then
{
if(count _en>
18:07:17   Error position: <_entry] != "<null>") then
{
if(count _en>
18:07:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _entry

There are also some enum errors when spawning units:

17:54:28 Error in expression <];
_eman allowFleeing _setFleeing;_eman setRank _setrank;
if(count (_unit_skill >
17:54:28   Error position: <setRank _setrank;
if(count (_unit_skill >
17:54:28   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "lieutnant"
17:54:28 File D:\Jonny\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Slowrider8\mpmissions\coop45_gameofgulf_v5.Sara\DAC\Scripts\DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf, line 235

It should be "LIEUTENANT";

Same thing in DAC_Group_Tank.sqf etc

Hi,

I could not reproduce the first two mistakes. Do you use tanks or vehicles with the initialization? I have no entries in my .rpt.

But i use only infantry. 

In the DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf I have the same problem. I changed the rank myself as a test. It's fixed. :-) 

Sorry for my bad English. :-) 

Edited by martinerf

where is "lieutnant" located? I am having the same errors and cannot seem to figure out in what sqf I am supposed to change?

edit: just found it

it appears all of the ranks need to be in capital letters to function without error. 

ensure the line is put in as below In each of the filed listedbelow for the DAC\scripts folder in the script version, find these files and change out to caps. ( I have not tested the mod version to see if the same error is occuring).

_rankarray = ["PRIVATE","CORPORAL","SERGEANT","LIEUTENANT","CAPTAIN","MAJOR","COLONEL"];

DAC_Group_Vehicle.sqf - line 27

DAC_Group_Air.sqf - line 25

DAC_Group_Camp.sqf - line 33

DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf - line 26 - edited

DAC_Group_Tank.sqf - line 27

• Like 2

quick question - does the AI know about sectors (DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Sector.sqf) and they will move to take them or is this set up for a PvP game mode?

would this work as an asymmetric warfare set up?

thanks,

On 2017-12-29 at 2:22 PM, KevsNoTrev said:

quick question - does the AI know about sectors (DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Sector.sqf) and they will move to take them or is this set up for a PvP game mode?

would this work as an asymmetric warfare set up?

thanks,

Not in a position to look at DAC right now but I seem to believe this is setup to work with the AI. I believe there is a demo mission for it or maybe its spelt out in the manual.

4 hours ago, delta99 said:

Not in a position to look at DAC right now but I seem to believe this is setup to work with the AI. I believe there is a demo mission for it or maybe its spelt out in the manual.

thanks Delta99, I have read the manual and there is nothing about the sectors, only the setup card that is included in the download. in my testing it appears to be random luck that the AI take sectors.

I was hoping this was a mod-free version of ALiVE, but I'm having issues with fps performance trying to set it up to run as well.

22 hours ago, KevsNoTrev said:

thanks Delta99, I have read the manual and there is nothing about the sectors, only the setup card that is included in the download. in my testing it appears to be random luck that the AI take sectors.

I was hoping this was a mod-free version of ALiVE, but I'm having issues with fps performance trying to set it up to run as well.

In the DAC download there is a PDF file called DAC_SectorFight_Settings.PDF that explains the options.  As well under MPMissions there is a sample mission called DAC_SectorFight_Example.

It's not really a replacement for ALiVE however it can be used in conjunction with good results.

thanks savage, I have had the sectors running, I woud love to use alive for missions but my current group is trying to recruit new members and even with workshop we spend too long getting mods sorted instead of getting into battle. 

I missed the mpmission example likely due to the mod requirements I didn't have loaded at the time. I'll take another look.

Good to know DAC and alive work together though, thanks for that.

edit: thanks for the config in your signature, the curator addition will help a lot during testing.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, KevsNoTrev said:

edit: thanks for the config in your signature, the curator addition will help a lot during testing.

All credit goes to Magnetar for that bit of code!

I completely understand the desire to reduce mods especially for new players. 

• Like 1

So what's the current status of this? Still supported? Do I need to trawl through the thread to find errors/bugs which need manually changing? Is headless client now sorted ?

On 12/29/2017 at 11:12 AM, KevsNoTrev said:

it appears all of the ranks need to be in capital letters to function without error. 

ensure the line is put in as below In each of the filed listedbelow for the DAC\scripts folder in the script version, find these files and change out to caps. ( I have not tested the mod version to see if the same error is occuring).

_rankarray = ["PRIVATE","CORPORAL","SERGEANT","LIEUTENANT","CAPTAIN","MAJOR","COLONEL"];

DAC_Group_Vehicle.sqf - line 27

DAC_Group_Air.sqf - line 25

DAC_Group_Camp.sqf - line 33

DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf - line 27

DAC_Group_Tank.sqf - line 27

Thanks buddy notice I was also getting group errors will give this a go :D

:D also edit this line in your post 

DAC_Group_Soldier.sqf - line "26"

• Thanks 1

On 2018-02-04 at 2:59 PM, charliereddog said:

So what's the current status of this? Still supported? Do I need to trawl through the thread to find errors/bugs which need manually changing? Is headless client now sorted ?

I don't think it has been updated in ages or kept up to date.

22 hours ago, delta99 said:

I don't think it has been updated in ages or kept up to date.

Yep, but it still works - as for errors I dont know about any expect that group error mentionet above. Also not sure if hedless work right away, my group uses edited script version so it works woth HC (havent tried ACE HC)

18 hours ago, Przemro said:

Yep, but it still works - as for errors I dont know about any expect that group error mentionet above. Also not sure if hedless work right away, my group uses edited script version so it works woth HC (havent tried ACE HC)

Headless works quite well with DAC. If you do not want to deal with custom scripts, I suggest you give a shot at ACEX Headless functionality.

Thanks @delta99, I've got it working OK. There's a few things I'd like to change, for example the camps are just urgh to set up, would be much better to use a composition like ALiVE or something similar. Shame it's not being updated and continued to be developed. With the license as it is no one else can touch it either, except for personal tweaks.

On 2018-02-17 at 11:27 AM, Przemro said:

Yeah, I've used it recently as well and haven't really run into issues with it like stated above.

I have recently encountered strange bug(?) I use script version of DAC and when there are vehicles, both from tracked and wheeled array, when they came into "build up" range they stop and froget to continue moving. Has anyone had similar problem? Infanty moves fine, it happend only with vehicles - looks like ai froget last order, since if I will use ZEUS and tell them to move again, it will move.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:24 AM, charliereddog said:

Thanks @delta99, I've got it working OK. There's a few things I'd like to change, for example the camps are just urgh to set up, would be much better to use a composition like ALiVE or something similar. Shame it's not being updated and continued to be developed. With the license as it is no one else can touch it either, except for personal tweaks.

I have some pre-done camps here might be worth checking out:

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3/tree/master/dac_configs/dac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2