silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Got it now, thanks bro.

I have another question now.

I'm using a .sqf to spawn a zone using the following.

[] spawn
{
	waitUntil {sleep 1; time > 0};
	waitUntil {sleep 10; (!alive refinery) && (alive mi24)};
	hint "It worked!";
	deleteVehicle mi24;
	[helo] call DAC_Activate;
};

[] spawn
{
	waitUntil { sleep 1; time > 0};
	waitUntil {sleep 10; (!alive refinery)};
	_cnt = {alive _x} count [hmmv_1,hmmv_2,hmmv_3,hmmv_4];
	if (_cnt > 0) then
	{
		_values = ["vic_reinf",[19,0,0,0],[],[_cnt,4,1,15],[],[],[1,1,8,0,2]];
		[(position [5219.493,6786.812,0]),40,40,0,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone;
		{deletevehicle _x} forEach thisList [hmmv_1,hmmv_2,hmmv_3,hmmv_4];
		[vic_reinf] call DAC_Activate;	
		hint "Humvees activated";
	};
};

However upon destroying the refinery DAC spams in the .rpt non-stop

21:56:31 Error in expression <40 set [count 40,_group]>
21:56:31   Error position: <count 40,_group]>
21:56:31   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String,Config entry

Can anyone discern the reason? It appears to be tied to the activation of the vic_reinf zone.

Got it now, thanks bro.

I have another question now.

I'm using a .sqf to spawn a zone using the following.

[] spawn
{
	waitUntil {sleep 1; time > 0};
	waitUntil {sleep 10; (!alive refinery) && (alive mi24)};
	hint "It worked!";
	deleteVehicle mi24;
	[helo] call DAC_Activate;
};

[] spawn
{
	waitUntil { sleep 1; time > 0};
	waitUntil {sleep 10; (!alive refinery)};
	_cnt = {alive _x} count [hmmv_1,hmmv_2,hmmv_3,hmmv_4];
	if (_cnt > 0) then
	{
		_values = ["vic_reinf",[19,0,0,0],[],[_cnt,4,1,15],[],[],[1,1,8,0,2]];
		[vic_reinf] call DAC_Activate;	
		hint "Humvees activated";
	};
};

However upon destroying the refinery DAC spams in the .rpt non-stop

21:56:31 Error in expression <40 set [count 40,_group]>
21:56:31   Error position: <count 40,_group]>
21:56:31   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String,Config entry

Can anyone discern the reason? It appears to be tied to the activation of the vic_reinf zone.

Hi,

please show me the script with "...set [count 40, _group]", because normaly the "set" command changes a value within an array.

But I can see two more mistakes:

Please try this:

[[5219.493,6786.812,0],40,40,0,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone;

or this:

[(position NameOfAnyUnit),40,40,0,0,_values] call DAC_fNewZone;

the other one:

try this:

{deletevehicle _x} forEach thisList;

or this:

{deletevehicle _x} forEach [hmmv_1,hmmv_2,hmmv_3,hmmv_4];

Silola

Hi,

please show me the script with "...set [count 40, _group]", because normaly the "set" command changes a value within an array.

Silola

That is the curious thing. I'm not referencing those two 'count 40' or the '_group' handle anywhere. The only thing I've used is the script you see above. However I fixed the position and it seems to be working now. It still gives out the "...set [count 40, _group]" error however

A probably basic question, but I even didn't find the word "faction" in the manual. I'm new @ DAC.

- Mod version.

I set up a very basic mission in Eden which works, just for testing DAC. How can I tell DAC which faction to spawn, because out of the box it's CSAT, which I'm sick of... Some config file/module? where I put a faction name?

EDIT: OK, I think I've got it. As I only use it for Editor quick and dirty missions, I don't want to handle files in the temporary mission folder. So I guess I have to define new factions in the DAC_Config_Units.sqf inside the pbo...

EDIT: It's amazing and due to unit despawning nice to my cpu...

• Like 1

Thanks Tuskegee_99th, it worked and I already spawned Russians from RHS.

I have three questions/remarks.

1. I created a big zone (size is full Tanoa main island) and tried to make 2 helicopters spawn. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't. DAC reports a failure and does spawn nothing. So it seems,  sometimes it does not find an appropriate place? EDIT. Maybe related to this? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117581

2. There's that reduction of units. I think a mechnism of even setting the group leader to disable simulation would be interesting for more far away units... especially let's say if I spawn many (~50) small fireteams with like 1-2 units. Then reduction to 1 does not help much as for FPS. And for far away units, I do not care if they are frozen and do nothing.

3. So e.g. in infantry spawning there are those group size presets (1-4). I know I can change the presets details in a config file. Wouldn't it be more intuitive to let us define the # of units more directly? I.e., instead of that preset numbers 1-4 allow for a nested [min,max] array?

Example, spawn 50 groups of 1-2 soldiers:

["z1",[1,0,0],[50,[1,2],200,10],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1] spawn DAC_Zone

I don't want to sound negative. Thank you very much, this offers so much and easily brings my ArmA to life.

I would recommend not experimenting with DAC on a work-in-progress terrain like Tanoa. As you endeavor to get DAC to do the things you want it would be much better to use an established/released terrain like Altis, Stratis, or any of the long ported A2 maps, for example, from the CUP Terrains package.

To your second question, you can set camps that respawn units, if your camp is far, units will never come.

Thanks guys. Yeah, as for the helicopters, even if I restrict the master zone to the south eastern island airfield (and add a big waypoint zone on the main island for them), once it happened they spawned on the greens close to the airfield (still in the zone), after a mission restart DAC refused to spawn them. So DAC and Helis seems to be a problem on Tanoa.

It's beautiful just watching the units doing their things with in the ArmA spectator :)

I'm back again (lol) at the moment I'm having an issue where my mission runs fine in a local server on MP, however If I attempt to run it on a dedicated server DAC simply says initializing then the hint box fades away. There is no errors in the server .rpt or my own local one.

Any idea?

Server .rpt: http://pastebin.com/dcC47wqv

Local self hosted server: http://pastebin.com/c23hhd2s

I've turned debug on.

- On map (Altis) it says "[10,0] respawns left", so I suppose there should be the base... but I go exactly there and there is nothing... Must say I am on ArmA devbranch.

- The waypoint lines are barely visible on map...

- Waypoint generation for helis stops on Tanoa (no appropriate WP even on airfields), maybe it will change, but I have doubts. Altis works nicely.

Hmmm, if I offer waypoints in a zone for my helicopters - the helicopters use the zone. BUT: The zone is an ellipse and waypoints end at the center of that ellipse. Then they return to where they come from.
Why isn't the whole ellipse used? See screenshot. The helicopters from the southern island only fly to the center of the big norther zone.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/490145495164695636/9791C29064D15FB226384E43BA312FD2EDD5B1C6/

maybe dac think it is bad place to create waypoints....btw Dac have on some maps problems with creating waypoints (to much objects close together), it needs enough free surface to create waypoints.

Those red lines(in your screenshot) show only that the zones are connected if i remember correctly. You can see very short the created waypoints on the map with debug when creating the zone on starup (the little colorful points inside the zone wich rapidly disappearing)

Custom waypoints may help or/and check the demo missions/manual and avoid overlapping zones to minimizes unwelcome results

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am using the mod version. My goal is clicking/exporting a quick mission via editor without having to touch mission folders/files.

Now let's say I want to have markers in a mission. Is there a way to override the pbo's DAC_Config_Creator.sqf setting ("DAC_Marker = 0") via some editor objects init line?

Hi guys, I am using the mod version. My goal is clicking/exporting a quick mission via editor without having to touch mission folders/files.

Now let's say I want to have markers in a mission. Is there a way to override the pbo's DAC_Config_Creator.sqf setting ("DAC_Marker = 0") via some editor objects init line?

If you want to do it without adding files to your mission folder I believe you can just use an objects init line (ie: the DAC module - add DAC_Marker = 0 to the init line).  This will override the default value.  See the note at the bottom of page 38 of the DAC manual. 

If you want to do it without adding files to your mission folder I believe you can just use an objects init line (ie: the DAC module - add DAC_Marker = 0 to the init line).  This will override the default value.  See the note at the bottom of page 38 of the DAC manual. 

Ah I see, there is an isNil check in the config file...

Exactly this is what I need, thank you. Until now I always changed the config file and de-/pboed. The nice thing is, you can save such an object in Eden for later use ("Custom composition"). So I will create a DAC_Config game logic...

Ah I see, there is an isNil check in the config file...

Exactly this is what I need, thank you. Until now I always changed the config file and de-/pboed. The nice thing is, you can save such an object in Eden for later use ("Custom composition"). So I will create a DAC_Config game logic...

Yeah if you're doing a lot of custom stuff in DAC it's much easier to just de-pbo and work with those files, but for a few small changes it works well.

All I can say is: IT WORKED. FINNALY. THANK YOU FOR HELPING I SEARCHED FAR AND WIDE IN THE INTERNET AND I FOUND YOU. GOD BLESS YOUR EXISTANCE MR.SAVAGE

• Like 1

maybe dac think it is bad place to create waypoints....btw Dac have on some maps problems with creating waypoints (to much objects close together), it needs enough free surface to create waypoints.

Those red lines(in your screenshot) show only that the zones are connected if i remember correctly. You can see very short the created waypoints on the map with debug when creating the zone on starup (the little colorful points inside the zone wich rapidly disappearing)

Custom waypoints may help or/and check the demo missions/manual and avoid overlapping zones to minimizes unwelcome results

You can mess with the config files so that DAC will place waypoints closer to objects etc. You'll have to checkout the manual but I've had to do that on some terrains and in spots where objects are tight.

• Like 1

Guys, I am too stupid for triggers. I am trying to set up a zone which builds up only if player enters the trigger area. Whatever I do, it will not work.

Without the player condition:

None, Anybody, Present, Repeatable - Condition: time>1

Works

With player condition:

None, Anybody, Present, Repeatable - Condition: ((time>1)&&(player in thisList))

Code starts, but no spawning

Activation code: fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[20,1,200,50],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

After entering the trigger zone, a hint appears! "Dac 3.1b initializing"... but DAC does not spawn any units. It does not display a hint afterwards, which it does normally do after having done the job.

Guys, I am too stupid for triggers. I am trying to set up a zone which builds up only if player enters the trigger area. Whatever I do, it will not work.

Without the player condition:

None, Anybody, Present, Repeatable - Condition: time>1

Works

With player condition:

None, Anybody, Present, Repeatable - Condition: ((time>1)&&(player in thisList))

Code starts, but no spawning

Activation code: fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[20,1,200,50],[],[],[],[0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

After entering the trigger zone, a hint appears! "Dac 3.1b initializing"... but DAC does not spawn any units. It does not display a hint afterwards, which it does normally do after having done the job.

Why bother setting it up only when the player enters the zone? DAC already does its reduction so performance will probably be fine. There might also be something in DAC that prevents spawning units too close to players but not sure about that. I don't think I've noticed that happen before.

Well, in a mission I wanted to spawn many small groups over a large area. But it just does not work (a second run of spawn dac_zone).

Well, in a mission I wanted to spawn many small groups over a large area. But it just does not work (a second run of spawn dac_zone).

I never had problems with spawning multiple zones with multiple calls to DAC_Zone unless you have very small zones and DAC cannot find any spawn points.

When making a campaign is it possible to have the DAC scripts in Dtaext folder, or do I have to duplicate it into every mission?

Maybe this is wrong to ask here but maybe someone has experience?

will Dac work on Tanoa? I can make it work on Altis and Stratis, but no go for tanoa.