silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

By objects you mean houses and similar? That would make sense.

I mean every object, expect clutter objects ;)

I had trouble with HC and Eden update so I switched from Werthles' Headless Module to Alive. DAC now loads in 60-120 secs. 10 times faster. So I think it was WHM that was the problem. Even tho I had it start at 1200 secs with assigning AI to HC.

Thanks for the suggestions Silola, I'll bear those in mind next time I make a mission.

I used that a lot :(  Any idea what can be used as a replacement to the waypoints?  Nothing as convenient comes to mind.

I am with daishiknyte on the use of the game logic waypoints. I didn't use much of the polygon zones but setting user-defined waypoint locations for zones was super useful in a number of my missions. Is there an alternative for that in works? 

Thanks.

I am with daishiknyte on the use of the game logic waypoints. I didn't use much of the polygon zones but setting user-defined waypoint locations for zones was super useful in a number of my missions. Is there an alternative for that in works? 

Thanks.

Hi,

I think it's possible to find an alternate methode, but currently I'm working on X-Cam & Taunus ... maybe later.

Silola

• Like 2

Hi, try to use a behaviour config with "careless" only.

Silola

You must mean "safe", "careless" would make the mission quite boring..

hi! Iam using DAC on my server but after DAC init complete, there is an error:

Error in expression <1",_entry] != "<null>") then
{
if(count _entry == 2) then
{
_newArray set [count>
12:42:10   Error position: <_entry == 2) then
{
_newArray set [count>

it is from script file DAC_Write_Position.sqf

here is the code 
private ["_oldArray","_newArray","_i","_n","_entry","_val];

_oldArray = _this;_newArray = [];_i = 0;_n = 0;_entry = [];_val = [];

while {_n < count _oldArray} do
{
	_entry = call compile (_oldArray select _n);
	if(format["%1",_entry] != "<null>") then
	{
		if(count _entry == 2) then
		{
			_newArray set [count _newArray,[format["%1",_entry select 0],format["%1",_entry select 1]]];
			_n = _n + 1;
		};
	};
};
_newArray

did anyone encounter this problem? maybe some advices?

after initialization of the DAC zone, units spawns, they just stand still and do nothing.

Please send me your mission in order to check this out.
Or, if it is possible, create a small template with default Arma units (without addons).

Silola

waituntil {((format["%1",isnull DAC_StartDummy] != "BOOL") && ((getPosAT>

15:27:29   Error position: <DAC_StartDummy] != "BOOL") && ((getPosAT>

15:27:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: dac_startdummy

15:27:29 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_Create_Zone.sqf, line 102

Getting this, its continuously logging it in my .rpt and DAC never initializes.

Hi Silola! As usual, great stuff this DAC, i have built and set up so many cool things!

I have one small issue tho, when building a camp, i want some objects to align to the ground. As seen in the picture below on the tent.

Many thanks for everything! And the support you give in this thread!

811AA968B5A6F027A1747EDB98270E97C92043F5

I'm having a problem where units do not load. When I use Eden(1.56)+DAC+HC units do not spawn. When I use Eden(1.56)+DAC+No HC the units spawn as normal.

I'm having a problem where units do not load. When I use Eden(1.56)+DAC+HC units do not spawn. When I use Eden(1.56)+DAC+No HC the units spawn as normal.

What does "HC" stands for? Headless Client?

What does "HC" stands for? Headless Client?

Yeah headless client. It works when I use the 2d editor. But if I make the mission in the 3den editor, dac does not spawn units with headless client(HC) on.

Yeah headless client. It works when I use the 2d editor. But if I make the mission in the 3den editor, dac does not spawn units with headless client(HC) on.

Probably not a DAC issue. 3den editor broke a lot of things!!

Hi,

sorry, but I have no experience with DAC+HC ... so, I can't help :(

@slendermang

Please try to start one of the demo missions.

If u get the same error messages, then it's not a DAC problem.

Silola

Hi Silola! As usual, great stuff this DAC, i have built and set up so many cool things!

I have one small issue tho, when building a camp, i want some objects to align to the ground. As seen in the picture below on the tent.

Many thanks for everything! And the support you give in this thread!

I solved the height of the buildings in the camp.

I just removed them from _campRandomObj and moved them to _campUserObj, which felt more proper...

Now i have another question, is it possible to create camps in tight cityarea, i want place a camp in a small town and make the fence function to create a fence around that town, but the DAC tells me that the area is not suitable for a camp.

Is it possible to tell the camp area that it ignore the objects that already is in the area and just place the campobjects anyway?

Hard to explain, i hope you understand.

fun = ["Z208",[208,0,0],[],[],[],[ 1,1,2,0,0,0],[0,0,0,8]] spawn DAC_Zone

case 8:
{
_campBasic     = ["FirePlace_burning_f",["FirePlace_burning_f",1,1,0],["FirePlace_burning_f",2,2,0],["Logic",5,10,0],0];
_campAmmo      = [];
_campStatic    = [];
_campAddUnit   = [];
_campUserObj   = [];
_campRandomObj = [];
_campWall      = ["Land_Wall_Tin_4_2",[-25,25],[50,50,0],[1,0,0,0],[1,0.2],[3,0]];
_campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];
};
................................................................................

The zone is 55x55
b186636.jpg

Hey, is there a way to make units in Helicopters  land and disembark rather than parachute? I looked through the Documentation and couldn't find anything.

Also, if I use a trigger to switch independent being friendly with Blufor mid mission will this break DAC? The documentation mentions this "DAC_Res_Side = 1", is it a problem if I switch it mid-mission? If so is there a way to switch the config for DAC as well?

EDIT:

I'm having a weird bug where my wheeled vehicle zones are spawning in my waypoint zones, I'm not sure the reason. I know its considering spawning them at unit zones because it said the WP zone for them was too small but when I zeus out they're waaaay all over the WP zone in the middle of nowhere. Is it because I'm spawning the unit zones within the WP zone? I have another Helo Zone that doesn't do it, it doesn't spawn in the WP zone. A bit weird.

We're having a meta/oversight issue with DAC:

When you create any group, it always takes the unit defined in the first row (So SL for example) and then chooses everyone else randomly. So in most cases you get seriously random (and unrealistic) fireteam and squad compositions like AT/AA/AR soldiers without anyone to resupply them or like numerous Grenadiers, etc.

Any tips on how to avoid this? Perhaps reduce the randomness and use more pre-defined compositions?

When you create any group, it always takes the unit defined in the first row (So SL for example) and then chooses everyone else randomly. So in most cases you get seriously random (and unrealistic) fireteam and squad compositions like AT/AA/AR soldiers without anyone to resupply them or like numerous Grenadiers, etc.

Any tips on how to avoid this? Perhaps reduce the randomness and use more pre-defined compositions?

I think this problem is due to how DAC is designed. In my case what I often do is to introduce more riflemen or ammo handlers in the array in order to increase their chances of appearing, but that does not guarantee anything. If you want more controlled spawns, I would suggest other scripts like EOS or T8-Units. The latest works really well alongside DAC since groups spawned using T8-Units can "talk" to DAC units and ask for help for example. For my missions i personally use a combination of DAC+T8-Units: DAC for more general patrols and T8-Units for more specific tasks and/or compositions.

Hope it helps. :)

• Like 1

Yup, that's exactly how DAC selects units. You can adjust the probabilities by listing some units more than once in the unit array or eliminate units you don't want by deleting them from the unit array, but at the end of the day, it selects group members randomly.....

Edit: <sigh> magnetar says it much better than me in the post above...... :)

Edited by dreadpirate

It's a little sad because DAC actually does it better with the DAC_Config_Objects.sqf. When creating objects, it allows you to set the probability of each object, but then this idea doesn't carry over to units.

I don't really have an issue on how it works. 

If you really want your own defined groups then just spawn them yourself and add them to DAC control.

It's a little sad because DAC actually does it better with the DAC_Config_Objects.sqf. When creating objects, it allows you to set the probability of each object, but then this idea doesn't carry over to units.

Hi Bullhorn. The realistic generation of groups is a little outside of the function of DAC I think, but I think I can see what it is you might like to see - if an AT gunner is randomly chosen, then a resupply gunner should accompany him? This sounds like a useful feature, but it might create a more confusing setup for a mission maker to deal with when defining pools in DAC_Config_Units.sqf etc. Personally I like the DAC method, it means I never really know the makeup of any group I see. To make this believable, I just imagine that it represents a group that has maybe already seen action and has an asymmetric makeup for that reason. But, at the same time I might like to guarantee both a SL and a medic at the very least, and "subgroups" of the remaining, so that autogunner + autogunner assistant always come together. That might be nice :)

I see that there are already a few good replies to your issue, perhaps the most relevant is the one immediately above this reply, if you need a specific group makeup then make it manually & add in the group to DAC control.

• Like 2

What exactly am I doing wrong? The event config refuses to pass my script to spawned vehicles

_Events_Vehicle =	[
				["[_vehc] execVM "dispersion.sqf""],
				[],
				[]
			];

It spits out this in the .rpt

14:30:31 Error in expression <;
_Events_Vehicle =	[
[],
[]
];
};

case 2:>
14:30:31   Error position: <dispersion.sqf""],
[],
[]
];
};

14:30:31   Error Missing ]
14:30:31 Error in expression <;
_Events_Vehicle =	[
[],
[]
];
};

14:30:31   Error position: <dispersion.sqf""],
[],
[]
];
};

EDIT: The handle can't be enclosed in brackets

You need double quotes around dispersion.sqf. This is how strings are passed when they are inside a string. Hope it helps!

_Events_Vehicle =	[
				["[_vehc] execVM ""dispersion.sqf"""],
				[],
				[]
			];