silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Sup ya'll I'm having abit of trouble getting the object generator to work. As it stands I have a trigger with the following

fun = ["oz1",500,0,0,1,0,[],""] spawn DAC_Objects 

I know the trigger is activating because I placed a hint at the end, however nothing is spawning. I'm using the external version of DAC and have it packed in the mission, I can't really think of what I'm doing wrong seeing as how its pointing to a default array in DAC_Config_Objects.sqf

Can anyone help me out? I took a look at the tutorial missions too and couldn't seem to figure it out either. Perhaps I've missed something vital in the documentation.

Check the object arrays it's possible the classnames are invalid (objects from A2) - I can't recall what the defaults are.  Are you getting any script errors (check RPT file or enable -showscripterrors param)

Is what it spits out in the .rpt

hintc format["The name of>
17:04:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: scalar
17:04:37 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_Check_ObjScr.sqf, line 29
17:04:38 Error in expression <FindWpLog;
sleep 0.1;
if(({(format["%1",_x] == "ANY")} count [_objConfig,_custom>
17:04:38   Error position: <_x] == "ANY")} count [_objConfig,_custom>
17:04:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
17:04:38 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_SimplePos_Objects.sqf, line 138
17:04:38 Error in expression <if(({(format["%1",_x] == "ANY")} count [_objConfig,_customWP]) == 0) then {_acti>
17:04:38   Error position: <_objConfig,_customWP]) == 0) then {_acti>
17:04:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _objconfig
17:04:38 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_SimplePos_Objects.sqf, line 138
17:04:38 Error in expression < 0) then {_action = false};
};
if(count _objConfig == 0) then
{
if(count _objCon>
17:04:38   Error position: <_objConfig == 0) then
{
if(count _objCon>
17:04:38 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_SimplePos_Objects.sqf, line 140
};
if(count _objConfig == 0) then
{
if(count _objCon>
17:04:38   Error position: <_objConfig == 0) then
{
if(count _objCon>
17:04:38 File DAC_Source\Scripts\DAC_SimplePos_Objects.sqf, line 140
};

Hello fellow DACers,

Question regarding DAC_Reduce_Value:

I'm trying to keep track of civilian casualties but it is incredibly challenging with DAC reducing the civilian groups. I don't want to completely remove the DAC reduction as I want enemy AI to reduce down to the squad leader at distances.

Is there a way to force certain zones not to reduce? or is DAC_Reduce_Value always and forever a global setting across all zones?

Thanks.

From rereading the documentation I conclude that DAC_Reduce_Value is a global setting and cannot be tweaked for different zones...

^ Pretty sure he's right you can't have different reduce values for different zones

@slendermang - that's something Silola will have to look at

Aye. That's also what I got from the readme but just wanted to see if there was some known trickery out there. Thanks guys, I'll figure out a different solution.  

Hi Author! Soon Bohemia Interactive release Eden 3d editor and cut 2d editor, but in 3d editor we can`t add waypoints to game logic. I want to warn you, because I wrote report to this issue and this what he answer "
(0104997)
Moricky (Bohemia Interactive - developer) 
2016-02-03 10:44

Waypoints on logic entities are discontinued in the Eden Editor.
" If this happen your work will be vain
Sorry for my English

Hi Author! Soon Bohemia Interactive release Eden 3d editor and cut 2d editor, but in 3d editor we can`t add waypoints to game logic. I want to warn you, because I wrote report to this issue and this what he answer "
(0104997)

Moricky (Bohemia Interactive - developer) 

2016-02-03 10:44

Waypoints on logic entities are discontinued in the Eden Editor.
" If this happen your work will be vain
Sorry for my English

That would suck, I only use DAC for my missions.

Speaking of DAC. Is there a reason DAC Initialization at start of mission is extremely slow for me? Both addon and script version takes 10-15 minutes to initialize waypoints and squads. I have maybe 400 WPs and 2-400 AI. Not all activate at once of course, maybe 100-200 at a time.

Speaking of DAC. Is there a reason DAC Initialization at start of mission is extremely slow for me? Both addon and script version takes 10-15 minutes to initialize waypoints and squads. I have maybe 400 WPs and 2-400 AI. Not all activate at once of course, maybe 100-200 at a time.

I guess it's the waypoint generation phase. So turn the DAC_Marker on to see what's going on.

That's only interesting if you need a polygon as a DAC zone.

Silola

Is it possible to force the vehicles to only use the roads?

When creating a large DAC spawn for trucks and cars, they tend to drive into the forest and such with default settings.

Keep up silola!

Is it possible to force the vehicles to only use the roads?

When creating a large DAC spawn for trucks and cars, they tend to drive into the forest and such with default settings.

Keep up silola!

Hi, try to use a behaviour config with "careless" only.

Silola

• Like 1

That's only interesting if you need a polygon as a DAC zone.

Silola

I used that a lot :(  Any idea what can be used as a replacement to the waypoints?  Nothing as convenient comes to mind.

got a small issue.

in a local coop mission. DAC generated units are disappearing when a player (the guy running dedicated server) is killed.

Seems they are local to him.

How can I make it so that they persist?

Quite a let down trying to hunt the guys down only to realise that they have disappeared due to the player whose pc spawned them dying.

got a small issue.

in a local coop mission. DAC generated units are disappearing when a player (the guy running dedicated server) is killed.

Quite a let down trying to hunt the guys down only to realise that they have disappeared due to the player whose pc spawned them dying.

Are the other players named s2, s3, etc? I believe that's what the caching is based on.....

Are the other players named s2, s3, etc? I believe that's what the caching is based on.....

yes, thanks for the suggestion. I checked and they are. DAC gives me an error message otherwise.

got a small issue.

This shouldn't happen. I use DAC like this all the time. Are you sure you are not running some mod that might be causing this?

I have got a question, I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out... I tried to create an civilian area in a city (kavala to be precise) using this:

fun=["Z1",[1,0,0],[5,2,50,6],[],[],[],[3,3,3,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

I don't see Civilians spawning... What am I doing wrong? Prob a dumb mistake but a mistake nevertheless....

I have got a question, I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out... I tried to create an civilian area in a city (kavala to be precise) using this:

fun=["Z1",[1,0,0],[5,2,50,6],[],[],[],[3,3,3,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Units are being generated but then I suddenly get this messages in the radio chat screen:

"C Bravo 1-3 was reduced"

"C Bravo 2-3 was reduced"

"C Bravo 3-3 was reduced"

"C Bravo 4-3 was reduced"

"C Bravo 1-3 was built up"

"C Bravo 1-3 was reduced"

Then I go to Kavala and I see a dead empty city :(

I hope you can help me out

Hi,

try to change the "reduce" value within the "DAC_Config_Creator.sqf"

and then check what happens.

For example try this setting:

DAC_Reduce_Value = [2000,2050,0.1];

Silola

Hi,

try to change the "reduce" value within the "DAC_Config_Creator.sqf"

and then check what happens.

For example try this setting:

DAC_Reduce_Value = [2000,2050,0.1];

Silola

It didn't work, I am a new user so I tried the intern-module, but now I am trying to learn the extern.... is there a clear guide on how to initialize DAC using the extern option?

cheers for your help

It didn't work, I am a new user so I tried the intern-module, but now I am trying to learn the extern.... is there a clear guide on how to initialize DAC using the extern option?

cheers for your help

Inside init.sqf I have this

if !(hasInterface or isServer) then {

execVM "DAC_Config_Units.sqf";

}

else

{

DAC_Basic_Value = 0;execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

};

I think it checks if you have HC (hasInterface) or if you are running it on a server (isServer).

It's been a long time, can't remember exactly.

Of course you need those 2 .sqf-files. One in your missionfolder in My Docs/usrname and all that jazz. The other one still in your mission folder but in a folder called DAC.

Create the folder if you don't have it. The 2 files are included in DAC. Check Dacv3.1b.zip, Script_version, Source. Copy whole DAC folder to your mission folder.

What you can do with Intern is to also use custom config files. Check the DAC PDF manual, Configuration Files.

@Silola

I tried turning on markers to see what happens at mission start but all I could see was black dots popping up on map. I assume thats waypoints or soldiers.

New update made initialization even worse, takes twice as long. 1000 seconds. 400 WPs, 2-300 units.

Got any advise besides using less? Kavala feels empty with less units.

I tried turning on markers to see what happens at mission start but all I could see was black dots popping up on map. I assume thats waypoints or soldiers.

New update made initialization even worse, takes twice as long. 1000 seconds. 400 WPs, 2-300 units.

Got any advise besides using less? Kavala feels empty with less units.

Hi,

please place the critical zone to another position (outside the current zone area) and check if it makes a different.

I guess the problem is a high object density within the zone. Then you have to tweak the waypoint settings a bit.

Silola