silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Just to add you can adjust the detection routines for how waypoints are created (ie: minimum distance between 2 waypoints, distance from other objects, etc).  Check DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqf and the PDF readme for instructions on how.

So if your zone is small and has lots of objects inside you can adjust how DAC will spawn waypoints within the zone - closer together, only 1m from other objects, etc.

DAC is a wonder tool but the only shortcoming I have felt over the months is what Altsor pointed out. But mine mostly deals with helicopters:

WP search was interupted   - zone "zonename" is not suitable for unit type helicopter

I havent been able to use helis with DAC, ever :'(

I am spawning stuff over Stratis Airfield, and if helis are not able to spawn given the above error, the only option worth changing in the DAC_Config_Waypoints#Air column appears to be increasing the value of _CheckRadius1 from 15 to something like 30 or 40. But still why heli wps need to detect something in vicinity beats me as they patrol in the air unlike on the ground. Why is such a check needed?

The inability to spawn helis is the only missing factor for me to give it 5 stars. I was looking for alternate scripts last night for just spawning helis as I am making a random tasks mission so cant really temper with the editor. I also want helis to spawn in certain towns. And I spawn only 1 heli 90% of the time in DAC calls. 

Is there a way to spawn units with custom a custom load-out?

If I first let the units spawn and then use a custom load-out script, it only applies to reduced units, which are the group leaders.

DAC is a wonder tool but the only shortcoming I have felt over the months is what Altsor pointed out. But mine mostly deals with helicopters:

WP search was interupted   - zone "zonename" is not suitable for unit type helicopter

I am spawning stuff over Stratis Airfield, and if helis are not able to spawn given the above error, the only option worth changing in the DAC_Config_Waypoints#Air column appears to be increasing the value of _CheckRadius1 from 15 to something like 30 or 40. But still why heli wps need to detect something in vicinity beats me as they patrol in the air unlike on the ground. Why is such a check needed?

The inability to spawn helis is the only missing factor for me to give it 5 stars. I was looking for alternate scripts last night for just spawning helis as I am making a random tasks mission so cant really temper with the editor. I also want helis to spawn in certain towns. And I spawn only 1 heli 90% of the time in DAC calls. 

I have not used DAC and choppers since A2 so I'm not too sure myself...  the waypoint detections should be looking for enough clear space to spawn the helis as they start on the ground engines off.  You might be able to adjust this so they start flying with engines on via script and DAC_Config_Events.

Is there a way to spawn units with custom a custom load-out?

If I first let the units spawn and then use a custom load-out script, it only applies to reduced units, which are the group leaders.

In the A2 version there was a method using DAC_Config_Weapons but I don't think it works in the A3 version.  To do it via script and _events you would need to add the script on buildup of the group in addition to when it spawns.  These are separate sections within DAC_Config_Events... you'll have to look at the PDF manual for more info.
  • Like 1

[...]The inability to spawn helis is the only missing factor for me to give it 5 stars.

T8 Units x DAC - Demo Mission

This is a demo mission of my script, but it inlcudes some DAC spawned helicopers!

They are spawned at a airfield (small zone, just the airfield) and have a big waypoint zone in which they patrol.

Maybe this helps to get your helicopters sorted.

(I hope the mission still works -ugh-)

Thank you. I too adjusted its waypoint config and now it doesnt throw any errors except for armour units sometimes. But thats bearable. :) i can always restart the mission.

Btw Savage, tell me about it plzzz:
"You might be able to adjust this so they start flying with engines on via script and DAC_Config_Events."

In the DAC_Config_Events file you can customize what happens when a DAC group is created (or killed, or reduced, etc) ie: run a script on the unit(s) DAC creates.  So in your case you could create a script that starts the choppers in the air already (instead of having to take off).  Check the PDF manual for DAC it will explain how to do so.

Just to check, you are using the latest version of DAC right? 3.1 I think it is.

I have managed to get some choppers to spawn and I'm not sure why you are getting this problem all the time. Does it happen even if you make a huge zone?

Yeah man. I think I have found a work around. What I did was inside the waypoints config file, I saw the arrays in case 1 were very different from case 0, hence I copied all the case 1's entries for "heli". lol It doesnt throw any error now. But one in 10 times it does throw an error, but for armoured units. thats manageable and yes I use the 3.1b. :)

Thank you anyway :)

What is the best way to initialize the script only version of DAC for either dedicated or hosted server? I'm trying to get DAC_Marker's showing on clients but only seems to be showing on the host because I am initializing everything to do with DAC in an isServer scope. But I'm not sure what I can initialize outside of that or how I should properly do it. I'm not sure the documentation covers anything like this.

What is the best way to initialize the script only version of DAC for either dedicated or hosted server? I'm trying to get DAC_Marker's showing on clients but only seems to be showing on the host because I am initializing everything to do with DAC in an isServer scope. But I'm not sure what I can initialize outside of that or how I should properly do it. I'm not sure the documentation covers anything like this.

I don't think you need any isServer clauses. The DAC functions take care of that and make sure everything runs where it's supposed to. At least I found it works fine for a dedicated server and all clients can see the markers

• Like 2

I don't think you need any isServer clauses. The DAC functions take care of that and make sure everything runs where it's supposed to. At least I found it works fine for a dedicated server and all clients can see the markers

Good to know!

I want to activate and "attach" DAC zones to the randomly selected mission area denoted by several game logics on the map. Right now I have to pre-place dac zones over these zones and activate the appropriate one after the random location selector. It works fine but I want different weightage for different types of missions.

I mean i take a corner of the map and fil it with dac zone triggers left unaactivated since the start. Then after the random selector chooses a location from a list of game logics, I want the appropriate dac zone to move from the corner of the map to over the selected location game logic and activate itself.

Thank you.

I want to activate and "attach" DAC zones to the randomly selected mission area denoted by several game logics on the map. Right now I have to pre-place dac zones over these zones and activate the appropriate one after the random location selector. It works fine but I want different weightage for different types of missions.

I mean i take a corner of the map and fil it with dac zone triggers left unaactivated since the start. Then after the random selector chooses a location from a list of game logics, I want the appropriate dac zone to move from the corner of the map to over the selected location game logic and activate itself.

Thank you.

Isn't the command DAC_fNewZone in the manual what you are looking for?

Thank you.

... then it's a good idea to create a new DAC zone "on the fly".

For more info look @ DAC readme page 21 >>> "Creating DAC-Zones (mid-mission)"

Silola

... then it's a good idea to create a new DAC zone "on the fly".

For more info look @ DAC readme page 21 >>> "Creating DAC-Zones (mid-mission)"

Silola

Awesome. Will look into it. Thanks Magnetar and Silola. I knew DAC has answers to all my ARMA 3 queries !! :D

Hi,

Just wondering before I try this :)

Can the VAC zones be set at a certain height? I.e in the kunduz map there are underground caves. Is it possible to have enemy spawn in there and move out to waypoints I create etc?

Never tested. You can try the function "user-defined waypoints". Maybe it works.

Silola

Yeah, I ended up looking at some of the example missions and going back to my previous missions in Arma2. I've since removed any of the isServer clauses and all is good.

Hi,

I've figured out how to change the unit configs to 3rd party units.

I have a question though,

Is it possible to have a dac zone that spawns I.e Afghan army (west) and another that spawns Afghan police (also west)?

I don't want to mix the 2 west factions in the same unit config, is there a way to add another?

@Silola

Why not add a garrison function (based on percentage) also in the DAC's marvelous list of features? :)

Hi,

I've figured out how to change the unit configs to 3rd party units.

I have a question though,

Is it possible to have a dac zone that spawns I.e Afghan army (west) and another that spawns Afghan police (also west)?

I don't want to mix the 2 west factions in the same unit config, is there a way to add another?

Yeah it is. You have to add 2 cases in Unit Pool

1 for Afghan army (lets say case 5) and the other for Afghan Police (case 6).

Then it is just a matter of mentioning the unit pool case number in the last array like so:

["z1",[1,0,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,5,1,0,]] spawn DAC_Zone // This will spawn units configured in case 5 a.k.a. Afghan army
["z2",[1,0,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,6,1,0,]] spawn DAC_Zone // This will spawn units configured in case 6 a.k.a. Afghan police

Yeah it is. You have to add 2 cases in Unit Pool

1 for Afghan army (lets say case 5) and the other for Afghan Police (case 6).

Then it is just a matter of mentioning the unit pool case number in the last array like so:

["z1",[1,0,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,5,1,0,]] spawn DAC_Zone // This will spawn units configured in case 5 a.k.a. Afghan army
["z2",[1,0,0,0],[8,2,50,8],[ ],[ ],[ ],[1,6,1,0,]] spawn DAC_Zone // This will spawn units configured in case 6 a.k.a. Afghan police

Cool, thanks. I'll try it later and report my fails lol

Cool, thanks. I'll try it later and report my fails lol

I am sure you will be ok. Just mind the quotes " " and [] brackets and at the last the semi colons ;

I am most vulnerable at these spots.. :P  btw I am an Afghan Pashtun ;)

Ok guys this creating DAC Zones 'on-the-fly' isnt working for me. I put down gamelogics city1 and city 2 and here is the objective.sqf snippet:

// Objective: Capture the town

_infVT = ["z2",[2,0,0],[13,1,6,4],[2,1,4,3],[1,1,3,3],[],[1,1,1,0]];
_infV = ["z3",[3,0,0],[13,1,6,4],[2,1,4,3],[],[],[1,1,1,0]];

// find center of AO...looking for gamelogic location which created before in editor
_sidepos = [city1,city2] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_side = createCenter west;

// add marker on AO/target
_marker = createMarker ["side_area", _sidepos];
_marker setMarkerShape "Ellipse";
_marker setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_marker setMarkerText "Clear Area";
_marker setMarkerSize [1,1];

// Add task
//Task ID-Task name-Task description and some other options
["Task1",true,["Clear the area by any means necessary.
NATO have acquired a new base on the island.
Finish them off quickly.","Clear Area","Clear Area"],
getMarkerPos "side_area","AUTOASSIGNED",6,true,true] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

sleep 4;

// spawn enemy
switch (_sidepos) do {
  case city1: { [_sidepos,300,300,0,0,_infVT] call DAC_fNewZone;};
  case city2: { [_sidepos,200,150,0,0,_infV] call DAC_fNewZone;};
};

It keeps showing an error: http://postimg.org/image/uyip4ihap/

Something to do with DAC_New_Zone not defined? O.o