silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Although DAC devs maybe able to better solve this, still I will try as I am a huge fan of DAC and use it quite often.

1. I do not believe DAC causes any conflict with the AI's behaviour while in combat. You should be ok with FFSI.

2. I was in your shoes some months back and spent a great amount of time make it to work. Now I am enjoying with HETMAN. Here try it. Best thing is I have combined DAC (to spawn stuff), HETMAN (to give orders to AI and yourself), and ASR AI3 to control AI's combat behaviour. A killer combo to be honest. Feel free to contact me if you need help setting this up. in sha Allah I will help.  :)

3. Yes I believe so. As all the buildings are classified under headings like Civil, Military etc (while you make maps). And DAC does have an option which allows its spawned units to patrol in nearby buildings (Go through the read me's "Chapter 20 The config files". One of the best tutorials ever, Masha Allah. And then manipulate "DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf" file under the DAC Config folder. By default, it has building patrol turned on I guess). Through my limited technical knowledge, I am sure a fantastic piece of art like DAC automatically determined these buildings and takes care of it.

Hope this helps man.

Peace  :D

Sent you a msg :)

Hmm, I ran it alongside CBA and it did work as expected, both with vanilla and RHS units. However try to change set_combat= ["blue"] to either "white", "green" or "yellow" or any combination of the three.

By the way Magnetar its fixed now Al Hamdolillah :D

Hello, I'm getting "Artillery call aborted - reason 4". What reason 4 exactly means? Is there list of reasons and why they happen? Had once "Reason 13" too. Please help Silola :(.

Please try to ask the "readme". I'm sure there are all the abort reasons listed ;)

Although DAC devs maybe able to better solve this, still I will try as I am a huge fan of DAC and use it quite often.

1. I do not believe DAC causes any conflict with the AI's behaviour while in combat. You should be ok with FFSI.

2. I was in your shoes some months back and spent a great amount of time make it to work. Now I am enjoying with HETMAN. Here try it. Best thing is I have combined DAC (to spawn stuff), HETMAN (to give orders to AI and yourself), and ASR AI3 to control AI's combat behaviour. A killer combo to be honest. Feel free to contact me if you need help setting this up. in sha Allah I will help.  :)

3. Yes I believe so. As all the buildings are classified under headings like Civil, Military etc (while you make maps). And DAC does have an option which allows its spawned units to patrol in nearby buildings (Go through the read me's "Chapter 20 The config files". One of the best tutorials ever, Masha Allah. And then manipulate "DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf" file under the DAC Config folder. By default, it has building patrol turned on I guess). Through my limited technical knowledge, I am sure a fantastic piece of art like DAC automatically determines these buildings and takes care of it.

Hope this helps man.

Peace  How did you combine DAC and HETMAN with out any conflicts? Trying to wrap my head on how to DAC to spawn and HETMAN to take control.

I tried the addon but when loading the map the debugger tells me 0 units were spawned in the # of groups predefined. I wonder if it's conflicting with something or another.

Does anyone have any good DAC missions for us all to play? It's been a while since I messed around with DAC and it would be good to see how people are putting them together.

Cheers

Does anyone have any good DAC missions for us all to play? It's been a while since I messed around with DAC and it would be good to see how people are putting them together.

Cheers

http://hummelhummel-ag.de/downloads/T8_Units/T8_Units_V052_DAC.Altis.7z

Here is a older, simple "destroy 5 trucks" coop-mission (only did a quick update to remove a broken resapwn / DEBUG enabled). It's a mix of my script and DAC were DAC covers the whole area of operation and my script covers the objectives. DAC uses waypoint zones which get moved "back" when a objective is finished.

• Like 1

Wonderful. The more missions the better. Any others want to step up and share their creations?

Wonderful. The mod missions the better. Any others want to step up and share their creations?

great iniative. Will do.

on another hand, has anyone started getting errors with the latest dev branch update?

dac works but i get

6:03:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: dac_newzone
 6:03:27 File ....Documents\Arma 3\missions\kill%20the%20pfficer.Altis\tws_create_DAC.sqf, line 4

No errors by my side when using DAC.

BTW, found a bug on DAC Code. If you set DAC_RES_SIDE to 2, and create a new zone, the part of the code that set's friend sides is bugged and will get WEST friendly with EAST

On line 70 of DAC_New_Groups.sqf

West setFriend [East, 0.9];East setFriend [West, 0.9];

Change it to

if(DAC_Res_Side == 3) then {West setFriend [East, 0.9];East setFriend [West, 0.9]};

(Got tis from DAC_Create_Group.sqf, line 71

Undocumented feature, you can set friendly side with WEST and EAST putting DAC_RES_SIDE = 3

I really love this MOD

Please try to ask the "readme". I'm sure there are all the abort reasons listed ;)

That info is not in the Readme PDF

That info is not in the Readme PDF

1 = Target-Group is moving too fast [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

2 = number of units in Target-Group insufficient [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

3 = insufficient vehicles in Target-Grpup [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

4 = insufficient units in Call-Group

5 = insufficient distance of Call-Group to Target-Group [or to position, for DAC Artillery (Player)]

6 = required type of unit in Call-Group not present

7 = required skill of Call-Group is undercut

8 = given probability was not reached

9 = friendly units undercut the minimum distance to target position

10 = no valid Artillery-Unit present, or no Artillery-Unit ready or rather in range

11 = global condition not true

12 = Artillery-Unit outside the maximum range

README Page 23 :angry:

Silola

1 = Target-Group is moving too fast [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

2 = number of units in Target-Group insufficient [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

3 = insufficient vehicles in Target-Grpup [only relevant for DAC artillery (AI)]

4 = insufficient units in Call-Group

5 = insufficient distance of Call-Group to Target-Group [or to position, for DAC Artillery (Player)]

6 = required type of unit in Call-Group not present

7 = required skill of Call-Group is undercut

8 = given probability was not reached

9 = friendly units undercut the minimum distance to target position

10 = no valid Artillery-Unit present, or no Artillery-Unit ready or rather in range

11 = global condition not true

12 = Artillery-Unit outside the maximum range

README Page 23 :angry:

Silola

:wacko: Searched for abort '^^

more info on that error. it occurs when trying to spawn new DAC zones with the AI and when the dac_direct_start = true parameter is defined. then an error is thrown on every waituntil {DAC_NewZone == 0}; command.

that error is Error Undefined variable in expression: dac_newzone

when i chage the parameter dac_direct_start = false then the error doesn't occur but the game waist forever.

seems like im missing something?

EDIT - ok . it seems that replacing that waitunitl with if(DAC_NewZone == 0) then
        {

// do DAC stuff

};

works. hope that helps someone. i foudn the reference in the DAC tutoirals. great resource. should've looked there earlier. kicks own ass.

Hello DAC users. I've recently rewritten the armaments system for the enemy AI which wasn't supported for Arma 3. I've made it possible to change all equipment of the AI, not just weapons and magazines( which wasn't working properly previously anyway). It allows for things like this to be done with the weapon configs for your units.

// Guerilla AK-47
  case 1:
	{
	_weapons  = ["hlc_rifle_ak47"];
	_items = ["ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemGPS"];
	_uniform = "U_BG_Guerrilla_6_1";
	_uniformContents = [];
	_vest = "V_Chestrig_oli";
	_vestContents = [["rhs_mag_m67", 1], ["FirstAidKit", 1], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak", 5], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak", 2]];
	_backpack = "B_Kitbag_rgr";
	_backpackContents = [];
	_headgear = "H_Bandanna_cbr";
	_goggles = "";
	_speaker = "Male01PER";
	};
I will also be further changing it to reduce tediousness with retrieving information from the virtual arsenal, and allow for variations and randomization of the same armament classification. There is also some bugs to be ironed out with what seems to be the reduction system, i haven't figured it out yet.

I've messaged Silola and asked for permission to do a release, and with his permission, it shall be released. See you :)

Any news on this one?

I really need/want this option... 

Or is there any other way to configure the units exactly how you want?

Any help is appreciated...

Not sure of the status of that update... however you can run code on groups after they are created so in theory you could create your own loadout script and have it run on each group.  Check the DAC manual under DAC_Config_Events

Not sure of the status of that update... however you can run code on groups after they are created so in theory you could create your own loadout script and have it run on each group.  Check the DAC manual under DAC_Config_Events

Thanks for your reply.

If you happen to have an example of how to control the equipment an AI should have ( in the code) , I would be very grateful.

I've encountered another problem. When I try to create a "camp" with DAC External, it will create everything twice .
I have tried to troubleshoot but could not really understand what the problem is . Does anybody have any idea or experienced it yourself ? Grateful for any help ... 
:confused_o:

b164649.jpg

fun = ["ZC1",[100,0,0],[],[],[],[1,1,50,0,100,10],[0,0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

case 0:
	{
		_campBasic     = ["Land_Antenna",["FirePlace_burning_f",15,10,0],["Land_BagBunker_Tower_F",10,0,0],["Logic",10,15,0],0];
		_campAmmo      = [["Box_East_Wps_F",20,2,0],["Box_East_WpsSpecial_F",20,0,0],["Box_East_Ammo_F",20,-2,0],["Box_East_Support_F",20,-4,0]];
		_campStatic    = [["O_Mortar_01_F",-7,25,0,"O_Soldier_F"],["O_Mortar_01_F",25,25,0,"O_Soldier_F"],["O_Mortar_01_F",25,-20,180,"O_Soldier_F"],["O_Mortar_01_F",-7,-20,180,"O_Soldier_F"]];
		_campAddUnit   = [];
		_campUserObj   = [];
		_campRandomObj = [];
		_campWall      = [["Land_Wall_Tin_4_2",30,2,0]];
		_campObjInit   = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];
	};

Thanks for your reply.
If you happen to have an example of how to control the equipment an AI should have ( in the code) , I would be very grateful.

From the DAC side check the manual page 49:

on group Creation section it would look something like this (must be a string):

"{[_x] execVM ""myLoadoutScript.sqf""} forEach units _group"

For the actual script to change loadouts you'd have to do some research or use an existing AI loadout script (if such a thing exists)

I've encountered another problem. When I try to create a "camp" with DAC External, it will create everything twice .
I have tried to troubleshoot but could not really understand what the problem is . Does anybody have any idea or experienced it yourself ? Grateful for any help ...   :confused_o:

I've never had this happen before myself - so it spawns 2 of every zone instead of one?  With no camp in zone "ZC1" it works OK?  Have you tried using the NULL camp and see if that makes any difference?

Please check if u have placed the DAC logic two times, or if u have placed the internal and the external DAC logic together within the mission.

Try to deactivate each zone one by one in order to check if it makes a difference.

To do that, simply write "time > 1000000" into the condition line of the respective zones.

Try to run one of the demo missions. If you have no probs then, take this mission as a basic for your mission.

Silola

Many thanks for your suggestions . Unfortunately none of them worked out ... Except when I tried a mission from the tutorial.

But I found a curious thing in Arma 3's error log , see attached picture .
It seems to point to the file [ DAC_Config_Creator.sqf ] ( may be mistaken here) . But I have not touched anything in that file and has even replaced it out of the dac-zip ... i have a feeling the player name  rule "s1" or something has something to do with it... hmm 
:confused: . And while you are here Silola, i completely love your x-cam and DAC  :wub:

b164899.jpg

This is our server CPS when we engage in a first firefight with DAC AI:

0N3g5GO.jpg

I can reproduce it with other ppl and alone as seen above, with and without Headless Client. Vanilla units and no addons.

For comparsion, this is our server CPS and HC CPS on mission without DAC, based on CBA functions only, 200 AI:

axhMV7P.png

• Like 1

Hi,

I have been trying for the last couple of days to generate single units for the civilian side using the script version of DAC. What I am trying to do is to populate a city with civilians in order to give some ambient life. However the civilians spawn in groups and tend to go in formation, which sets the ambience off.

Would there be a way of spawning single (civilian) units or avoid formations?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

I have been trying for the last couple of days to generate single units for the civilian side using the script version of DAC. What I am trying to do is to populate a city with civilians in order to give some ambient life. However the civilians spawn in groups and tend to go in formation, which sets the ambience off.

Would there be a way of spawning single (civilian) units or avoid formations?

Any help would be appreciated

Im sure there is a much "smarter" way to do this, but for singel units, i would create a zone for each unit but keep the same ID on each zone so they all share the waypoints.