silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

^ Thanks Orc yes ASR_AI is probably your best bet in conjunction with DAC

VCOM_ai will be the culprit as it messes with waypoints.

ASR_ai works perfectly with DAC (in A2/CO, haven't tried in A3 yet) as it is a low-level AI mod. However, remember that DAC's AI and ASR_ai do have some overlap - see my earlier post

here on how to avoid conflicts.

I will try to test it, btw, VCOMAI is broken since latest patch, also, you'll need to reduce the AIwarning distance in userconfig folder from 700 to 200 ish, I use 200 m and that seems to keep AI w/in the area I like.

Is there a specific spot in DAC events file I should paste that code in? the previous way doesn't work. Thanks.

Edited by JAndrews1

Is there a specific spot in DAC events file I should paste that code in? the previous way doesn't work. Thanks.

I think it should go under (case 1)

_Init_Unit_S (Infantry)

The first section is for "on Create" (bolded)

_Init_Unit_S = [ [],[],[],[],[],[] ];

Check the DAC manual page 49

I think it should go under (case 1)

_Init_Unit_S (Infantry)

The first section is for "on Create" (bolded)

_Init_Unit_S = [ [],[],[],[],[],[] ];

Check the DAC manual page 49

thanks I will take a look

I have recently gotten into using DAC and so far learning how to use it is going very well - I've dabbled in creating various 'presets' ranging from spawned units to behaviour.

One thing I can't seem to wrap my head around is the behaviour of units when near buildings or in towns, they start crouching and searching all the buildings, which is pretty good if the town wasn't empty and the fact I would love them to setup positions and walk around in the streets, fortifying the city and stop them behaving like they're the ones attacking it and clearing through the buildings.

I might have missed a vital step at some point, but if anyone has a solution to my little problem I would be a very happy man.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

This is most likely the reason for the odd behaviour with your DAC groups running about

Btw, NPK, good to see someone having similar problems..(please refer previous post to find his)

Nopes. I disabled both Vcom AI and ASR AI3 last night. Put in 8 groups with 2-9 members each gave them several WPs. In the behaviour config, I edited case 1 (as i was spawning BluFor) with combat mode "Green", "White", and "Yellow", Speed being "Limited". (removed normal and full), and the behaviour setting to only "Careless".

And in the config creator, I put DAC MArker value = 1 (so that the area shows on map)

and the annoying DAC Comm option to [0,0,0,0]

Still, what I observed by zooming in through Zeus in the enemy area:

1. Some enemy AI units patrolled with limited speed (as expected and wanted)

2. The leader of a group kept ordering its group to move there and they all were in alert mode

3. In some groups, only the team leader patrolled along with 1 member of his group while the rest stood at their spots

4. At times individual units, with no groupings, kept running around

5. No DAC Marker on map

6. Annoying reduced, built up, DAC started etc msgs kept coming

As per Read Me.pdf, I copy pasted Behaviour and Creator config files in mission folder. Changed only the above mentioned values (Green fonts). Now I had just one DAC Game Logic on the editor (contrary to the read me.pdf suggested 2 logics for putting in config files. When I did place second DAC intern for config settings, spawned enemy AI just stood on spots with 0 waypoints created) and pasted in the init that code "Single_Config.....["Behaviour","Creator"].... I am in office so cant remember the exact code, but it was just the copy of what the read me file had. As you can see, no effect even with mentioning Behaviour and Creator in its init. :(

My DAC trigger had these values:

null = ["z1",[8,3,20,10],[1,1,5,4],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

the last 1,1,1,1 was supposed to act as per case 1.

Just too much nitty gritty confusion.

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Hi,

sorry, but atm I'm very busy ;-)

@TheLegendaryKhan:

There is something wrong with your script call:

null = ["z1",[8,3,20,10],[1,1,5,4],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

because there is one array missing:

null = ["z1",[1,0,0],[8,3,20,10],[1,1,5,4],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

About the "DAC_VehAllowed" ... this array is not valid anymore.

There are 3 new arrays:

DAC_GunNotAllowed = []; >>> Please enter the types (static weapons) you don't want to use

DAC_VehNotAllowed = []; >>> Please enter the types (vehicles) you don't want to use

DAC_Locked_Veh = []; >>> Please enter the names of the vehicles to lock these vehicles for the AI

... forgotten to change that within the readme :blush:

Silola

@ Silola

My bad, I have that [1,0,0] too. Forgot to type. Im in office thats why. lol

Btw, DAC_VehAllowed has something to do with my problem?

To be honest, I just looooove DAC's ability to allow the spawned enemy AI to move out of marker areas for patrol rather than stay inside it throughout. That is an immense feature my friend. Please solve my issues too and like NPK said, I too will be a very happy man :D

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Sorry to ask this question, I have read the read me but I'm on how to get the script to spawn RHS units or is there any way to get it spawn to 3rd party unit mods?

Sorry to ask this question, I have read the read me but I'm on how to get the script to spawn RHS units or is there any way to get it spawn to 3rd party unit mods?

You need to change some of configs. - units & camps, possibly behaviour also. See the links nesr the bottom of the first post. The config thread for Arma 2 has a lot of tips & discussion (AFAIK the A3 & A3 unit configs are essentially identical).

As you will see from the links, SavageCDN has set up a GitHub repo for configs; IIRC there is at least a partial RHS set.

If you have problems post your config (in a spoiler) & ask for help. If you get a working config I'm sure SavageCDN would be happy add it to the repo.

I have receltly started to use DAC and I am very happy with it, But I have 2 questions.

Can anyone share if and what other AI mods you run with DAC? I am looking only for mods that change AI reactions, add supression, no skill change.

Also will this mod be upgraded, I sow that you could define weapon for AI in A2 version. Would be nice if you could create zone where AI spawn only in buildings. Maybe some improvments to comunication so AI 'use brain' to call for support?

I have receltly started to use DAC and I am very happy with it, But I have 2 questions.

Can anyone share if and what other AI mods you run with DAC? I am looking only for mods that change AI reactions, add supression, no skill change.

Also will this mod be upgraded, I sow that you could define weapon for AI in A2 version. Would be nice if you could create zone where AI spawn only in buildings. Maybe some improvments to comunication so AI 'use brain' to call for support?

Suppression is coming in Vanilla in the next release so I wouldn't be counting on AI mods for that any longer.

hi all!

if you ll set a camp and wait for 3-5 minutes, you ll be able to see that all objects in arrays _campStatic, _campUserObj would be destroyed in that camp...

But if youll set that objects in arrays _campAmmo or _campRandomObj they will be fine!.

is it just me or i missed something???

EDIT::: SORRY MY FAULT! if you encounter that after some time your objects at the camp destroyed, its because you set CAMP RESPAWN to ZERO.

Also you need to set below "red" parameter to ZERO too )))

DAC_AI_Spawn = [[10,30,10],[20,60,15],0,360,100,0]

Thanks for such a good script!

Edited by Hunter10000

I routinely use asr_ai with DAC in A2/CO, works perfectly. I expect that the same will apply in A3; also bcombat will likely work fine. I wouldn't use vCom_ai as that messes with waypoints.

You can disable the skill setting feature in asr_ai for A3 via the file "asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf" in the user config folder. Set the "asr_ai3_main_setskills" to 0 instead of 1.

I'm not sure how to do the same for bcombat since I haven't been able to play with the latest version.

Re Delta99's comment, both Robalo and Fabrizio_T are already modifying their addons to exploit the native suppression feature.

hi all!

i have a camp spawn with

parameters

_campBasic = ["FlagPole_F",["Land_WaterTank_F",8,5,0],["Land_Cargo_Patrol_V1_F",5,0,180],["Logic",10,15,0],0];

_campAmmo = [];

_campStatic = [];

_campAddUnit = [];

_campUserObj = [["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",-7,15,45]];

in that camp a car will be spawned B_MRAP_01_hmg_F.

can it be used in missions? i mean if (that B_MRAP_01_hmg_F) destroyed then (mission failed).

^ you can apply code to the camp spawned units.. IIRC it's in DAC_Config_Events... I'm not in front of my gaming PC so I can't check right now.

edit: ok so to apply code to the AI group that guards the camp you need to look in DAC_Config_Events (manual pg 49)

to apply code to the objects in the camp there is a line in each case under DAC_Config_Camps:

_campObjInit = [[],[],[],[],[],[],[]];

From page 46 of manual:

Here you can assign a state to each object or start a script. Each empty array refers to a certain object array:

[_campBasic, _campAmmo, _campStatic, _campAddUnit, _campUserObj, _campRandomObj, _campWall]

If you want to lock the vehicles you have defined in the object array _campUserObj for example, it would look like this:

_campObjInit = [[],[],[],[],["_x lock true"],[],[]];

Edited by SavageCDN

Is there a way to only have players trigger production of reduced groups, and not AI?

Is there a way to only have players trigger production of reduced groups, and not AI?

I don't think so but not 100% sure

Not out of the box.. .if you read Monsoon's Guide to Headless Client it details how to spawn DAC zones on an HC

What are future plans of DAC, since X-Cam is relased, will DAC get some more love?

Hey guys, I've got a simple mission working with 5 zones, the first zone starts at the beginning of the mission and the other 4 are deactivated at the beginning. Is there a way I can detect that all the enemies in the first zone are dead and trigger the second zone to start? Then after all the enemies in the second zone are down, start the next zone and so on...?

Hey guys, I've got a simple mission working with 5 zones, the first zone starts at the beginning of the mission and the other 4 are deactivated at the beginning. Is there a way I can detect that all the enemies in the first zone are dead and trigger the second zone to start? Then after all the enemies in the second zone are down, start the next zone and so on...?

Sure, place a trigger over the first zone that activates when the enemy side is not present, with activation "activateZone2 = true"

Then set the condition on Zone2 to "activateZone2".

Repeat for the other zones.

Sure, place a trigger over the first zone that activates when the enemy side is not present, with activation "activateZone2 = true"

Then set the condition on Zone2 to "activateZone2".

Repeat for the other zones.

Hello guys,

This is kind of a long shot, but we have been running into an issue with the DAC on A3 dedicated server for linux.

The DAC seems to be unable to create zones mid-mission. On a Windows server, the very same script we use works fine, and the zone is properly created. On Linux, it seems to stay stuck at some point into the zone creation.

I don't know if the Linux server has a lower tolerance for some scripting forms of if this it is simply a bug on BI's side.

Anyway, if anyone has some input on that, or ran into something similar, any help would be appreciated.