silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

hello, I am getting to know this addon script version and have a question. I am trying to make a guerrilla force friendly to Opfor. well its actually opfor guerrilla units, BUT I am spawning them to east and east behavior. BUT when I get inside trigger they pretend to like me and wave and dont shoot back.

I also change civilians to Opfor Urban units.

My question is.... can this work?

fun = ["R1",[3,0,0,0],[15,1,20,20],[4,1,25,5],[],[],[0,1,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

// Opfor Guerrilla (A3)
 case 1:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["O_G_engineer_F","O_G_medic_F","O_G_officer_F","O_G_Soldier_A_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_Soldier_exp_F","O_G_Soldier_F","O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_LAT_F","O_G_Soldier_lite_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F","O_G_Soldier_SL_F","O_G_Soldier_TL_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [];
 };

fun = ["UO1",[4,0,0,0],[15,1,20,20],[3,1,50,5],[3,1,40,5],[],[0,3,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

// Opfor Urban (A3)
 case 3:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["O_soldierU_F","O_soldierU_AR_F","O_soldierU_LAT_F","O_soldierU_AT_F","O_soldierU_AA_F","O_soldierU_TL_F","O_SoldierU_SL_F","O_soldierU_medic_F","O_soldierU_M_F","O_SoldierU_GL_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F""O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = ["O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F","O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_MBT_02_arty_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [];
 };

This behaviour is usually caused by improper side settings.. check in the editor to see what side Resistance is friendly .. then match that in DAC_Config_Creator.sqf ("DAC_Res_Side" variable - should be 0 if you want them friendly to EAST)

Also make sure that your guerilla (resistance) units are set to side 2 (GUER) not side 0 (EAST).

fun = ["R1",[3,0,0,0],[15,1,20,20],[4,1,25,5],[],[],[0,1,0,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

This behaviour is usually caused by improper side settings.. check in the editor to see what side Resistance is friendly .. then match that in DAC_Config_Creator.sqf ("DAC_Res_Side" variable - should be 0 if you want them friendly to EAST)

Also make sure that your guerilla (resistance) units are set to side 2 (GUER) not side 0 (EAST).

Yea, Resistance (IND) is friendly to nobody in editor. But guerilla (FIA) is west in editor, but I want them spawning as east friendly to shoot at Nato. I will try switching them to friendly to east in editor and see what happens.

There's an error in the A2 DAC manual where one faction is incorrectly stated to be a certain side (can't remember the details ATM, IIRC it was either resistance or guerillas) so depending on the scenario they either attack when you don't expect them to, or they act friendly when they are supposed to be enemies. I wonder if it got carried over into A3 DAC?

I am also seeing these errors pop when it starts to count units. Is DAC having some error counting units? I guess some kind anyways.

18:43:40 Error in expression <10 set [count 10,_group]>
18:43:40   Error position: <count 10,_group]>
18:43:40   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String,Config entry

18:43:05 Error in expression <8 set [count 8,_group]>
18:43:05   Error position: <count 8,_group]>
18:43:05   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String,Config entry

a.Can DAC tackle spawning units like say EOS? And what I mean is, can I set zones up with triggers to spawn units once blufor in zone, I have set up 4 zones now to test, my concern is, if I have 20 zones, DAC may take some time to count all units on Altis. Unless I have zones with smaller group #'s.

b.What ways are you guys using this script?

Keep in mind I would like to have 15-20 zones separate, spawn units once blufor present. Not sure group #'s yet.

Edited by JAndrews1

2a - yes you can do this by setting the zone as active or not. DAC will generate all zones and units at start then de-activate them to save resources. You can then use a trigger or other method to re-activate the zone. Note that DAC does not track what units/groups are killed.. so if you have 4 groups in a zone, kill 2 of them then de-activate/re-activate the zone you'll have 4 groups again. With 20 zones it will definitely take some time to init but this is all done at mission start.

You could also spawn in DAC zones on the fly and delete them when done. PDF manual will cover this (and de-activating zones).

a.Can DAC tackle spawning units like say EOS? And what I mean is, can I set zones up with triggers to spawn units once blufor in zone, I have set up 4 zones now to test, my concern is, if I have 20 zones, DAC may take some time to count all units on Altis. Unless I have zones with smaller group #'s

I would just let DAC do its caching and then see if you really need to bother with deactivating and activating.

I've used DAC in that way since Arma2 and I haven't had issues. But all depends on the mission and what you might be doing as well.

How far does the AI have to travel before they search for an Empty vehicle ? as they seem to ignore my Empty Vehicles ( and they are specified in my DAC_Config_Units)

Looking to change the value for testing but cannot find it anywhere

How far does the AI have to travel before they search for an Empty vehicle ? as they seem to ignore my Empty Vehicles ( and they are specified in my DAC_Config_Units)

Looking to change the value for testing but cannot find it anywhere

yes, you need to adjust the DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf _setEmpVeh = problems can appear with costum/mod vehicles

DAC_Config_Units is only for spawning i think;)

most informations are in the readme/documentation and tutorials .......please read carefully before ask question, the most answers are already there

can DAC spawn aircrafts?
heli, yes .....but it can spawn all what u define in the DAC_Config_Units.sqf but fixed wings aircrafts are not really suitable for dynamic spawn......

most informations are in the readme/documentation and tutorials .......please read carefully before ask question, the most answers are already there

Edited by TeilX

_setEmpVeh = [[150,100],[150,100]]; is used for search distance to find a empty vehicle not how far they travel before using one ? unless i am wrong ?

1st Array = radius of the detection of empty vehicles to board; probability %

2nd Array = radius of the detection of empty guns in order to board; probability %

And the vehicles are next to the Group so within this distance - yet they still walk miles and miles to the zone ?

DAC_Config_Units - i thought it had to be defined as well for them to use that Empty vehicle ?

can DAC spawn aircrafts?

Short answer: RTFM

Long answer - no, only helicopters. You could use a separate script to spawn aircraft, but I suspect that DAC could not control them well if at all (they probably move too fast).

Bah, ninja'd... site updating very slowly for me today.

_setEmpVeh = [[150,100],[150,100]]; is used for search distance to find a empty vehicle not how far they travel before using one ? unless i am wrong ?

And the vehicles are next to the Group so within this distance - yet they still walk miles and miles to the zone ?

the ai patrol the Zones and if a vehicle is in the specific range they will board and use this vehicle nothing more & less.....they only disambark for fighting,search and if the vechle is damage or no fuel ........there is no parameter to adjust how far they travel before using one ....i think it is a job for BIS to doing this

DAC_Config_Units - i thought it had to be defined as well for them to use that Empty vehicle ?
Which vehicle types can be boarded, will be determined by the setting up

DAC_VehAllowed.....

DAC_VehAllowed = [1,2 ]

This line declares the types of (empty) vehicles that can be acquired by infantry units.

Apply as many config #´s from the DAC_Config_Units as desired.

DAC reads all vehicles from the given configurations and combines them in a pool.

Any empty vehicle given in the pool will be consiodered usable by the AI.

by Readme

you were half right ^^ unit config is used if the numbers of the configurations is inside

example: DAC_VehAllowed = [0,1,2,3,4,5 ]

what i say, readme helps^^

Edited by TeilX

Short answer: RTFM

Long answer - no, only helicopters. You could use a separate script to spawn aircraft, but I suspect that DAC could not control them well if at all (they probably move too fast).

Bah, ninja'd... site updating very slowly for me today.

thanks for the answer, what is RTFM?

you were half right ^^ unit config is used if the numbers of the configurations is inside

example: DAC_VehAllowed = [0,1,2,3,4,5 ]

what i say, readme helps^^

Yep have that already set , guess my AI Just want to walk :)

@Cholo RTFM = Read The FU**ing Manual - i would guess:)

It seems to be hit or miss whether the AI decide to take the vehicle or not.. perhaps it's due to the number of free seats in the vehicle? I've seen them ignore vehicles (it could have been due to damage or another reason) and sometimes they will take the vehicle but only mount driver/gunner and the rest of the squad walks. I would say if they NEVER board a vehicle perhaps it's something to do with the vehicle itself (modded).

OK so I used DAC after thoroughly reading the readme.pdf.

Everything seems to be fine save for the config. As mentioned, I added the following in my DAC_intern game logic "DAC_Single_Config = ["Behaviour","Creator"]". And also copied both the config files in the mission folder. I needed these 2 files to change 2-3 things:

1. DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf

case )

_setBehav   = ["careless"];
	_setSpeed   = ["limited"];

But still some AI (both infantry and wheeled) runs crazy to other zones kms away. I just want em to patrol by walking unaware of my presence 5 km away :mad:

2. DAC_Config_Creator.sqf

if(isNil "DAC_Com_Values") 		then {		DAC_Com_Values		= [0,0,0,0]									};
if(isNil "DAC_Marker") 			then {		DAC_Marker			= 1"

I suppose the top 2 values mean no annoying messages of group reduced or DAC initialising, also to show the DAC marker over zones.

But I do not get any results even after doing as per document.

what am i doing wrong? :(

P.S.: I just quoted the lines I changed. Apart from them the entire text file remains intact.

@Cholo RTFM = Read The FU**ing Manual - i would guess:)

Don't forget the polite version - "Read The Fine Manual".

*bump* Guys should I repost my question? please help. 3 rd post above this :(

Might be something else in the mission. Could you upload it somewhere? I can't play much currently due to RL issues but I can give it a runthrough and see if it does the same on my machine (still on 1.38 & no intention of changing until they fix some really egregious bugs 1.40 introduced).

If you don't want to make it public, upload it & PM me a link.

BTW, you are testing this without any mods, I hope. Some mods - e.g., GL4/GL5, VCOM_AI - mess with waypoints and break missions that are not specifically designed to accomodate them.

Might be something else in the mission. Could you upload it somewhere? I can't play much currently due to RL issues but I can give it a runthrough and see if it does the same on my machine (still on 1.38 & no intention of changing until they fix some really egregious bugs 1.40 introduced).

If you don't want to make it public, upload it & PM me a link.

BTW, you are testing this without any mods, I hope. Some mods - e.g., GL4/GL5, VCOM_AI - mess with waypoints and break missions that are not specifically designed to accomodate them.

Thanks man. But by the time I received your reply, I have already changed the entire mission to use EOS instead. However, the ability to let AI leave master markers for patrol is compromised, but I am happy. Thanks again :)

Maybe I will wait for the next DAC update.

Edited: By the way yes, I was using either ASR AI3 or VcomAI. Ill try without any AI enhancement mod . thanks ;)

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Hello, I modified case 1 to be guerrilla units and I want to add flashlights to their weapons, I am wondering if this will work?

// Opfor Guerrilla (A3)
 case 1:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = ["O_G_engineer_F","O_G_medic_F","O_G_officer_F","O_G_Soldier_A_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_Soldier_exp_F","O_G_Soldier_F","O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_LAT_F","O_G_Soldier_lite_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F","O_G_Soldier_SL_F","O_G_Soldier_TL_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [];
 };
if (side _x == case 1 && (typeOf _x) in _unit_Pool_S) then 
{
_x addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";
_x assignItem "acc_flashlight";
_x enableGunLights "AUTO";
};

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Edited: By the way yes, I was using either ASR AI3 or VcomAI. Ill try without any AI enhancement mod . thanks ;)

This is most likely the reason for the odd behaviour with your DAC groups running about

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

snip

Let us know if it does... if not you'll probably need to use DAC events which will allow you to run a script on unit spawn

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

This is most likely the reason for the odd behaviour with your DAC groups running about

VCOM_ai will be the culprit as it messes with waypoints.

ASR_ai works perfectly with DAC (in A2/CO, haven't tried in A3 yet) as it is a low-level AI mod. However, remember that DAC's AI and ASR_ai do have some overlap - see my earlier post

here on how to avoid conflicts.