silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Hi, is it possible to activate DAC (script version) via parameter at the beginning of the mission?

EDIT:

Got it in the meantime :-)

Edited by CommanderX

Another question. Is it possible to create waypoints only on roads? Didn´t find this in the liesmich.pdf.

Great mod/script. I like it a lot! Thanks for sharing!

^ the only way would be to add custom waypoints along the roads (ie: no way for DAC to auto-detect the roads as far as I am aware)...page 12 in the English manual.

UPSMON has this feature (or it did last time I checked) -onroad.

Any DAC GUI planned ? It would be great to be able to use DAC on the fly (ie Zeus like mission).

A little bird told me that there was something in the works (not by Silola but another 3rd party)... however that was > 6 months ago not sure of it's status today.

Edited by SavageCDN

I've been having serious problems getting DAC scripts to run on headless client. I've found some templates that 'supposedly' have HC support, but upon putting this on a server, and running a HC (it connects to the virtual entity) the AI do not spawn.

Any suggestions (or rather a very simple template I could use)?

I've been having serious problems getting DAC scripts to run on headless client. I've found some templates that 'supposedly' have HC support, but upon putting this on a server, and running a HC (it connects to the virtual entity) the AI do not spawn.

Any suggestions (or rather a very simple template I could use)?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146708-A-comprehensive-guide-to-creating-a-headless-client-compatible-mission

The PDF manual explains how to do it for DAC. Basically you create your mission, then delete everything BUT the DAC triggers and other DAC logics and save that as a new mission. You then run an SQM to SQF program that creates an .sqf file of the DAC-only mission, and run this .sqf on the HC only.

Of course these instructions are for HC in Arma 2.. but most should apply. There have been some recent HC fixes in A3 so not sure how they will affect anything.

Fixed. Thanks for the hint :)

Hey guys,

I try to get DAC a go. I never actually touched it before. After I don't want my group to download a new mod again I use the script version which works quiet well. I just have one problem:

How do I get rit of the Debug?

(Message box at the beginning of the mission, marking of units on the map...)

Many Greetings

Moony

Hi,

please try to ask the "readme" ;)

readme >>> page 35 >>> DAC_Com_Values: settings about the text messages

readme >>> page 36 >>> DAC_Marker: settings about the DAC marker

Greeting

Silola

Thanks, actually I was looking through the readme, but as I said: I didn't used it before so I didn't knew where to search!

So I need help with how to make the DAC zone only fire when the random objective is activated. My co op mission has 10 objective locations that fire randomly each time the missions starts so how can I link the DAC zone with the objective so it will only fire when that certain objective is activated? Thanks.

You could do one of two things - create the zones at mission start, deactivate them, then re-activate them one at a time for each objective. You could also create the zones 'on-the-fly' mid mission.

Check the PDF manual there is a section that describes how to do both.

How would I go about spawning 15 groups of infantry and have them garrison a town? I see in the scripts there is a "DAC_Move_to_Building.sqf" which forces them into a middle stance and finds positions in houses.

Is there a way to make a zone that forces this behavior? Rather than patrolling and possible moving through a house?

Thanks!

AFAIK the move to building function is part of a group's patrol (you will see groups checking buildings on their patrols if they come within a defined radius) so I'm not sure if there is a way to force all groups in a zone to garrison.

What you could do is use DAC to spawn the groups, release them from DAC, then use another garrison script to move them into buildings. Let me know if you want more info on this or check the DAC manual.

Hello DAC users. I've recently rewritten the armaments system for the enemy AI which wasn't supported for Arma 3. I've made it possible to change all equipment of the AI, not just weapons and magazines( which wasn't working properly previously anyway). It allows for things like this to be done with the weapon configs for your units.

// Guerilla AK-47
 case 1:
{
_weapons  = ["hlc_rifle_ak47"];
_items = ["ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemGPS"];
_uniform = "U_BG_Guerrilla_6_1";
_uniformContents = [];
_vest = "V_Chestrig_oli";
_vestContents = [["rhs_mag_m67", 1], ["FirstAidKit", 1], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak", 5], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak", 2]];
_backpack = "B_Kitbag_rgr";
_backpackContents = [];
_headgear = "H_Bandanna_cbr";
_goggles = "";
_speaker = "Male01PER";
};

I will also be further changing it to reduce tediousness with retrieving information from the virtual arsenal, and allow for variations and randomization of the same armament classification. There is also some bugs to be ironed out with what seems to be the reduction system, i haven't figured it out yet.

I've messaged Silola and asked for permission to do a release, and with his permission, it shall be released. See you :)

Edited by Schumacher
  • Like 1

AFAIK the move to building function is part of a group's patrol (you will see groups checking buildings on their patrols if they come within a defined radius) so I'm not sure if there is a way to force all groups in a zone to garrison.

What you could do is use DAC to spawn the groups, release them from DAC, then use another garrison script to move them into buildings. Let me know if you want more info on this or check the DAC manual.

I think players new to DAC could very usefully search the A2 thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?99753-Dynamic-AI-Creator-(DAC)-V3-0-released

where they will find many answers to questions like that of halex1316. Basic operations like creating/deleting/activating/deactivating zones, releasing units, etc., are essentially unchanged.

lol I'm not really new to DAC. I just haven't used all of it's features - I tried to give the AI instructions by executing a script on their creation (From the config > events) but that didn't work, thus I came back for information by someone who might have done it before.

And I ended up figuring out the headless client problem, for anyone who wants to know.

Basically, you can run a check on mission start that figures out the locality of the server or Headless client if you've got one. You can set a variable equal to this locality ie.

aiController = if ((!isMultiplayer) || (isNil HC_NAME)) then {

isServer } else {if (allowHC) then {isServer;} else {!isServer && !hasInterface && {player == HC_NAME};};

Basically, it checks and makes the aiController server if you're in the editor, or a defined HC_NAME is not present. It then runs scripts on the server. Otherwise, it does a check to see if you've allowed the HC (another boolean) or if it's not a server, doesn't have an interface and it's name is that which you defined in HC_NAME then it will run the scripts on that locality. Simply run this locality check first, and have the DAC scripts run after. You will have to replace all instances of if (isServer) with if (aiController).

Hello DAC users. I've recently rewritten the armaments system for the enemy AI which wasn't supported for Arma 3. I've made it possible to change all equipment of the AI, not just weapons and magazines( which wasn't working properly previously anyway). It allows for things like this to be done with the weapon configs for your units.

// Guerilla AK-47
 case 1:
{
_weapons  = ["hlc_rifle_ak47"];
_items = ["ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemGPS"];
_uniform = "U_BG_Guerrilla_6_1";
_uniformContents = [];
_vest = "V_Chestrig_oli";
_vestContents = [["rhs_mag_m67", 1], ["FirstAidKit", 1], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak", 5], ["hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak", 2]];
_backpack = "B_Kitbag_rgr";
_backpackContents = [];
_headgear = "H_Bandanna_cbr";
_goggles = "";
_speaker = "Male01PER";
};

I will also be further changing it to reduce tediousness with retrieving information from the virtual arsenal, and allow for variations and randomization of the same armament classification. There is also some bugs to be ironed out with what seems to be the reduction system, i haven't figured it out yet.

I've messaged Silola and asked for permission to do a release, and with his permission, it shall be released. See you :)

That's awesome let's hope it gets included in an update!!

I think players new to DAC could very usefully search the A2 thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?99753-Dynamic-AI-Creator-(DAC)-V3-0-released

where they will find many answers to questions like that of halex1316. Basic operations like creating/deleting/activating/deactivating zones, releasing units, etc., are essentially unchanged.

Yes very handy thanks. Also there are some links in the first post of this thread (mostly config stuff).

lol I'm not really new to DAC. I just haven't used all of it's features - I tried to give the AI instructions by executing a script on their creation (From the config > events) but that didn't work, thus I came back for information by someone who might have done it before.

And I ended up figuring out the headless client problem, for anyone who wants to know.

Basically, you can run a check on mission start that figures out the locality of the server or Headless client if you've got one. You can set a variable equal to this locality ie.

aiController = if ((!isMultiplayer) || (isNil HC_NAME)) then {

isServer } else {if (allowHC) then {isServer;} else {!isServer && !hasInterface && {player == HC_NAME};};

Basically, it checks and makes the aiController server if you're in the editor, or a defined HC_NAME is not present. It then runs scripts on the server. Otherwise, it does a check to see if you've allowed the HC (another boolean) or if it's not a server, doesn't have an interface and it's name is that which you defined in HC_NAME then it will run the scripts on that locality. Simply run this locality check first, and have the DAC scripts run after. You will have to replace all instances of if (isServer) with if (aiController).

Were you able to get the garrison stuff figured out?

Perhaps an 'out-of-the-box' HC compatible DAC is also on the horizon?

Edited by SavageCDN

Perhaps an 'out-of-the-box' HC compatible DAC is also on the horizon?

Heh heh heh...

will any AI mod conflict with the script version of DAC?

At least those that modify or add waypoints, e.g., Rydygier's HAL/HAC, GL4/GL5. If you want those to control the AI spawned by DAC you have to use a release script (note that they they will not be respawned) after giving the group(s) specific array names in the DAC. An example of assigning names in the DAC is:

expActiv="fun=["z2",[2,0,0],[35,3,50,1,"inf_group_z2"],[],[3,1,10,1,"arm_group_z2"],[],[0,0,0,6]] spawn DAC_Zone;";

(copied from an SQM so there might be some extra " that I missed editing out).

The manuals & the A2 DAC thread discuss how to release groups, also outlined on P1 of this thread by Silola http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176926-DAC-V3-1-(Dynamic-AI-Creator)-released&p=2681134&viewfull=1#post2681134

By spawning DAC groups with a predefined array name you can also exclude those from HAC/HAL control.

Both the A2 HAC & A3 HAL threads and especially the HAC/HAL manuals describe how to add named groups to the exclusion array.

GL4/GL5 aren't among the mods I've tried with DAC or HAC/HAL. I think the latter would have problems with GL4/5 because that also sets waypoints. I never did find out how to use DAC with GL4 and it isn't described in any detail AFAIK, only that Silola designed the release system specifically so DAC would play nicely with GL4.

In A2/CO I've used ASR_AI with HAC & DAC separately and also together, with no issues - providing that you disable in the config of one or the other any identical control parameters such as "throw smoke".

Because DAC is so much more complex than asr_ai the easiest way is to open the asr_ai user config in Notepad ++ then search for each of the user-modifiable terms in the DAC script folder using a good search program (I recommend Agen Ransack - free & fast, it will even look inside PBO & .exe files). Where there is duplication, just decide which one you want active for each parameter.

Haven't tried in A3 yet, RL issues have seriously curtailed my gaming over the last year. However, I do not expect ASR_ai (A3) or bcombat will cause issues, though vcom_ai likely would as that alters waypoints.

Edited by Orcinus
Clarification

^ nice post... personally I find ASR_AI and DAC to be the best combination (both for A2 and A3)

IIRC there is nothing special you need to do to get GL4 and DAC to work together.. I seem to recall it being mentioned in a manual (perhaps the GL4 one). That being said it's been years since I've tried :p

Best is to disable the DAC Ai addon in the config creator file and modify the DAC_Config_Behaviour

_setBldgBeh _setPatrol _setSearch _setSupport _setJoin_setEmpVeh
if a Ai mod is in use to avoid strange behiavor/intersect.....^~

ps: The Ai addon as a Standalone would be sooooo nice^^:o ....it is a dream since Armed Assault DAC:p

Heh heh heh...
Spam?....:pill:

ahhh thx Kremator^^

the Moderators these days are really dangerous ;)

Edited by TeilX