silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

We used to run DAC with ASR_AI all the time in Arma 2 OA but have not tested it yet in A3. Perhaps disabled any overlapping features between the 2 mods ie: throwing smoke, loner join group function, etc.

Is there a way to get the internal (Mod) version to spawn FIA on OPFOR side?? Having trouble finding the case number for that.

Thanks!

Check these configs:

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3

Add the DAC_Config_Units.sqf file to your mission folder.

In your DAC Intern logic put

DAC_Single_Config = ["Units"];

Cases 7,8,9 (OPFOR, BLUFOR, INDFOR)

Check these configs:

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3

Add the DAC_Config_Units.sqf file to your mission folder.

In your DAC Intern logic put

DAC_Single_Config = "Units";

Cases 7,8,9 (OPFOR, BLUFOR, INDFOR)

Hey thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Unfortunately, even after putting that code in the Initialization box of the Dac Intern logic and changing my DAC Zone to the corresponding unit case I get an error, "side value not valid".

I have the Dac_Config_unit.sqf just sitting in my base mission folder. Do I need it in another folder?

In your DAC trigger init make sure you have the right setting for the side of the units you are spawning (IE: west for blufor, east for opfor, etc). This is the first # in the last array (bolded). 0=east, 1=west, 2=ind

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[2,3,20,8],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Is there a way to get the internal (Mod) version to spawn FIA on OPFOR side?? Having trouble finding the case number for that.

Thanks!

Are you looking to make "Independent" side "OPFOR" or friendly to "OPFOR"?

If the later, then:

1. In mission intel settings - set "Independent" friendly to "OPFOR"
  2. Put DAC_Res_Side = 0; in init field of DAC Internal Logic. This will overwrite the internal setting.

This will make "Idependent" friendly to "OPFOR"

Look at page 34, DAC_Config_Creator. Lots of info there.

Hi guys. Im looking for a little help.

I want to run a script when all the units from a zone have been killed and its looks like this might be possible using the DAC_Config_Events.sqf script in conjunction with the NotAliveGroup or NotAliveUnit events. I've had a good look at the instructions but im a bit lost to be honest. Lets say we have a simple DAC call to create a no-return infantry zone like this:

fun=["z1",[1,1,1,0],[1,1,3,2],[],[],[],[0,0,2,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

So the above zone starts deactivated. Which is fine as I activate it later in the mission. No rocket science here so far. It has no-return enabled as defined by the fourth "0". I also have a waypoint zone associated with the above infantry zone. The zone activates, and my wee squad heads off merrily to the waypoint zone. Perfect.

To try and hook into an event when this squad dies, ive added the following to the init on my DAC_Intern game logic:

DAC_Single_Config = ["Behaviour","Events"]

I also have a DAC_Config_Events.sqf in my mission folder. The documentation suggests I would have to place some code in the "_Events_Unit_S =" section of this file but I have no clue what im doing. Simply put, I just want to run a script when this DAC generated group dies.

Has anyone had any success with this feature who could perhaps share some wisdom or show us an example?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

there is an undocumented way, to save each group within an zone (of a certain units category) in to a global array.

For this you have to specify an additional array name as a string. example:

fun=["z1",[1,1,1,0],[1,1,3,2,"infZ1"],[],[],[],[0,0,2,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

After the initialization of DAC, all infantry groups from zone "z1" are stored in the array "infZ1".

Then you can continue your work with this array.

Greeting

Silola

Edited by Silola

hi,

there is an undocumented way, to save each group within an zone (of a certain units category) in to a global array.

For this you have to specify an additional array name as a string. Example:

After the initialization of dac, all infantry groups from zone "z1" are stored in the array "infz1".

Greeting

silola

Awesome!!!!!!

Hi,

For this you have to specify an additional array name as a string. example:

After the initialization of DAC, all infantry groups from zone "z1" are stored in the array "infZ1".

Greeting

Silola

Many thanks Silola! I will give this a try!

Are you looking to make "Independent" side "OPFOR" or friendly to "OPFOR"?

If the later, then:

1. In mission intel settings - set "Independent" friendly to "OPFOR"
  2. Put DAC_Res_Side = 0; in init field of DAC Internal Logic. This will overwrite the internal setting.

This will make "Idependent" friendly to "OPFOR"

Look at page 34, DAC_Config_Creator. Lots of info there.

No, I am trying to create FIA troops that fight for OPFOR, so here is my code in my DAC trigger.....

fun =["z1",[1,0,0],[6,3,50,10],[3,2,50,10],[2,1,50,10],[ ],[0,7,0,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

I am using a DAC INTERN Game logic with the following code in it's initiation.

and utilizing an external unit config that is located in my base mission folder with 7 being FIA troops.

The DAC initializes, says Z1 is East, begins creating waypoints and stops short and freezes. Than the hint box dissapears without creating any units. I am lost. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

... that's not right !

Please try this ...

DAC_Single_Config = ["Units"];

... and please have a look a the readme page 33 :cool:

Silola

am sorry for not reading every reply. But is this for HC?

Inevitable question - can DAC optionally spawn units onto Headless Client?

This possibility does not exist in the current version. As I said, due to time constraints I could not implement

any new rich features.

No it isn't, atm.

Silola, this is a great achievement. I never used DAC in arma 2, but I have ambition to master it's use in arma 3.

I read in a previous post that far away groups, from the player, are limited to the group leader to conserve resources. Can I configure the distance myself?

Hi,

Silola, this is a great achievement. I never used DAC in arma 2, but I have ambition to master it's use in arma 3.

I read in a previous post that far away groups, from the player, are limited to the group leader to conserve resources. Can I configure the distance myself?

Insert a game logic into your mission and write into the init field:

DAC_Reduce_Value = [800,850,0.3]

More about this setting you find in the readme page 34 :)

Silola

never mind

Had a broblem with setting direction of static units for the camp. Had Quotes where no quotes should have been.:couch:

Edited by Two Dogs

I have asked before but got no answer. Last try anyone has the problems only with DAC activated that the infantry you set up with DAC only crouching around when they come near houses and obstacles, with normal behavoir settings.

I have used DAC in Arma2 and never had this problems.

Cant find a soultion for this and its really ridiculous when your mission is to recon an enemy camp and they crouching around like they seem to know that there is an enemy present.

Edited by Speedygonzales

I have asked before but got no answer. Last try anyone has the problems only with DAC activated that the infantry you set up with DAC only crouching around when they come near houses and obstacles, with normal behavoir settings.

Cant find a soultion for this and its really ridiculous when your mission is to recon an enemy camp and they crouching around like they seem to know that there is an enemy present.

Nope.

Hi,

Look at the demo "#E_25_DAC_use_empty_things.Altis". There you can see how the AI ​​behaves if a group occupied a building.

And yes, they crouching around, because they don't know if some enemy units inside or around the building. The units are just a bit careful :)

Silola

ok thx for the info, i have testet all tut missions and i know how to change behave things but is there a possibility to let them patrol normal without that they are carful ;).

Its really nice when your are in a battle or the enemy know that there can be some other troops around its just silly when the enemy only should patrol threw a city without careful.

Could i change this in the behave data somehow or ?

Oherwise i will live with it ;)

ok thx for the info, i have testet all tut missions and i know how to change behave things but is there a possibility to let them patrol normal without that they are carful ;).

Its really nice when your are in a battle or the enemy know that there can be some other troops around its just silly when the enemy only should patrol threw a city without careful.

Could i change this in the behave data somehow or ?

Oherwise i will live with it ;)

Sorry, but unfortunately there is no way to influence this behavior. But I've made a note and if I should release it an update, then I will change this behavior, or the user can set a custom behavior.

Silola

How much would be involved to have this run to headless client? This will definitely be a CPU hog, also, could I add a AI behavior script to this such as VIACOM?

Not sure if VIACOM will work... ASR_AI is probably your best bet I've run both together in Arma 2. There may be some overlapping features though...

As for HC... I've done this in Arma 2 but haven't tried in A3 yet. Create your mission. Copy/paste the DAC stuff from your mission into a new mission (DAC triggers, game logics, etc)... make sure you ONLY have DAC stuff in this new mission .. no units, objects, etc. Save new mission. Note that waypoints will not work for this process!!

Using a tool called SQM to SQF converter run it on your DAC-only mission SQM file... this will create an SQF file that you then run on the HC at startup.

So just the DAC zones and units get spawned on the HC.. the rest of your mission runs off the server.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6920345/HC_tutorial/hc_tutorial.pdf

Edited by SavageCDN