Sign in to follow this  
jandrews

whats the best way to set up headless clent missions?

Just starting this whole headless client thingy, I have it working with DS and separate HC, now can anyone direct me to setting up missions with HC controlling editor AI and spawning AI?

Also, does anyone know how to use UPSMON with HC?

Knowing these two things would be great. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance. BTW I am looking at AI caching and distribution by naught too.

Thanks.

The best way I found to use the headless client is make and SQF of the enemies I want the HC to control. Use the local command to make the script execute only on the HC and this way the HC takes care of the calculations required to run the sqf.

if(local HC) then{
execVM "enemyCamp.sqf";};

I will show you an example of a unit that is a squad leader created in a sqf

_obj_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_obj_0 = _group_east_1 createUnit ["O_Soldier_SL_F", [3480.781, 12921.258, 0], [], 0 ,"NONE"];
this = _obj_0;
[] call compile "null = [this,""area0"",""RANDOM"",""MIN:"",1,""MAX:"",2,""nofollow""] execVM ""scripts\UPSMON.sqf"";";
_obj_0 setDir 46.02599;
_obj_0 setUnitAbility 0.5;
_obj_0 setRank "SERGEANT";
if(true) then { _group_east_1 selectLeader _obj_0; };
};

The best way to do this is find the SQM to SQF converter that was made for ARMA 2. You're going to have to make some changes mainly setVehicleInit which no longer works. Place just the enemies you want on the map and then convert it to sqf and make the changes.

excuse me for my noobness related to headless client. If I am reading this correct, I only place AI units (men/vehicles) on a map, place UPSMON commands in their init box, save mission, then convert mission file to sqf with converter, "name" sqf and then use code:

if(local HC) then{

execVM "name.sqf";};

placed in init.sqf AND have UPSMON files in mission folder.

if correct, great, seems easy enough, however related to vehicles, changes mainly setVehicleInit , what do you mean?

I've done this with DAC in Arma 2 but I assume it's the same for A3 (DAC_A3 released next week!!!!)... sounds like it's the same method - create the ai and waypoints (for DAC it's create the DAC_Spawn triggers) in a blank mission, convert to sqf, and run that code on the HC at mission start.

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/17068-headless-client-tutorial/\

With regards to setVehicleInit I think he's referring to the fact this command does not work for A3 and you'd need to come up with a work-around (although I assume UPSMON for A3 will already have a way around this).

Is this the program you use? If so could you explain how to use this, the link to "this document" is locked at this site to see how to install / use. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10120

Sqf 2 Sqm - File Converter

by

Rommel

If not what else should I look for? I will look at DAC_A3, anyone know if that works with UPSMON?

excuse me for my noobness related to headless client. If I am reading this correct, I only place AI units (men/vehicles) on a map, place UPSMON commands in their init box, save mission, then convert mission file to sqf with converter, "name" sqf and then use code:

if(local HC) then{

execVM "name.sqf";};

placed in init.sqf AND have UPSMON files in mission folder.

if correct, great, seems easy enough, however related to vehicles, changes mainly setVehicleInit , what do you mean?

That is correct. The SQM to SQF converter was made for ARMA 2 and things are totally different now in ARMA 3. There are corrections you have to make as the program is not suited for ARMA3. For setVehicleInit look at my example

this = _obj_0;
[] call compile "null = [this,""area0"",""RANDOM"",""MIN:"",1,""MAX:"",2,""nofollow""] execVM ""scripts\UPSMON.sqf"";";

This is the process I used to get mimic setVehicleInit.

I have DL'd both SQM to SQF converter and Ruby to read that program, the issue I am having is the link for how to install the converter using ruby is locked, anyone have info on how to install the program? or really the serquence on how to? thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

this seems really hard to find, may be I am not looking in the correct place. (google)...

Sorry wish I could help... it was > 1 year ago I was fiddling with this and at my age there is no chance of recalling what I did :p

Sorry wish I could help... it was > 1 year ago I was fiddling with this and at my age there is no chance of recalling what I did :p

I know the feeling. thanks

does anyone know about this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154962-elec-s-HeadLessClient-Auto-Detection-Switch

Or

Sqf 2 Sqm - File Converter

by

Rommel

how to install and use this for HC missions? ?

am struggling with these, the sqm to sqf converter has a link to "to directions" but its locked.

Much thanks in advance.