Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Effects Module and Triggers

Hi all - I'm curious, is there any way to set up an effects module so it only appears once a trigger has fired? I thought it'd be as simple as synchronising it with a trigger? But couldn't seem to make it work in that fashion. Thanks for any help on this one!

Strange. The in-game documentation says it actually is that simple. But as modules are basically just compositions of scripts you could open up the modules.pbo and take the scripts you need to execute whenever you want.

Good thinking! You know, I have a nasty feeling I may have been a bit premature in opening this thread - I can't check right now, but I suspect I may have forgotten to set the trigger to BLUFOR 'present' - rookie error! I'll check tomorrow and report back! All the same, interesting to hear about that modules.pbo! Didn't know it was there.

Stumbled across it but I don't know if it actually contains the module functions. So it's just a wild guess for now. ;)

Hey, I have some missions that use triggers to fire effects modules and they work. What module are you trying to fire and what are the settings on the trigger?

Das

Hi DasClark - I'm using the effects module and the conditions of the trigger are Blufor present. The effects module begins smoking / or blazing / or whatever away before the trigger's activated.