Stekelenburg

Nimitz Life

Do you like this idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • Yes, but some thing should be changed
    • No

Hello everyone, today I was bored and I came up with an idea: Nimitz Life. It's a multiplayer gamemode based on the CVN-68 Nimitz ported by JDog and TeTet and some other mods. So the Nimitz is your HQ and you will spawn there as; Pilot, Special Forces, Naval crew, guard etc. There will be enemies attacking the Nimitz and many objectives for most roles. So basically, It's just like Invade & Annex and that type of gamemodes, but based on the Nimitz and all tasks in real life on the Nimitz. But, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA, I haven't got any experience with multiplayer gamemodes and I would like of someone can make this idea to reality. What are your thoughts about this?

Sounds like a killer idea. I have lots of custom SP missions just like this. Especially integrating various elements, (warships, air support, special forces, naval fire support, carrier landings, etc) I realize some cool stuff is still in the works(warships) but we even have a usable SUB now!!!!!! Ambiance and attention to detail is key though. Also keep in mind a carrier strike group has extensive "layered" defenses and its extremely hard for opfor to even get close, let alone engage the ship. I say roll with it!! Good luck

Well, I haven't any experiance with MP Missions, but I can give it a try. Do you have some tips?

Have a look at the BIKI for scripting commands, if you have issues with scripts, feel free to post in the relevant part of the Arma 3 editing forums on here (you can PM me, but not guaranteed to have the answer)

@Warlord, if you referring to HMS Proteus, it isn't walkable or drivable, but you can spawn it in the editor and put it underwater. You can also setVelocity it in order to get it to move.

Roger buddy I was referring to the scripted SUB mod now available, with walkable dry decks, sdv deployment, etc.

What do you think about adding the Gnat's FSF? Cause the Nimitz is good for the Jets, Helicopters etc. But not for boats, the only to insert your troops is by Helicopter. But the FSF has place for 2 Speedboats, so insertions with boats is possible too. So this gamemode would also attract people who like to be inserted by boat, instead of helicopter. What is your opinion about this?

This is superb idea mate :) i absolutely love flying missions

Mixed. Balance is a big key in any mission, non so more than multiplayer. Now are you thinking a co op mission(AI opfor), or PVP? I would consider every aspect

- what's my objective?

- Forces involved(sea, air, land, infantry, etc)

- Carrier placement

- playing radius( area of operations)

- will enemy have AA? How about coastal patrols? Snipers? Etc.....

- Available support types

- Briefings? Etc......

- weapons used(mods or vanilla?)

Get your basic layout, and then shape the battle or gameplay you want, your only limit is your imagination and scripting skills. Boat insertion would be easy sniping, scuba would take a while, aircraft can get shot down. Etc.... You get my drift :)

@WarLord554 Very well buddy on top of your suggestions in my opinion:

- Random enemy units patroling at coast,

- Distraction could attract their attention and they leave naval base,

- In this situation choppers not more than 10 meters altitude can approach base and deploy units, then friendly units can hold at base and get further reinforcement such as ammo, armored vehicles etc.

- If friendly jet shot down and pilot can survive probably unconscious without map and radio comms. Pilot can only contact through text conversation with friendlies.

- Enemy units wont kill if pilot stay on ground without firing any weapon. Commander at carrier can order safe recovery of friendly pilot and evac.

hows that?

Edited by armaman1

Well, it's going to look a lot like Invade & Annex, but it's carrier based. There will be missions for the jet pilots, Marines and some OpFor attacks that keeps the guards busy. The roles will be: Jet pilot, helicopter pilot, guards, naval crew, marines and divers. Any more suggestions?

I wouldn't know where to start creating a MP mission at that scale. Nice idea though

I wouldn't know where to start creating a MP mission at that scale. Nice idea though

If the guy who made invade & Annex can do it, then I can do it too! Oh and don't forget to vote on the Netherlands at the eurosongfestival ;)

If the guy who made invade & Annex can do it, then I can do it too! Oh and don't forget to vote on the Netherlands at the eurosongfestival ;)

^If you need help with coding, don't forget to ask.

I have a mission with a similar premise, but where you start in Marshall's and underwater and you have to get ashore and clear the island, the whole island is active at the same time BUT I use unit caching in order to save CPU time and increase FPS (hence you can attack anywhere, and you can be attacked if you flyover places that haven't been secured). I spawn some dynamic reinforcements too and dynamically fill the towns with AI. It'll also be partially Multi-session with certain values saved (such as which objectives have been taken). I don't think it'd be much of a push to add side missions, and I could probably write you a basic version as a general example at some point if you would like (I'd be sharing the example on BIS forums too, but you can work from that example).

I was thinking that this would be a great coop game, also. I am trying to learn scripting to be able to create/modify a mission like this. I wrote a simple script that will load a plane from the hangar to 1 of the elevators. WarLord554 is thinking of the same things I am thinking of!