Sign in to follow this  
Spetsnaz -PELOPES-

Real nogova...

great job ofp.gamezone.cz!

hmmm..Kegetys claimed that Nogova was fictional..but I guess this refutes that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 26 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm..Kegetys claimed that Nogova was fictional..but I guess this refutes that.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the island itself is fictional but apparently some locations are taken from real places.

Very interesting read anyhow smile.gif

Yeah, they did that with the origional- do you know that kolgujev is actually an exact map of tenerife?; only shrunk to a fraction of the size and with all the towns removed?

Man thats my next holiday destination. I wonder if Victor Troska is real! Maybe resistance is a true story. Anyone want his autograph? wink.gif

Chow biggrin.gif

I bet if I had a time and the money, I could find places in Nogova that a very similar to places here in Denmar.

That article is a vaste of time.

I dont even think the images are similar, yes... the pictures of Czech Republic is beautifull, but I dont really find any real evidence that the island is based on the various locations that are presented in the article.

How can you doubt it? Nogova has a bridge, that Czech place has a bridge, what more proof do you need? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 26 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you doubt it? Nogova has a bridge, that Czech place has a bridge, what more proof do you need? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The derelict town of Doncaster has a bridge too... does this mean Nogova is based on Doncaster (Hey, we have plenty of high rises and a ruined castle... and plenty of abandoned factories... plus an airport...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UKSubmariner @ July 26 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 26 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you doubt it? Nogova has a bridge, that Czech place has a bridge, what more proof do you need? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The derelict town of Doncaster has a bridge too... does this mean Nogova is based on Doncaster (Hey, we have plenty of high rises and a ruined castle... and plenty of abandoned factories... plus an airport...)<span id='postcolor'>

I think Place was being sarcastic smile.gif

anyone thinking of re-living OFPR? tounge.gif

BIS did take note of some places in Czech and incorporated it into Nogova.so it is true that many places are based up on real places, but Kegety is also correct that it's fictional.

so I was half right in previous post.

Is this in the real nogova?

nogovacliffs.JPG

I don't think I'm the first to notice these giant cliffs. They're not very well noticable on the map unless you zoom in some near them. You can see them on the "Ammo Low" mission map.

Ouuu ou ou...

Men...

Maybe you have the similar bridge in your land, but I'm sure you don't have Davle there... :-)

This picture of bridge is from real Davle!!! That's the difference. You look only at pictures and don't read words! I tried to show you places with the same name as on Nogova!!! And I m also surprised that some parts are so much similar but I dont think that BIS went to that place and copied it. But I'm sure they know most of that real places and they made them on Nogova by thier knowledges and memories of reality. (Opatov and Petrovice are in Prague and BIS is from Prague :-), Trosky is very well known place, BIS only chose and made better ruin for MP, etc.)

If you are insteresting in what I wrote to article, I'm ready to continue as soon as I find some pictures.

Also a story has a real base! In August 21st, 1968, (do you remember that date?? :-) ) Soviet (Breznev) and other Eastern armies occupied Czechoslovakia because of our starting orientation to West and beginning democracy - they said that some communist leaders invited them. Unfortunately at that time we didn't resist too much (yes, it was not simple) and I think that BIS tried to acquit a debt to past (at least on PC screens).