Sign in to follow this  
CMajor28

Sound Questions

Okay so I'm using the info text function. I like the sound it makes but I want the mission sound to be delayed until the function has completed. How do i do this?

0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil { function = 1; };
3 fadeSound 1;

You are welcome :) (do not forget to change the function =1; to something that works with your function ;))

I guess you do not have a lot of experience with coding? What I meant was that you needed to replace the example code that said: function = 1; with the code you want to have in there to make sure that it fits the thing you want to make. Do you understand?

I think in your case it would be better to do this:

0 fadeSound 0; //put this as early in the script as you can
Call BIS //or whatever your function is
sleep 3; //wait 3 seconds after your function before fading the sound back in.
3 fadeSound 1;

What this does is that the gamesound will only go to normal volume after your call BIS was done.

Edited by IT07
Code typo

But will the function have sound? When I tested it, the function didn't have its sound. I'm using the info text function and I want it to have sound while the rest of the mission sound is gone.

Edited by CMajor28

Well I guess that fadeSound also fades the sound of the notification.... what if you try hint?

Well the function notification is a bit different than you think. The notification occurs each time a letter pops up. So i may have to just end up waiting until the sound fades in to use the function. I could also try spawning you as a unit somewhere on the map and disable the environment and use the function, then switch you back to the person then fade sound out then back in. I may try that.