Sign in to follow this  
pappi_man

Lack of proper Save/Load feature makes Zeus unplayable in LAN

Me and friend wanted to play Zeus for hours and hours, but crashes occurred. I(Server Host) crashed and all our progress are gone. Can we get Save/Load feature from ArmA 2, please?

Zeus is pure awesome but... it's unplayable for us.

I, too, would love to be able to save/load Zeus games. It would allow us to use Zeus before the mission starts, to help games get going faster.

Me and friend wanted to play Zeus for hours and hours, but crashes occurred. I(Server Host) crashed and all our progress are gone. Can we get Save/Load feature from ArmA 2, please?

Zeus is pure awesome but... it's unplayable for us.

Host the game as a dedicated server. You can run the arma3server.exe and arma3.exe on the same computer. This means that when your arma3.exe crashes, the game will not end.

Host the game as a dedicated server. You can run the arma3server.exe and arma3.exe on the same computer. This means that when your arma3.exe crashes, the game will not end.

I do this but I found that if arma3.exe crashes, when I try to relaunch it, steam says arma is already running. The only thing running in process manager is the server and I can't exit steam or the server without shutting down the server. As soon as I shut down the server, it lets me relaunch both the server and client

add this to your init.sqf, right at the beginning:

enableSaving [true, true];

not working with dedicated though. Don't forget to save the game before it crashes. ;)

add this to your init.sqf, right at the beginning:

enableSaving [true, true];

not working with dedicated though. Don't forget to save the game before it crashes. ;)

That helps.

Although Load Game would be nice addition too. Especially in long co-op missions where there's no respawn.

That helps.

Although Load Game would be nice addition too. Especially in long co-op missions where there's no respawn.

A function to save the assets you've placed as zeus and create new and longer scenarios with that would be a nice addition as well. Some kind of a 3D-editor that's completely integrated into Zeus would be great, but let's face facts: Thats' possible and probably coming, but not in the near future. ;)

but let's face facts: Thats' possible and probably coming, but not in the near future. ;)

ArmA Series curse.

Game is not fun to play until few years later. ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 suffered this too.