Sign in to follow this  
Docattak

AI - Changing Ingame Name, Face, Camo And Anything Else Possible From Script

OK, I've spent several days trying out everything I can find on every forum I can find + Youtube!!!

Many Posts sound as though they should solve my problems until I try them and most have people saying 'works great' or 'doesn't work'!!!

[1] I want to change the name seen on AI when cursor hovers over it

[2] I want to change the face of AI

[3] I want to change the camo on the face of AI

[4] I want to know about other things that can be changed

I've tried setName, setFace and all similar things, found all the correct classifications Face07_camo2 etc. etc. etc. well past 10 hours of trying :(

I'm quite happy if I can just spawn a Unit/Group and define those things in the code (looked that up all over the place as well!) Again I've found lots of example code which don't work for me (yes I do know where to put them lol), others also say they don't work.

ANY answers that work will be a start. I will test them and reply here for other people's info.

Thanks

1: As far as I know that isn't possible. You may could change it in the PBO files, but I'm not sure how.

2: You will need the description.ext file. I can show you how to do it if you need help.

3: You will also need the description.ext file for this.

4: you can change the name of units, change what glasses they wear, and what voices they speak with.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried using setIdentity in the unit's init and also in the Description.ext file. CMajor28, please show me what you suggest for these.

Many thanks.

Create a Description.ext file and put it in your mission folder. Now in the Description.ext, put this code in it. You can add more of these. In the init of each of the units, put this setidentity "Soldier1", or whatever the class name is.

class CfgIdentities
{
class Soldier1
{
	name="Soldier Name";
	face="face01_camo1";
	glasses="None";
	speaker="Male01";
	pitch=1.0;
};
class Soldier2
{
	name="Soldier Name";
	face="face02_camo2";
	glasses="None";
	speaker="Male02";
	pitch=1.0;
};
};

Thanks CMajor28 - works great - still got camo to sort but just what I needed - I was using all the right things but not in the right order lol!